Something new for Norway..........

I found this on a coaster web page just thought I would share it , not sure what will become of it just some Disney news.

http://www.coaster-net.com/news/2299-possible-frozen-attraction-at-norway-in-epcot/

Good thread Rennie.

I first read about this rumor just after the first of the year on "Moviefone", and that writer quoted the same source, Jim Hill, which I just happen to be familiar with.

Who is Jim Hill ? He's a self proclaimed Disney expert, not a Disney employee, who lives, in of all places, where I use to live, southern NH, the Disney information capitol of the world. Is it a coincidence that our very own Disney "Queen of Content" lives there? Is he getting his info from her? No, she's much more accurate than Jimbo.

Anyway, ole Jimbo uses the shotgun approach when he makes Disney predictions, more like guesses, regarding Disney. Fire it enough times, and you're bound to hit something, some time. Someone recently researched 14 of his predictions, only 4 proved to have come about.

This latest prediction, based on his verified track record, has a 30% chance of being true, so don't bet the farm on it.

I hope this is one of the 30% when he's right, anything new at Epcot would be welcomed.

Jim Hill lives here???  Well heck, I need to track him down and see where he keeps the leprechaun in the basement that he tortures to get his information from on all these new projects he predicts.

That said, Jim's a fun read.  And yes, every one once in a blue moon, something he predicts actually comes true. (see: shotgun approach)

I would like this to be true also, but then I would really like the Monsters Inc coaster to exist also.

...oh and world peace.  OK world peace first.

I'm not an imagineer but all they would have to do is add some Frozen theming to Maelstrom.

Think about POTC. They added Captain jack in a few places and gave him a throne in the treasure room. And now people think they made the ride based on the movie. No really. I've heard people telling their kids in line for POTC that the ride is based on the movie. Lol

New Boston

Hmm... I know where that is...

I wish Avatar-Land would have just been a Jim Hill prediction.

Amen to that!

I'm not an imagineer but all they would have to do is add some Frozen theming to Maelstrom.

Think about POTC. They added Captain jack in a few places and gave him a throne in the treasure room. And now people think they made the ride based on the movie. No really. I've heard people telling their kids in line for POTC that the ride is based on the movie. Lol

That's the thing, this idea isn't really a stretch at all, and Maelstrom could definitely use an update.  Blow up the really old tourism promotion at the end and that could easily become a character meet and greet.

Jim Hill used to have some interesting articles. I can't remember exactly, but I believe they were called "why for" or some other two word combo.

I thought he had a weekly blog at one point, but I haven't followed him for a while.  These days I mostly see his articles pop up on other websites.

Nice going Ray, now you've given them the idea.

"It is Disney's policy to return ALL unsolicited ideas unopened"

Still haven't figured out how they know it is an unsolicited idea before they open it.

I tend not to believe the rumor, at least not at this point.  A major ride overhaul would take time to plan.  I doubt Disney would undertake a major ride addition / expansion / overhaul with theming to a movie unless the movie were a hit with staying power.  We now know Frozen is a huge hit (I think 2nd only to Lion King for Disney animated films), but we only know that in the past 6 weeks or so.  So while the concept of a Frozen themed attraction at Norway makes a lot of sense, in my opinion the planning on such a thing would only seriously be underway now or going forward.  So it could happen, but I believe this is just a standard Jim Hill rumor at this point.    

True.  Although I wonder if the big gap between first movie and the sequels will but a damper on the popularity of the movie long term?

The thing that I think helped Harry Potter, Lord of the  Rings and The Hobbit is that they filmed them back-to-back and released them only about a year apart.  Kept people on the hook and clamoring for more.

By the time Avatar 2 comes out it's possible the hubbub will have cooled quite a bit.

Heck I just saw it in the last 6 months and I've already forgotten much of it.  I also didn't finish that moving thinking "OMG I can't wait to see the next one!!!"

But then as Lou has pointed out, I'm not normal.

The thing that I think helped Harry Potter, Lord of the  Rings and The Hobbit is that they filmed them back-to-back and released them only about a year apart.  Kept people on the hook and clamoring for more.

You raise a good point.  Hobbit Land would fit ok at AK....and like Harry Potter would have fans of the movies AND the books streaming in.  Plus, as the LOTR trilogy has been around for decades it has multi-generational appeal.  

Maybe Disney could renegotiate this and replace Avatar with Middle Earth?  

Hobbit Land would fit ok at AK....and like Harry Potter would have fans of the movies AND the books streaming in.  

Plus, as the LOTR trilogy has been around for decades it has multi-generational appeal.  

Maybe Disney could renegotiate this and replace Avatar with Middle Earth?  

I wish!!!

Me too!!!

I grew up on the books. And loved the movies.

Me three.

They could fill an entire park, not just a section of one, with a LOTR theme.