Insurance question, looking at a pup

We are looking at a 2006 jayco pop-up camper 1206 w/ slide out, how do I insure it? Can I add it to my regular car policy? Is there separate insurance for pups? If it gets towed by my dad's truck, will my insurance cover it or does it need to go on his? Any advice on anything regarding buying a used pup from Craigslist?

When you insure trailers you only insure it for comprehensive and collision. Liabiltiy is covered by the vehicle towing it so if you use your dad's truck and hit someone else his policy would cover the damage to the other person, but not the pup. So if you want the trailer itself covered you need a seperate policy and they are not all the expensive.

We are looking at a 2006 jayco pop-up camper 1206 w/ slide out, how do I insure it? Can I add it to my regular car policy? Is there separate insurance for pups? If it gets towed by my dad's truck, will my insurance cover it or does it need to go on his? Any advice on anything regarding buying a used pup from Craigslist?

OK,, here is all I have to say about buying used:  http://www.title-3.com/BuyUsed.htm

Now, for insurance I would say talk to your fathers agent/company.  It will reduce headaches later (if there is a claim) if both his liability and you collision polices are issued by the same company.

OK,, here is all I have to say about buying used: http://www.title-3.com/BuyUsed.htm

Now, for insurance I would say talk to your fathers agent/company. It will reduce headaches later (if there is a claim) if both his liability and you collision polices are issued by the same company.

Thanks for the link!

For us with Alfa (Alabama Farm Bureau), the comprehensive and collision was additional over our car policies. The liability is covered with our car policies, BUT a caveat, our comprehensive and collision is only good if we are towing it with OUR vehicle covered through Alfa.