Thank you, each of you, for your (very) helpful advise.  My husband and I inspected the trailer yesterday...I think I touched every inch of that trailer, including up on the front and crawling on the ground looking underneath.  I pushed the siding, interior walls, walked the floor slowly and everything looked/felt solid.  I saw no evidence of leaks and all the mechanics appeared to work well.  This particular owner has his new trailer, parked next to our storage spot...so I feel (somewhat) confident that his words were honest as he we know, where he "lives"  :))  All that being said.... the trailer really did appear to be in good condition and we do feel that this past owner took good care of it so... we are now the new owners of a cute hybrid trailer! :)  Completely thrilled, but also freaking out a little bit as while this man was explaining about the camper (how to do this and that) we came face-to-face with the full realization that we know NOTHING about how to set up, take down or maintain a camper.  Zero.  Nada.  Zip.  Yep... we're going into this blind (as I'm guessing several have).  So, come May if any of you fiends see a family with a Hybrid completely lost at 1) trying to back the thing into the spot and 2) trying to set it up....that would probably be us :)

Now... on to finding a tow vehicle....

Congrats on the new camper! 

We will be there May 5-10 in the full hookups. If you see a guy pull over a lawn chair and a "beverage" and plop down to watch you back in, that is likely me :)

Congrats on the new camper! 

We will be there May 5-10 in the full hookups. If you see a guy pull over a lawn chair and a "beverage" and plop down to watch you back in, that is likely me :)

We'll actually be pulling in on the 10th, so we'll likely miss you.  Maybe we'll be able to connect another time.  I really need to get my Fiends sign! :)

Congratulations!  

Don't worry about being newbs and not knowing everything.  We all started somewhere.  Ask questions and you'll be the ones giving advice in no time.  

Thanks!  I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions so...get ready :)

Congrats! Post pics or it never happened. :)

Working on that! :)

We'll actually be pulling in on the 10th, so we'll likely miss you.  Maybe we'll be able to connect another time.  I really need to get my Fiends sign! :)

I imagine on the 10th I will be running around like crazy trying to get everthing finished up before travel so you are probabaly correct.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to order one of those fancy purple signs. :)

Completely thrilled, but also freaking out a little bit as while this man was explaining about the camper (how to do this and that) we came face-to-face with the full realization that we know NOTHING about how to set up, take down or maintain a camper.  Zero.  Nada.  Zip.  Yep... we're going into this blind (as I'm guessing several have).  So, come May if any of you fiends see a family with a Hybrid completely lost at 1) trying to back the thing into the spot and 2) trying to set it up....that would probably be us :)

Now... on to finding a tow vehicle....

I have a site that I've been working on that is supposed to help folks figure out the "art" (or is it a mix of "magic" and "luck") of RVing. See if this helps you:

http://www.learntorv.com/

Good luck!

I think I had a small heart attack when I saw my spot and had to back in.  We had pushed through and it was dark when we got there.  That was the opposite of fun =)

When we went down to Orlando for Christmas 2012, we knew that we would be arriving after dark. We decided ahead of time to hole up in a hotel for the night before and parked the camper in their parking lot. It was a whole lot less stressful to get to our site at 11am than 8pm. :D