AP holders now being mailed Magic bands

Just in case someone didn't know, I got on MDE last night for things for our upcoming trip and saw we had magic bands to customize for our AP. We never got an email they were available. If you are a AP holder and want more magic bands for your collection log on to your MDE and they should be there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool. But two boxes arrived at the TCD household on Saturday (I removed the girl's names to protect them from stalkers). We also got the ID cards, but ours are gold: I added the "AP" to the end

Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked we have six magic bands available to customize.

But the funny thing is that there is only three of us.

It says we have 3 available now.

And three available for up coming may trip.

We already have 3. What are we going to do with 6 more?

Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked we have six magic bands available to customize.

But the funny thing is that there is only three of us.

It says we have 3 available now.

And three available for up coming may trip.

We already have 3. What are we going to do with 6 more?

Keep them separate.

The ones linked to a resort stay are the only ones that will work for that resort stay. If you take the wrong ones, you could find more problems than you want.

I actually just posted an update to the MyMagic+ thread that the FP+ booking window for Passholders has been shortened from 60 days out to 30.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10332-mymagicfastpass-how-it-works-attractions-and-experiences/page-24

The update from about a week ago was that Passholders were supposed to start seeing MBs showing up any time now and that they would start shipping mid-late March.

I just ordered the TCD gang's passholder Magic Bands.  That will make four MB's for each of us.  For whatever reason, the twins' old ones were working independently of the new ones we received for our latest trip.  They could make additional FP+ reservations with those old MB's at the FP+ kiosks.  That is, they were able to hold six FP+'s each day.  I'm sure that is some kind of glitch.  But it worked this past trip.

TCD

Keep them separate.

The ones linked to a resort stay are the only ones that will work for that resort stay. If you take the wrong ones, you could find more problems than you want.

Thanks.

Can you help me out I'm a bit confused.

The bands we have from our last trip which are linked to our AP. will they work?

We are stating at the Wyndham bonnet creek for a week and then staying at AKV for a week.

Will I have to order all 6 bands and link them to MDE?

Thanks.

The bands we have from our last trip which are linked to our AP. will they work?

We are stating at the Wyndham bonnet creek for a week and then staying at AKV for a week.

I was just told that any and all bands will be linked with everything in a "cloud."  So according to the Disney office, whatever you have will work as long as you have them on your "My Disney experience." 

If you go on the MDE site from you computer, and click on your profile, it will show you which of your magic bands are active.  I have three active magic bands now.  I can use any of them as my pass or to redeem FP+ reservations.  They are all identical to the readers at the parks.

Now here's what I don't know and haven't figured out- If you are going to an EMH at night- do you need your MB's from that trip?  They scan the MB's at the ride entrances.  We went to an EMH at the MK last Sunday night.  The twins were using their MB"s from this trip, and they were scanned and worked fine for EMH.  I had an old one from my December trip. It worked to let me in to all the parks and for my FP+ returns, even though a new one was issued for this trip.  I meant to try the old one at a ride entrance for EMH, but they only scan one MB per party at the ride entrances, and I forgot to.

TCD

Thanks.

For now, during testing, any bands you have linked to MDE will work for park entry and FP+ if you have tickets linked too, and any band will fork for photopass with or without park tickets.

For resorts, the band associated to the resort reservation is the one you need to use for that stay. No other steps need to be done, but using a different MB other than the one for that particular reservation can cause more headache than help. After testing, this should be fixed. They will tell you any band will work, but it has been known to cause problems so Id stick with the rule I have mentioned. Older bands have been known to be deactivated in the system even though they still show active on MDE.

On a side note for AP holders, the MBs are not a lifetime product. They do wear out with time and use. This is also part of the testing. The more use a MB gets, the quicker it wears out. So keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Orlando Attractions Magazine posted this to Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine

Cool.

But two boxes arrived at the TCD household on Saturday (I removed the girl's names to protect them from stalkers). We also got the ID cards, but ours are gold:

3094f581-9cef-45c2-92e7-9a77d49f0b1c_zps

magicbands_zps28201994.jpg

I added the "AP" to the end of our names so we can distinguish these bands from all of the other ones we already have.

TCD

I went back to check on our AP MBs and the site told me our MBs have been customized and were ready to ship at our request. I clicked the request button.  I have never had to  go back and request for them to be shipped before must have done something wonky when I customized them. So if you have customized your bands and its been more than a couple of weeks go back in to your MDE account and check the status of your MBs they may just be there waiting for you to request them a second time.  1 Billions dollars really .... I guess a Billion don't buy what it used to. 

You mean their names are not Twin #1 and Twin #2

Cool.

But two boxes arrived at the TCD household on Saturday (I removed the girl's names to protect them from stalkers). We also got the ID cards, but ours are gold:

3094f581-9cef-45c2-92e7-9a77d49f0b1c_zps

magicbands_zps28201994.jpg

I added the "AP" to the end of our names so we can distinguish these bands from all of the other ones we already have.

TCD

Lol.

I ordered ours last night and I did the same thing. We will have to use both on our next trip since we will be a week at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and a week at AKV.

We got gold cards too. Were they supposed to be black or are the black ones for the upgraded AP?

As I understand it, the black cards are for Florida Resident Season Passes.  They don't include free parking at the parks and have block-out dates.  The gold cards are for regular season passes, which include parking and are good every day.

I guess you need to show your card to get the parking and discounts- they couldn't figure out how to load this on to the Magic Bands?  I guess that would have cost another half billion?

TCD

As I understand it, the black cards are for Florida Resident Season Passes.  They don't include free parking at the parks and have block-out dates.  The gold cards are for regular season passes, which include parking and are good every day.

I guess you need to show your card to get the parking and discounts- they couldn't figure out how to load this on to the Magic Bands?  I guess that would have cost another half billion?

TCD

Logistically speaking, having the parking entitlement added to the band is a horrible idea. Think about how long it would take to scan each band and figure if they get free parking or not. The lines would be horrendous. With the cards, just flash your card at the toll plaza and youre in. Don't even have to fully stop.

The discounts are being worked now. They thought they had them but during testing found problems so had to readdress the process. They could have waited to release the AP MBs for the discounts, but the AP community cried too much so Disney went ahead with AP testing to keep them happy.

When finally working, the discount will automatically be applied when paying using your MB. No need to show anything. But until they get it working properly, the cards allow AP holders to get their discount still.

Do the cards have your name on them.  They have been double checking IDs at the toll booths lately to make sure the pass-holder was in the car.  If they keep doing the checks I don't see how the new cards will be any faster..

Cool.But two boxes arrived at the TCD household on Saturday (I removed the girl's names to protect them from stalkers). We also got the ID cards, but ours are gold:3094f581-9cef-45c2-92e7-9a77d49f0b1c_zpsmagicbands_zps28201994.jpgI added the "AP" to the end of our names so we can distinguish these bands from all of the other ones we already have.TCD

Damn, wish I thought of that before I ordered them. Do you think they will issue new bands when you renew?