I think it means someone at dvcnews read TCD's post on FF.net yesterday.

I was thinking the same thing.

The saying that "great minds think alike" also works in reverse, and you two prove it.

Both TCD and DVC site the same source below.

The Great One, Mr. Rock Star, can't take credit for breaking a new story. Although he'll probably want to, and has.

Both are rehashing the old story about a Wilderness Region DVC.  :beathorse:

https://twitter.com/amusementleaks

The saying that "great minds think alike" also works in reverse, and you two prove it.

The Great One, Mr. Rock Star, can't take credit for breaking a new story. Although he'll probably want to, and has.

Those drawings are not a rehash of anything.

As far as I know, they're the first drawings that have been leaked to the public.

This is a big deal.

Up to now, we didn't have any specifics showing what they were planning.

Now we do.

I don't take credit for leaking them.  But I do take credit for being the first to post a link to them on a Discussion Board.

TCD

Just because they both quoted the same twitter source, does not mean dvc news didnt get pointed in that direction by reading here. I stand by my prvious, well thought out, non-lever pulling, non schmuck faced statement. And that Yvonne is one smart lady.

Just because they both quoted the same twitter source, does not mean dvc news didnt get pointed in that direction by reading here

Just so I'm clear, you really, really, really, believe that DVC News and others, because the story is on other discussion boards as well, got their lead from this forum and not the original source?

There is arguably no bigger supporter of FF.Net than myself, but I don't buy that for a minute. I know what we are, and am happy with it, but I also realize that we are tiny when compared to other WDW sites.

I cannot be certain of anything except my love for my family, country, and God and my hatred for islamic terrorists.

That being said I know news organizations troll other news organization websites for news so it is not out of the realm of possibility for disney news sites to do the same thing. How many times have me and Mo reposted other sites stories here?

I am not saying they didnt find the tweets on their own but they could have been pointed in the right dirction by TCD also.

It will have to remain a big mystery like who really killed Kennedy or the age old question of why the original Battlestar Gallactica was cancelled.

I wrote, and I quote, schmuckface, "rehashing the old story about a Wilderness Region DVC", which it is.

And no, this is not the first time that drawings have surfaced. They were out a couple of years ago.

This is sad.

I guess one of us will need to give Gail a call and suggest that she get you to the doctor for an adjustment of your meds and to have your eyes checked.

These drawings were not "out a couple of years ago."  This is the first time that any drawings have surfaced showing the details that these drawings contain- the footprint of the project, the height of the buildings, details about the pools, etc.  None of that has been seen before.

It's interesting that the Twitter site has now taken the drawings down.

TCD

I posted it on my Face Book to go to Fortfiend.net to get the info I hope we will get new members

:thumbsup3:

Just so I'm clear, you really, really, really, believe that DVC News and others, because the story is on other discussion boards as well, got their lead from this forum and not the original source?

There is arguably no bigger supporter of FF.Net than myself, but I don't buy that for a minute. I know what we are, and am happy with it, but I also realize that we are tiny when compared to other WDW sites.

You forget the power of social media.

Remember I said I also posted a link to this thread on the FF.net FB account? Well I know for a fact that info was picked up and shared quickly by several others.  And as in the old shampoo commercials, when it comes to social media, they tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends, and so on...

I've been involved in another situation this week to do with rescue where I saw posts from a single person literally circle the globe and reach thousands of people in the span of 36 hours.

I'm not saying that means for sure that other websites and discussion boards got their information here first.  But I would not discount that as a possibility.  :)

It will have to remain a big mystery like who really killed Kennedy or the age old question of why the original Battlestar Gallactica was cancelled.

... and bigfoot.

And why WAS the original Battlestar Gallactica cancelled? I loved that show.

I guess one of us will need to give Gail a call and suggest that she get you to the doctor for an adjustment of your meds and to have your eyes checked.

:rofl2:

These drawings were not "out a couple of years ago."  This is the first time that any drawings have surfaced showing the details that these drawings contain- the footprint of the project, the height of the buildings, details about the pools, etc.  None of that has been seen before.

TCD

Think what you like, and I'm not saying that I've seen every single one of those drawings posted on that site, but I'm telling you that I have absolutely seen drawings of the overall plans, and some other drawings before.

• 7 months later...

That's an interesting article.  And it raises some thoughts....rather than build the Fort DVC, they could convert the entire Wilderness Lodge into DVC, including those lakefront cabins, expanded pool and lazy river, etc.  If the occupancy issues at Deluxe resorts mentioned in the article is true, taking those 728 rooms offline would seem to help by pushing those guests to other WDW Deluxe properties.  They could also build amenities in the dead space running from the Lodge to River Country if they wanted to integrate the resorts further....maybe even dust off the old Buffalo Junction plans.  That gets rid of the RC eyesore without plunking down a monstrous resort on the Fort's beach.  

"Borrowing another page from the Polynesian playbook, the expanded Wilderness Lodge DVC will also feature prestigious bungalow-style accommodations.  Keeping with the wilderness theme, Disney plans to build stand-alone cabins along the beach bordering Bay Lake.  The cabins will sleep 8-9 guests and feature high end amenities like a private fire pit and hot tub."

I could see Disney filling in the horse shoe shaped area between WL and RC with the bungalows and converting some of RC area to high end camper area.  A few pad sites for when musicians are visiting/ performing and people that have RVs that don't fit under the check in awnings.  I am thinking a 3 star camper area with CM that come and hock up the sewage line  and dump the tanks for you.