When we had a trailer, we insured with with Progressive because that's who our auto policies are with. Now we use a special RV one, but I can't think of the name. That's bad. LOL. It was cheaper for our Class C and had better coverage. With the trailer, it was about the same. 

I would recommend Good Sam for towing.  The issue with AAA is not all states offer AAA RV+. Even if your state does, if you break down in an area that does not offer the RV+ portion, you are SOL.

We found that carrying Good Sam for towing, and then a single AAA for the hotel and other discounts was less than AAA RV+

I would recommend Good Sam for towing.  The issue with AAA is not all states offer AAA RV+. Even if your state does, if you break down in an area that does not offer the RV+ portion, you are SOL.

We found that carrying Good Sam for towing, and then a single AAA for the hotel and other discounts was less than AAA RV+

X2

We use Gilbert RV Insurance... They are an insurance broker, and only broker insurance specifically for RV's. We used to use State Farm to cover our RV's, but switched after speaking to one of our friends who works for State Farm. She said its better to go with someone who specializes in RV coverage.

We have full replacement coverage, with diminishing deductables... every year we go without a claim, the deductable decreases $100 per year... So far so good.

Our motorists insurance on the cars covers the camper,and we have a rider on the homeowners (alos from motorists) in case of damage while parked at the farm. 

AAA road service has been great for things like flat tires etc. but no help in getting camper towed so far in three instances over the past few years.  Time to look in to Good Sam, I guess. 

Any recommendations on a carrier?  Waiting for our insurance (home/car) company to call me back but... want to be prepared in case they don't cover RVs.

State Farm gets all of our money for insurance...house, car, toys, etc.

Thanks.

What about AAA or such for towing and other roadside issues?

We have AAA +RV because it was given to us as a gift and have never had to use it *knocking on wood*. We also received 1 free year of Coachnet when we purchased our new camper in November.