This is an inside scoop.

The Duffy Bus has been so popular in Japan that WDW management has decided to scrap the new latest paint scheme for the WDW buses, and is in the process of converting all of the WDW buses to Duffy buses.

Also, the drivers will have new uniforms that mimic "Duffy the Disney Bear"

This is an inside scoop.

The Duffy Bus has been so popular in Japan that WDW management has decided to scrap the new latest paint scheme for the WDW buses, and is in the process of converting all of the WDW buses to Duffy buses.

So you finally got your way and talked all the other drivers into playing dress-up?

This is an inside scoop.

Speaking of the latest paint scheme, many of the buses I saw this last trip had the new striping, but were still white underneath..... was the overall grey too hard? or is that step 1 of a 2-step process?

Speaking of the latest paint scheme, many of the buses I saw this last trip had the new striping, but were still white underneath..... was the overall grey too hard? or is that step 1 of a 2-step process?

Actual there are only a handful with that scheme. You were probably seeing the same buses over and over again.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the buses that you're referring to, which are only Nova buses, will be done that way because they're the next buses to be retired, the sooner the better. So why spend the money on a full paint job. Most, if not all, of what you see on those buses is a decal.

I haven't seen any of the existing Gillig buses with that scheme. I suspect that they will have the full paint scheme at some point as they have more years left in them.

Actual there are only a handful with that scheme. You were probably seeing the same buses over and over again.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the buses that you're referring to, which are only Nova buses, will be done that way because they're the next buses to be retired, the sooner the better. So why spend the money on a full paint job. Most, if not all, of what you see on those buses is a decal.

I haven't seen any of the existing Gillig buses with that scheme. I suspect that they will have the full paint scheme at some point as they have more years left in them.

OK, cool, makes sense.

Is Duffy more popular in Japan than in the US? The bus is bizarre.

Crazy popular. Have you ever noticed the amount of Japanese tourist in his meet and greet line? And they are teens/20 something's acting like they are meeting a rock star.

I've heard they go nuts buying his outfits over here and then resell them at home. Don't know if that is true however

wasn't he originally brought over due to his popularity in Japan?

Probably, but it could also be because there are so many visitors from Japan at WDW, and it gives them a connection.

Duffy's roots actually began in the US as strictly a plush character. He came in various colors, and wasn't called Duffy, just "Disney Bear". He didn't do well and ended up being sold at dollar stores and outlet malls. 

A couple of years later when Tokyo Disney opened, he was resurrected and became an official part of that park. He was given the "Duffy, the Disney Bear" name, along with a back story of how he came about. He's a rock star over there, not as popular here.