Hey guys... just wondering if it's a no-no to put a hybrid travel trailer on a partial site. Ours isn't much bigger than some of the 12' box tent trailers... 18' closed tongue to tail. About 21' or so with 3 bunks. I'm not totally sold on trying to do this but wifey and I both liked the 1500 loop last time we were there. The 2000 loop is a no-go for us though. Unfortunately we had to move halfway through our stay because a group was monopolizing the 1500 loop partway through. The first few days we were there we pretty much had the whole loop to ourselves. We weren't crazy about 2000 so I'd be a little nervous we'd get stuck over there.

There is a bunch of us getting together at DeSoto state park, the weekend of March 14 - 17th. You ought to join us!!

Thanks for the invite... I think my wife got an invite from somebody and we've been mulling it over. We have another camp the first weekend of March at Cloudland Canyon for our daughter's joint b-day party, so we're not sure we'd be ready to roll out again so soon after a camp. It'd be different probably if we hadn't just filled three teeth (and about to do a fourth) and bought a set of tires for our tow vehicle! February has been pricey. We may just throw down and go anyway. ;)

Thanks for the invite... I think my wife got an invite from somebody and we've been mulling it over. We have another camp the first weekend of March at Cloudland Canyon for our daughter's joint b-day party, so we're not sure we'd be ready to roll out again so soon after a camp. It'd be different probably if we hadn't just filled three teeth (and about to do a fourth) and bought a set of tires for our tow vehicle! February has been pricey. We may just throw down and go anyway. ;)

That was me who sent the PM. Guessing your wife is Jenremely (hope I spelled that right). I really hope you all can join us. I'm your neighbor on the other side of HWY 72.

We weren't crazy about 2000 so I'd be a little nervous we'd get stuck over there.

There are 21 sites on the 1500 loop.

There are 69 sites on the 2000 loop.

Everyone with a partial hook-up reservation who knows about loop requests (thanks to us) more than likely will request the 1500 loop.  Plus, the Fort management, in its infinite wisdom, has begun placing groups on the 1500 loop.

The odds are not in your favor.

The only way to guarantee you won't be on the 2000 loop is to reserve a higher level campsite.

TCD

There are 21 sites on the 1500 loop.

There are 69 sites on the 2000 loop.

Everyone with a partial hook-up reservation who knows about loop requests (thanks to us) more than likely will request the 1500 loop.  Plus, the Fort management, in its infinite wisdom, has begun placing groups on the 1500 loop.

The odds are not in your favor.

The only way to guarantee you won't be on the 2000 loop is to reserve a higher level campsite.

TCD

Understood. Okay, riddle me this then. Can you hedge your bets by making a reservation for a full hookup or better site and downgrade to the partial upon arrival if a suitable spot is available (and pocket the difference)?

Understood. Okay, riddle me this then. Can you hedge your bets by making a reservation for a full hookup or better site and downgrade to the partial upon arrival if a suitable spot is available (and pocket the difference)?

This could work in theory.  Bring a big bucket of patience with you.  And, you will not make the people behind you in the check-in lane very happy.  It is an excruciating process to ask a CM to check for a new site at check-in.  You would think that they could pull up the needed information with a couple of taps on their computer.  But, that is not how it works.  They have to pick up their 1970's era phone, and call someone in some mysterious place and ask on your behalf.  Not fun for anyone involved- not you, not the CM, and certainly not the people stranded behind you.  The courteous thing to do would be to park and go inside and ask there.  It will take just as long, maybe longer, but you won't be clogging up a check-in lane.

TCD