I confess I had no idea what a "Cronut" was until finding this article from the Disney Food Blog...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/07/review-cronut-a-la-mode-in-disney-worlds-epcot/

Review: Cronut a la Mode in Disney World’s Epcot
Apr 7th, 2014 by AJ.

Last December, we were thrilled to report that Epcot had jumped on the cronut wagon!

Epcot’s Refreshment Port (if you’re walking from Canada, you’ll find the Port immediately before the paths that take you into Future World) quietly introduced them with this unassuming sign listing “Croissant Doughnut.”

Cronut-Menu-Sign-600x380.jpg

Cronut Menu Sign

Of course, “Croissant Doughnuts” is quite an apt description for these fried pastries formed out of rings of croissant dough (plus, as I mentioned in the previous post, the name “cronut” is trademarked — so legal stuffs and whatever).

We tried ‘em. We loved ‘em. But guess what!!

Not only are the cronuts still in full swing at the Refreshment Port… you can now get them A LA MODE.

You need to approach the counter to see this option: it’s on a small sign near the registers, so you can’t find it on the regular display… at least, not yet.

Cronut-a-la-Mode-550x625.jpg

Cronut a la Mode

Something to note: the regular Croissant Doughnut is $4.49 and can also be purchased using a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan. The Croissant Doughnut a la Mode, however, cannot be purchased using a snack credit, and the price is $5.79 (as noted in the photo).

Has anyone tried these?

I confess I had no idea what a "Cronut" was until finding this article from the Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/07/review-cronut-a-la-mode-in-disney-worlds-epcot/

Has anyone tried these?

Get with the times, Mo.

The TCD twins headed to Epcot pronto when they caught wind of these.  I believe that was on our NYE trip.

They liked them. 

I still haven't tried one.

TCD

I live in the home of Krispy Kreme.  Even though it's not like a cake doughnut (i.e., Dunkin Donuts), it's not a Krispy Kreme!  Nothing beats them.

We always hit Krispy Kreme on the way to Disney. There's one two exits south of us, so it's on the way. If you get them when they're hot, they just melt in your mouth. I'm willing to give this cronut a try, though. Especially with ice cream. Yummers.

• 2 weeks later...