Hey Fiends,

Trying to decide, if including the water parks on our AP is worth it.  We have a 7 year old and a 2 year old, and we're planning 3 trips (Feb, May and Oct) to The Fort.  Both kids really like water and our 7 year old is proudly working on her swimming skills (still needs tons of supervision of course).  

Thing is, our 7 year old is tall and over the 48" max that some of the kid areas list at the two water parks.  I'm curious how strict Disney is with that policy?  I know at The Fort, she can get away with using the kiddie slide...but she is also a very courteous child and we watch her closely (in other words, she doesn't cause any problems).  This is helpful, as I am able to have both kiddos in the same area (understandably, the baby only puts up with the big pool for so long...he'd rather walk and splash in the kiddie area).

Having said all of that, they both enjoy the pool at The Fort just fine... so I'm wondering if we should wait a few years, until they are both (or at least our oldest) really good/strong swimmers, before spending the extra money to go the water parks.

Thoughts??

Save your money.

We've had waterpark passes at the same time we had AP's, and there just isn't enough time in the day.

Your kids are too young to enjoy all of the water park attractions.  Not worth spending the extra $$ for as little as you would be able to use the waterparks at this stage.  You really aren't going to want to go at all in February anyway.

Wait a few years.

TCD

Good decision, kids that young will be happy at the pools and kids splash area.  The kids in the parks love the splash areas there, some more than the rides.  I see parents having to drag their child away to go back to the rides. .  Personally I enjoy the water parks more than the theme parks but until the kids are old enough to enjoy most of the slides at the water park I would save the money.  

For future reference, in case anyone is interested, let me share a little known TCD tip.

I think this is only for Florida residents.

They sell a special annual waterpark pass that is only good after 2 pm.  The cost for this pass is $62.00.

The cost for one day admission to a waterpark is $53.00.

Here's the secret- you can go to a waterpark and enjoy it all day.  At the end of the day, you can go to the ticket window and turn in that pass for the annual pass, and just pay the additional $9.  So the first day, you can go all day.  The rest of the year, just after 2 pm.  But it's good for both parks.  That's a deal.  It used to be a better deal when they would have evening EMH's at the waterparks-those were always fun.

TCD

The only time I've been to one of the water parks was to Typhoon Lagoon when I was 13. I got separated from my family in the lazy river area and couldn't find them for about ten minutes. Maybe at 13 I should have been more level headed, but I remember being absolutely terrified.

I guess it left a bad taste in my mouth, because as an adult, I've never had any desire to go to the water parks!

The only time I've been to one of the water parks was to Typhoon Lagoon when I was 13. I got separated from my family in the lazy river area and couldn't find them for about ten minutes. Maybe at 13 I should have been more level headed, but I remember being absolutely terrified.

I guess it left a bad taste in my mouth, because as an adult, I've never had any desire to go to the water parks!

:hugs2:   

We're taking DD to one of the waterparks this summer. Which one do you like best and why?

For us, Blizzard Beach was the favorite for a long time.

But, after they opened Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, that became our favorite.  The Typhoon Lagoon wave pool is way more fun than Blizzard Beach's.  Also, Typhoon Lagoon has Shark Reef, where you can snorkel above sharks.

The lazy river and slides at Blizzard Beach are better than Typhoon Lagoon's, but Crush N Gusher tips the scale to Typhoon Lagoon for us.

TCD

For us, Blizzard Beach was the favorite for a long time.

But, after they opened Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, that became our favorite.  The Typhoon Lagoon wave pool is way more fun than Blizzard Beach's.  Also, Typhoon Lagoon has Shark Reef, where you can snorkel above sharks.

The lazy river and slides at Blizzard Beach are better than Typhoon Lagoon's, but Crush N Gusher tips the scale to Typhoon Lagoon for us.

TCD

Okay... so after reading about the shark reef, I had to go online and take a peak... that looks awesome!  I love snorkeling in Hawaii and this looks like the chance to have a similar experience, without the threat of being snacked on  :thumbsup1:   We'll have to try this park in a couple of years!

Okay... so after reading about the shark reef, I had to go online and take a peak... that looks awesome!  I love snorkeling in Hawaii and this looks like the chance to have a similar experience, without the threat of being snacked on  :thumbsup1:   We'll have to try this park in a couple of years!

Living in Florida, my girls have snorkeled almost since they could walk.

Shark Reef is a perfectly safe and fun way to snorkel above real sharks.  They're all very small, and they feed them good, so they aren't going to bother you.

They give you a flotation vest, and it's as easy as can be.

Still, people freak out over it.

TCD

You sure?     :rofl3:

Pretty sure.

As there are only two water parks at WDW, I think I'm safe in saying that.

Actually if the unofficial attendance figures are to be believed, BB does come in 2nd as far as Central Florida water parks go, not just at WDW.

Overall though, it's ranked as 3rd.