So... any bets on if we'll freeze our tushes off, with our visit the first week in February?  I'm rethinking the trip; maybe we should push it back a couple of months?  We don't have to be in shorts and tank tops (although that's my preference  ^_^), but I also don't want to be in three layers.

Thoughts from you experienced winter campers?

We've been there in February and it was comfortable. I am warm natured and my DW is always cold. I was wearing shorts most days and wife would wear jeans and bring a lite sweater/jacket and it usually ended up in my back pack to carry. Don't get me wrong it can get cold but I wouldn't let it stop me from going.

We've been there Jan-Mar/Apr for the last few years and have never had a bad experience. It can get cool or cold for a day but that is usually in the evenings.

Here are the temps from this year:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/february-weather/328169

Thanks...we're scheduled to arrive on the 4th, so I think we may just miss ya Kelly  :-  Prayerfully, jeans and shirt would be great.  Our daughter would love to swim but...I'm going to prepare her that that probably won't happen.  We'll be back in June so, she should get plenty of time to swim that visit  :thumbsup1:

Thanks...we're scheduled to arrive on the 4th, so I think we may just miss ya Kelly  :-  Prayerfully, jeans and shirt would be great.  Our daughter would love to swim but...I'm going to prepare her that that probably won't happen.  We'll be back in June so, she should get plenty of time to swim that visit  :thumbsup1:

Don't bust her bubble. Grandma went swimming numerous days in Feb as long as the temp was around 75. You have to remember that the FORT keeps the pool around 80 in the winter.

Don't bust her bubble. Grandma went swimming numerous days in Feb as long as the temp was around 75. You have to remember that the FORT keeps the pool around 80 in the winter.

This is so good to here, we are set to come in on January 5th and my kids want to swim. Heck as long as the temps are in the 70s and maybe even the high 60s my kids will be in the pool. We are from Ohio though so we can handle what some might consider cold temps. 

February can go either way in Florida. We have a festival in our neighborhood the third weekend of February every year, there have been years where we were begging for relief from the heat and years we were bundled up in multi layers. Now I'm a Florida boy born and raised so anything below 75 is sweatshirt weather for me.

That being said our cold spells normally don't last all that long.

Good thought, thanks  ^-^   We'll watch the weather closely, as our trip gets closer.  This is actually a surprise trip for our daughter's 7th birthday, so if it's going to be super cold...then we'll just try and push back a month or two.  I grew up in Washington State where 70 is tank top and shorts weather but, after 10 years in Georgia, I realize that I do not appreciate being cold.  I'd much rather sweat, than freeze.  ::)

Wild Womenz Weekend was February last year (Pres weekend) and it was nice and sunny during the day - maybe 70ish - but it got gosh darn C-O-L-D at night.  Like, this cold...

Just looking at the picture makes me cold!  We were at the Fort in November of 2012 and had some chilly days/nights.  Yuck.  Thankfully however, no rain!  Also...read your post on your accident.  Praise God for His mercies!!  Walking away (all of you) without serious injury...what a miracle.