We weren't planning on getting a golf cart because we bring our bikes and love using them but there is no way my oldest will be able to ride his bike so we are in need of a golf cart. I understand that you can rent one from offsite. Are they less expensive? And how much would be looking at for 6 days. Thanks for any advice. 

We've got info on some off-site vendors that Fiends have recommended here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/golf-cart-rentals-disney-fort-wilderness-and-r100

Best bet is to call for current rates and availability, but offsite rentals can be significantly less - sometimes 30-40% cheaper depending on the vendor and length of rental.

We've got info on some off-site vendors that Fiends have recommended here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/golf-cart-rentals-disney-fort-wilderness-and-r100

Best bet is to call for current rates and availability, but offsite rentals can be significantly less - sometimes 30-40% cheaper depending on the vendor and length of rental.

Thanks! I just found it. I'll give Kenny a call on Thursday. 

If you don't catch him right away, or he doesn't call you back promptly, keep bugging him.  He can sometimes be a little hard to get a hold of  at first, but once you're on his radar, you should be all set.  He's taken very good care of us for a bunch of years now.  :)

Mo is right (as always).  Get on his radar now.  If you don't want to bother him on the holiday, fill out the rental form on his web site.  This goes to his wife and I do believe she does a lot of the scheduling.

When we were there last month it seemed that his carts didn't leave the Fort, they just transferred from one customer to another.

As has been said, keep bugging him.

Just a general heads up for folks when it comes to off site rentals...

As you can probably imagine, Disney isn't super excited about them, although the reality is that their business is a drop in the bucket compared to the rental business Disney is doing at twice the price.  There have been lots of talk and rumors in the past about Fort management kicking people out and in fact one vendor that used to deliver to the Fort has been banned from doing so.  However they routinely showed up with a trailer load of carts on a truck with their company name splashed all over it and supposedly Disney's major objection was that it amounted to them "doing business on Disney property."

Things have been relatively quiet since, and they are *not* confiscating offsite carts from Guests (as is rumored elsewhere) but it's probably a good idea not to get into too much detail out here in the open about the particulars of how the offsite companies are operating, as we know The Mouse reads here and we don't want to get anyone into trouble.

I'm betting it's because whomever posted the info on the site doesn't realize there are actually 2 completely different options available.

In fact I'd be willing to bet the person posting the info on the site has never been to the Fort.   8)

How sad for them!

We rented from Kenny in June 2013. This December we choose to rent from Disney. We rented a 4 seater and it was indeed $59 a day. To be honest Kenny was late in getting us a cart and it was rather run down and the battery was dead so we had to charge it overnight before we could use it. For us the extra ~$20 a day was worth it. When we thought we had an issue with our cart Disney was prompt in responding to it, we had piece of mind knowing Disney was behind it and we did not need to chase someone down who is known for being difficult to get a a hold of.

Just my .02 cents

I'm betting it's because whomever posted the info on the site doesn't realize there are actually 2 completely different options available.

In fact I'd be willing to bet the person posting the info on the site has never been to the Fort.   8)

Maybe someone should tell them about "The HUB", it's all on there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We're headed to FW next week and haven't made golf cart reservations because we planned to use the bus system.  Well I'm re-thinking that now and want to get a cart.  I would like to avoid the expense of the Disney carts and have called around to other businesses to check on prices and availability.  Anyone have tips or recommendations?