Glitch with fastpasses or possible change?

I just went in to change our fastpasses for Epcot in March. For the heck of it I tried to switch Spaceship Earth for Test Track because it appeared you could do so (we already have Soarin) and it let me!

Then I went to my HS day and switched out Star Tours for Rock n Roller Coaster, we already had Toy Story.

So not sure if this is a glitch in the system or they're changing once again, but I like it!

Interesting.

By changing some existing FP+ choices, I was able to book FP+ reservations for Toy Story, Rock N Rollercoaster and Illuminations  Fantasmic on the same day.  In the past, you could only choose one of those.

Also works at Epcot, as you reported.

That makes things much, much better!

TCD

Edited by Tri-Circle-D

Just in case it's a glitch I'd recommend not changing them again! 8)

Definitely interested to hear if people continue to be able to do this.

Believe me, I'm not touching them again! I was giddy when I was able to change them, haha.

Take screen shots. Kenny the Pirate posted about it on his blog and Facebook, so if it's a glitch, it's about to get fixed.

From what I've heard, screen shots don't cut it with CM's.  They make you pull up your reservations on the MDE App and show them.  Screen shots only show what was reserved at the time you took the screen shot-what if you made changes after that?

But, I still do take screen shots on the day of- just in case I can't pull up the app when needed.  If I ever encounter that situation, and the CM still won't let me in, I will use that when I go to Guest Services to report that my experience did not meet my expectations.

TCD

Does this mean you can have test track and sorian if so I might like FP+

While the glitch worked, yes.  I think it's already been fixed.

But, I now have two days of FP+'s reserved.  One I have Test Track, Soarin', and Living with the Land on the same day.  The other I have Toy Story, RNRC and Fantasmic.  We will see if I actually am able to use those.

If this would always be allowed, I would have less of a problem with FP+.

TCD

But, I now have two days of FP+'s reserved.  One I have Test Track, Soarin', and Living with the Land on the same day.  The other I have Toy Story, RNRC and Fantasmic.  We will see if I actually am able to use those.

TCD

Am I the only one that sees the real good news in this?  If TCD has two days of FP+'s reserved, that means another TCD TR is coming!  :jumpforjoy

TCD

I don't see why you couldn't use them.  It's not your fault they had a glitch in the system that allowed you to make them. 

I have a similar situation, TT, Soarin and Maelstrom (I know!) on our Epcot day and RNRC, Toy Story and TOT on our HS day.  I have screen shots but they are still listed on MDE so if I show them that they better let me use them. 

Am I the only one that sees the real good news in this?  If TCD has two days of FP+'s reserved, that means another TCD TR is coming!  :jumpforjoy

You are very perceptive.

And, there's still a TCD TR that hasn't ended.

Who knew?

I don't see why you couldn't use them.  It's not your fault they had a glitch in the system that allowed you to make them. 

I have a similar situation, TT, Soarin and Maelstrom (I know!) on our Epcot day and RNRC, Toy Story and TOT on our HS day.  I have screen shots but they are still listed on MDE so if I show them that they better let me use them. 

Agreed.

I've got screen caps not only from my phone, but also from my computer. I'm going to print out the one from the computer.  If I don't get to use those FP+'s, then I will wait in that long line at guest services and report it to one of those CM's in the plaid vests.  I'm sure that will get me far!

TCD

OK, what about if you don't have a smart phone?

(I know, I know, get with the technology old geezer, but hey, we're trying to save some money, here.)

If I'd be in line, and then got refused, and then couldn't show the CM my info because I don't have a smart phone, I would be very pissed.  Good thing we probably won't be going for another year or so.  They should have all the issues straightened out by then, right?  Or maybe they'll be back to paper fast passes....

(I know, I know, get with the technology old geezer, but hey, we're trying to save some money, here.)

If I'd be in line, and then got refused, and then couldn't show the CM my info because I don't have a smart phone, I would be very pissed.  Good thing we probably won't be going for another year or so.  They should have all the issues straightened out by then, right?  Or maybe they'll be back to paper fast passes....

when we had issues in Oct & Dec I had my smart phone but MDE wouldn't load.  The CM turned us away even with a screen shot for the Little Mermaid, my oldest was in tears.  I was able to get MDE to work and went back not 5 minutes later and he then let us in.

If you don't have a smart phone, they want you to go and find a FP+ CM and take it up with them.  Do they have a FP+ CM handy at the rides?  No.  You have to go and find one.  I've seen them wandering around in the parks, and there's typically a bunch on hand at the FP kiosks.  But let's say you were at Space Mountain when this happened.  You would have to walk all the way over to Stitch to try to get someone to help you.  The CM's at the scanners will just send you away.  Just like what happened to Kelly in the post below.

when we had issues in Oct & Dec I had my smart phone but MDE wouldn't load.  The CM turned us away even with a screen shot for the Little Mermaid, my oldest was in tears.  I was able to get MDE to work and went back not 5 minutes later and he then let us in.

This is awful.

Turning away a kid in tears.  And the break-down was in their system.  It's bad enough that you can only have three FP's per day.  But then when their system screws up, they put it on you to resolve the issue.

The sensors don't work a lot.  I think we've had a problem at least once on each of our trips to a park since we got Magic Bands. With such a high failure rate, I am starting to think that the failures aren't really failures but are done intentionally so CM's can learn how to handle those situations.  We are the guinea pigs.  Who cares if a kid cries?  They already have your money.

TCD