Epcot question for the experts....

My wife has surprised me with a trip to WDW at the end of March (27-30). We will arrive on Thursday and leave on Sunday. We are wanting to go to Epcot for the Flower/Garden show on Friday, but the main crowd calendars show that Saturday is better day. I would of thought a weekday would be better than a weekend with this show going on. Are my instincts correct, or should we take the advice and go Saturday? 

Most of those crowd calendars advise to stay away from a park if there are Extra Magic Hours there on a given day.  The Disney calendar shows evening EMH's at Epcot on Friday the 28th.

You are hitting WDW at a prime Spring Break time.  Both days are going to be crowded.  I'm not sure if you'll even be able to tell the difference.

TCD

Very cool!!

Now that Flower & Garden has become "Food & Wine - Spring Edition," I would expect Friday and Saturday nights to be pretty busy.  TCD's point about the crowd calendar and EMH is a good one.  If Epcot is open late Friday, expect it to get busier and busier as the day/night goes on.

If you get there early enough Thursday, I'd go then.

Otherwise I'd shoot for earlier in the day on Saturday.

Have a terrific time!

I should also add that I was there during that week last year and never had to wait more than 5-6 people to get food, but I'm pretty sure that was a week night. I don't think a lot of guests even noticed the food booths. Weird.

Start on the Mexico of the World Showcase, don't miss the shrimp and grits, and ENJOY!

If it is just between Friday and Saturday, I'd go early on friday.  It will get more crowded in the evening as people get off of work, but Saturday will be more crowded all day.  As suggested above, if you can get in at a reasonable time on Thursday, go for it.  There won't be a Flower Power concert though. That weekend is the Lovin Spoonful.  They were terrific the last time they were here.  The concerts will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.

Click here for the concert lineup

I agree with what Djsamuel said.  If it's down to Friday or Saturday, I'd pick Friday.  Added bonus on Friday is that the park will be open until 11 pm.  EMH at Epcot isn't great ride-wise, but you could still stroll around World Showcase and partake in the food booths or have a drink or two.  The crowds should be gone by the end of the night.  If you really want to ride Soarin' or Test Track, you could hop in line right before 11, and you won't have a long wait then.

TCD

My experience may not be typical, but another advantage i had during EMH at Epcot was that the line at the character meet and greet was almost non-existent.  What better way to end an evening at a WDW park than with a good night hug from Mickey?

If it is just between Friday and Saturday, I'd go early on friday. 

I agree with what Djsamuel said.  If it's down to Friday or Saturday, I'd pick Friday. 

PoorGABoy says that the crowd level calendars he read are saying that Friday will be busier than Saturday.

Are those crowd level calendars right or are you two experts right?

PoorGABoy will have to choose.

PoorGABoy says that the crowd level calendars he read are saying that Friday will be busier than Saturday.

Are those crowd level calendars right or are you two experts right?

PoorGABoy will have to choose.

Not really.

I'm predicting that both days will be busy.

As I said in my earlier post, I doubt there will be a perceivable difference.  So, I'd go with Friday, and try to take some small advantage of the extended hours.

And, since you hold yourself out as a bit of a know-it-all, do you have anything helpful to add?

TCD

I don't know what they are basing the crowd calendars on, perhaps normal schedules.  The festival would really crowd the weekends more than normal since a lot of local people go to the festival (myself included) and I feel that isn't really being taken into account on the crowd calendar.  I agree with TriCircleD, both days will be crowded. 

I don't know what they are basing the crowd calendars on, perhaps normal schedules.  The festival would really crowd the weekends more than normal.

I never consult the crowd calendars.  There's no magic to them.  They rate parks that have EMH or some kind of special event as parks to avoid.  Otherwise, I don't see how they're helpful or anything more than a guess.

TCD

I never consult the crowd calendars.  There's no magic to them.  They rate parks that have EMH or some kind of special event as parks to avoid.  Otherwise, I don't see how they're helpful or anything more than a guess.

TCD

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks they're of little value.

No matter how crowded a park gets, you can always find a bench and watch all the funny people go by. My wife loves my comments.