• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! I said the same thing as Lou again. Make it stop!

Very impressive.    NOW how do you two feel?? 

You are forgetting the double Dumbos.  Are you not appreciative??  There used to be just one set of Dumbos.  And now there are two sets....double Dumbos.  I would think you'd  be happy with that.  Jum

http://youtu.be/LRMS6rfiW24

Diagon Alley puppet show, The Tale of the Three Brothers

The new stage show takes place within Carkitt Market, a covered, outdoor shopping area in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley. The show features a troupe of four from the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts who have set up to perform a trunk show using stylized scenic pieces, props and puppetry. "The Tale of the Three Brothers" -- featured in the seventh film "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1" -- in which three wizard brothers come face to face with Death."

At this rate of creativity and expansion, Disney should be watching them. I'm hearing of more and more families making trips there, and not as a side trip while seeing Disney. 

Although I'd like that to be true, WDW has nothing to worry about.

Even though the WWOHP has been a huge hit and will be even more popular with attendance skyrocketing, the total attendance numbers show that it's still WDW by a 4 to 1 margin. It might get down to 3-1/2 to 1, but Universal Orlando will never get close.

When the Smurfs on Steroids land opens, that will bring the numbers up again.

The vast majority of people have come to Central Florida because of WDW and then might do other parks. Now, Universal Orlando will be a must do, but WDW will continue to be the big cheese, just not as big.

This video shows how the "Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts" ride cars move...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmCJ9Ygykms&feature=share&list=PL046205D3D2BFC135&index=92

According to the description "...all riders are given 3D glasses to wear and the ride stops at various points along the ride"

Whoa!

Although I'd like that to be true, WDW has nothing to worry about.

Even though the WWOHP has been a huge hit and will be even more popular with attendance skyrocketing, the total attendance numbers show that it's still WDW by a 4 to 1 margin. It might get down to 3-1/2 to 1, but Universal Orlando will never get close.

When the Smurfs on Steroids land opens, that will bring the numbers up again.

The vast majority of people have come to Central Florida because of WDW and then might do other parks. Now, Universal Orlando will be a must do, but WDW will continue to be the big cheese, just not as big.

I used to think that, but I can see Universal chipping away little by little as they expand. 

Good idea - even just the first one might do. That should give you plenty of background, as just about everything you'll see at Universal was in the first book/movie.

I agree. The first Harry Potter movie introduces you to the basic characters (good and bad) who follow Harry through all of the movies and it might just draw you in to read the books or watch the rest of the movies.

When we lived in Florida, we held season passes to Universal Studios.  My girls LOVE this park and it is well suited for teens.  We left while they were building the first WWoHP.  My youngest daughter is a HUGE Potter fan.  She led me to read the books and I have to say that I was hooked from the beginning.  It is a fantastic story and it only gets better as you move through the series.  

Instead of choosing a park to go to, we now have to divide our time between Universal and Disney.  This is extremely costly.  When we go in December, the youngest and I will arrive in Orlando earlier than everyone else, just so that she could experience the new Diagon Alley.  There is no way that I could afford all 6 of us.  For the 2 of us, 3 nights on site is $1100.  The package price for their new hotel is cheaper, however; you lose out on the unlimited express pass.  That pass is invaluable!  I we cannot wait!!!

Here's a cool article from InsideTheMagic that shows the transformation from the Jaws attraction area of the park, to the new Diagon Alley, and some hidden tributes to the Jaws attraction in the new area...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/06/from-jaws-to-diagon-alley-tributes-to-the-classic-universal-orlando-ride-hide-in-new-harry-potter-land/

Gotta remember to record this.

From Chip and Company...

This NBC primetime special will air on July 8th, coinciding with the opening of Diagon Alley. Meredith Vieira will host Harry Potter: The Making of Diagon Alley. The show will give you  a behind-the-scenes peek at all of the hardwork that went into  the construction of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.

Harry Potter: The Making of Diagon Alley shows you the incredible 4 year journey of the making of this iconic park and ending with the unveiling.  Meredith Vieira shares the details of the incredible technology involved in making Diagon Alley. You get to see the park from planning and development all the way through to the finished product. Viewers will also get to see interviews with the cast and the creative team that brought these books to life.

http://www.chipandco.com/meredith-vieira-host-harry-potter-making-diagon-alley-193459/

Excerpted from Inside the Magic...

Today Universal Orlando guests who booked special vacation packages will get their first chance to visit Diagon Alley. It will be the first opportunity for paying Universal guests to enter the new area, as all previous previews have been for press, VIPs, executives, and employees.

Vacation package holders have been given 2-hour windows in which they may enjoy all that Diagon Alley has to offer, little by little over the next few days. Those who haven’t booked these packages have been patiently waiting outside the barricades, hoping Universal will hold a soft opening for the area. It hasn’t happened yet and it may not at all before the official opening date of July 8.

Yep, that's right Lou.  There are people literally just standing around all day at UO, hoping that they'll get in for a soft opening.  I know... whackadoodles, right?!  8)

Here's the full article, including 360 panorama of the area...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/06/diagon-alley-360-interactive-panoramic-views-of-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-expansion-at-universal-orlando/