Mickey Mouse waffle maker on sale

I saw one at our CVS yesterday.  Do they make acceptable waffles?  To eat, that is?  OR just for looking at?  What is waffle batter anyway, just panckae batter?

I use mine quite frequently. While the waffles are more like fancy raised pancakes they do taste good. I have used the Bisquick shake and pour but I prefer the recipe I use. 

Here is my recipe that I got from Allrecipes.com and modified. 

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth. 2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

My modification is to separate the egg whites from the yolks. The yolks go in with the rest of the wet goods. The whites I beat until they are very fluffy. 

I mix the rest of the wet goods with the dry goods. Once fully incorporated I then fold in the foamed up whites. It makes the batter very light and fluffy on the inside and the waffles make makes it crispy on the outside. 

I cant find a picture right now of the outcome but I do have one of the same batter in my Belgian Waffle maker. 

1424322_10201656331103174_1015079172_n.j

My local CVS was out but I was told I could drive across town to another store. She said she would call and have them hold one for me. She was real nice but it was 4:00 pm the day before Turkey Day and it would have taken me 30 minutes to go 10 miles with all the traffic. So I guess I'll be paying full price because I waited so long to get one. Lesson learned.

I use mine quite frequently. While the waffles are more like fancy raised pancakes they do taste good. I have used the Bisquick shake and pour but I prefer the recipe I use. 

Here is my recipe that I got from Allrecipes.com and modified. 

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth. 2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

My modification is to separate the egg whites from the yolks. The yolks go in with the rest of the wet goods. The whites I beat until they are very fluffy. 

I mix the rest of the wet goods with the dry goods. Once fully incorporated I then fold in the foamed up whites. It makes the batter very light and fluffy on the inside and the waffles make makes it crispy on the outside. 

I cant find a picture right now of the outcome but I do have one of the same batter in my Belgian Waffle maker. 

1424322_10201656331103174_1015079172_n.j

Holy Smokes Jason, That is THE most beautiful waffle I have ever seen!  I hear part of your services for people you plan trips for is you come to our site and make us breakfast on our first morning.....see you in March.

Holy Smokes Jason, That is THE most beautiful waffle I have ever seen!  I hear part of your services for people you plan trips for is you come to our site and make us breakfast on our first morning.....see you in March.

That service does require the purchase of an extra round trip flight from CT to FL but I am happy to provide for that. LOL

I picked up two for $29.99 each, not such a wonderful bargain, but I put them on the rewards card, so I will get something back later on in January.  They only had three left out of all the store I checked and that was one store having all three, go figure.