Lou's special day!!!

Silly government.  March 14th is pie day.  Everybody knows that.

I don't know that I have a favorite pie.  In winter, I like apple pie, served warm with some vanilla ice cream.  Best apple pie I ever had was served in a parfait glass.  They put a small scoop of ice cream in the glass, then stuffed in the pie, then more ice cream, then caramel sauce over the top with some whipped cream.  Yumm-o!

I'll take cherry pie, but only one that's made with the sour cherries we used to grow.  Unfortunately I'll never taste it again because I can't buy those cherries in any store.

I like apple pie with crumbs on top. I'm picky about it, I don't like a lot of goo and canned filling is :barf:

Man, you people are tough.

I love cherry pie but only if it is made with the sour cherries as well. I don't ever make it either because you can't find the cherries in the store.  I asked once in the grocery store down here if they ever got sour cherries in and the guy looked at me like I was a nut case.

My other favorite is apple pie with the crumbs on top.  When I make that one, I make it from scratch...It is delicious!

I love cherry pie but only if it is made with the sour cherries as well. I don't ever make it either because you can't find the cherries in the store.  I asked once in the grocery store down here if they ever got sour cherries in and the guy looked at me like I was a nut case.

Great!  A fiend understands!

My next favorite is pecan pie.

But since I'm a low carber I don't eat pie any more.  Just a taste now and then.

KEY LIME PIE

(and for you yankee folks...no, key lime pie is not green)

Jen,  do you like your key lime pie with meringue or whipped cream?

I once got a slice of key lime pie in Key West that had been frozen on a stick and then dipped in chocolate.

Pecan pie (not made with karo syrup) and chocalate fudge pie are the best two in my book . I think I need to mark april 26 and 27 down on the calender

My favorites (yes I have more than one) are Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Pie.  I do love apple but when I have a choice I take one of the first two. Key Lime is wonderful and I have made them and I do use Lime juice but it is a special one.  I also love home made lemon pie but do not like any of the ones that are store bought.  They do not taste like real lemon.  The easiest for me to make is cheesecake, which is more like a pie to me than a cake. :jumpforjoy  :purpleflam:  :fork: