The Fort over Labor Day Weekend?

We are currently considering which week to take a trip to the Fort.  We are small business owners and our time is limited.  We cannot go at all during the first 5 months of the year.  September is historically our "slowest" month, so it would be the best time to go.  Since we give our employees 2 days (a 4 day weekend) for Labor Day, it makes sense for us to go then.  We could have a nice long 7-10 day trip while being away from work for only a minimal amount of time.

I know it will be hot.  We live in MS so no big deal for us.  It's also the height of Hurricane Season, but we have to deal with that at home, too.

Just curious about your experiences during that week.

I've been Labor Day weekend a few times. It is generally hot, but it is a good time to go.  On Labor Day Monday, there will be a mass exodus out of the Fort, and you will have the place to yourself the rest of the week.

Our Labor Day weekends, have generally been Fort only though. Spending the weekend with other Fiends having a big potluck and watching the first college football of the season on the big blowup screen :)

I have been the week before Labor Day and the week of Labor Day. The weekend before Labor Day is fairly slow, but starting about Wednesday, check ins pick up until Friday when it maxes out. As previously stated,, there is a mass exodus Monday and Tuesday, then the week becomes quiet again.

Thanks! We'll probably arrive on Friday before LD.  I'm hoping to stretch it out until the next weekend so we can enjoy some uncrowded days!  We have been to WDW many, many times, but this will be the first time at the Fort and the first time in September.  We usually go in May, but it has become more and more crowded the last few years, so we want to try a relatively "uncrowded" time period.

I like Labor Day at WDW because most of you tourists, except you I guess, are leaving town and getting out of my sight for a few months, and that's a good thing. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Fewer snotty nose brats and geezers who all of a sudden can't walk and need a scooter, will be annoying me on the bus.

I won't have to deal with as many nitwits cutting me off from around the country, especially Canada, NJ, and MS.

So my advice is not to come in Sept., as you'll be interfering with my quiet time.

Fewer snotty nose brats and geezers who all of a sudden can't walk and need a scooter, will be annoying me on the bus.

Lou, I apologize in advance.  Based on my last two trips, I shortly will be one of those geezers who can't walk and need a scooter.  I'm sorry I will be annoying you!

... geezers who ...will be annoying me on the bus.

You know what they say - birds of a feather.

Lou, I apologize in advance.  Based on my last two trips, I shortly will be one of those geezers who can't walk and need a scooter.  I'm sorry I will be annoying you!

Gwen, mount a battering ram on the front and practice gunning it.  I also recommend a giant basket that is twice as wide as the scooter and a really, really annoying horn.  8)

I think you misunderstood Lou. He said HE might not be working there.

No she didn't misunderstand me. I might last another year or another month, I don't know. As it is, I've cut my days way back.

Gwen, mount a battering ram on the front and practice gunning it.  I also recommend a giant basket that is twice as wide as the scooter and a really, really annoying horn.  8)

That should do it.

Maybe when Lou retires (again), they could put him on as manager at the Fort. Then he could put up with all us old geezers with complaints about the family who just comes in once every couple of years to enjoy the place and make our lives miserable.  Kids all over the place.  Unapproved fire pits.  Two CARS???!!!   And maybe he would reopen the Mound near the Outpost so we can off-load our GC's.

Lou she said they need "happy" drivers that's were she misunderstood. Lol

Oh, I thought you were referring to the quitting part.

I think what Diane means by happy driver, is one that entertains guests while driving the bus. Disney feels that it's distracted driving, so they have specific rules to prevent it. Some veteran and new drivers do it anyway, but if anything happens while they are, because Disney is recording all drivers actions, they'll use against them.

I do it by the book. I strive to be pleasant, courteous, helpful, and professional. I don't tell jokes, do trivia, talk to guests, or sing happy birthday while the bus is in motion.

Maybe when Lou retires (again), they could put him on as manager at the Fort.

Never in a million years would I want to be a manager at WDW.

We kid, but I'm serious when I say that the majority, not all, are clueless when it comes to managing correctly.

Am I too far off base by suggesting that the lower level managers are afraid of the powers above them?  Scared of making a move that might be viewed as a mistake by the "powers"?   Or that might not make as much money for WDW as they might have?

Am I too far off base by suggesting that the lower level managers are afraid of the powers above them?  Scared of making a move that might be viewed as a mistake by the "powers"?   Or that might not make as much money for WDW as they might have?

I don't think they're afraid of the managers above them. I also don't think it's about money. It's probably just the system that's in place.

It might also be that because there are so many managers, each one's authority is so diluted that it's ineffective.

In buses, each bus hub has at least 3 managers and all I ever see them doing is standing around or harassing the drivers.

I'm sorry I apologized.

You're apologizing for the apology.

Rule #367 on page 689, sub section 34, paragraph 5, in the official "Fiend Book of Bylaws". Never, never, never, ever, apologize for anything. Just call the person either a schmuck face, a knucklehead, or both, and quickly post something completely off topic to distract them.

You're apologizing for the apology.

Rule #367 on page 689, sub section 34, paragraph 5, in the official "Fiend Book of Bylaws". Never, never, never, ever, apologize for anything. Just call the person either a schmuck face, a knucklehead, or both, and quickly post something completely off topic to distract them.

Okay, you're a schmuck face and a knucklehead.  But I still love you.