From the article....."In addition, Disney laid off two veteran executives from its information-technology group: Laura Hall and Allen Fazio, both vice presidents who had worked more than 20 years for the company.".

Hmm, are there cracks in the healthcare.gov MyMagic+ system? :rofl3:

We have to spend a billion dollars and pass this initiative before we can see what's in it.

Don't most companies make upper management changes from time to time? I guess this is news worthy because it's Disney.

I also don't see a connection to MyMagic+. How well or badly the FP+ portion is going, is not an indicator of how well, or badly, the overall program is progressing. There are seven facets to MyMagic+, FP+ being only one of them. As far as I know, the other six parts are going well.

Fazio was a VP of IT at Disneyland, so probably minimal connection to MyMagic+.

Hall worked out of the Disney office complex in Celebration, so may have been connected to it.

I wonder if there's another house up for sale in Celebration?

Don't most companies make upper management changes from time to time? I guess this is news worthy because it's Disney.

I also don't see a connection to MyMagic+.

Your point is??  

Don't you know that drawing conclusions where none exist, creating conspiracies out of nothing, and lying to push an agenda are how it's done these days?  Have you never watched cable news??  Or a D.C. press conference?

C'mon Lou.  Help a guy out now and then.  

I assume Jen is referring to the FWRR....not the MK RR.  

Probably so--the reason I was asking was that, when I was there earlier in the month, they had the MK train shut down for some refurbishing.  I saw them running some test runs on it toward the last of my stay, but I never could determine what all they were doing to it.  I did notice some new insulated joints in the rails, at a couple of points that I could see, which would indicate that they might have been updating the signal system or something of the like.  Does anyone know exactly what they were doing.

If you haven't guessed, I'm a railfan.

Probably so--the reason I was asking was that, when I was there earlier in the month, they had the MK train shut down for some refurbishing.  I saw them running some test runs on it toward the last of my stay, but I never could determine what all they were doing to it.  I did notice some new insulated joints in the rails, at a couple of points that I could see, which would indicate that they might have been updating the signal system or something of the like.  Does anyone know exactly what they were doing.

If you haven't guessed, I'm a railfan.

Whenever Disney issues a refurbishment Advisory, it's usually not very specific.

They did file for permits to work on the railroads infrastructure.

The shut down was only about 3 weeks long, so I doubt that it was anything other than routine maintenance, and sprucing up.