I know.  My post was far from realistic.  The way things have gone lately, there is no hope of them adding anything close to even one major attraction in Epcot.  I guess that they make enough money on the Food and Wine Festival and to a lesser extent the Flower and Garden Festival to keep the beancounters happy.

It's pretty clear that from now until 2017, all that WDW has to look forward to is Avatarland.

I'm sure sometime before that opens, there will be a new attraction or two announced, with open dates off in the future.

As long as fools keep paying to come in the parks, then there really isn't any reason for them to spend money on more attractions.

What I think they're missing is that even the fools will eventually tire of paying for what they're offering.

TCD

You go to the parks almost more than anyone else I know.  So who's the fool?  :rofl3:  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it would be great if they could build the originally planned Russian pavilion.  Then it could invade the Moroccan pavilion and annex the new lakeside restaurant. 

A better idea might be after-hours events at the MK marketed toward adults, where say after 10pm they have a special "After Hours EMH" where they have beer and wine vendors set up, have street perform

What Epcot needs is more attractions.  That billion and a half the idiots in charge spent on MDE could have paid for a couple.   TCD

You go to the parks almost more than anyone else I know.  So who's the fool?  :rofl3:  

True.

I still lay out the money for passes every year.

And I pay the high rates at the Fort.

I am a big part of the problem.

As long as there are enough fools like me, prices will continue to go up, and quality will continue to decline.

TCD

With now being AP holders, there is a part of me that misses staying a week at the fort without visiting a park. Now it seems if stay at the fort we have to go to the parks to get the most out of them. As other AP holders know, especially FL residents, you can't beat an AP if you plan to visit more than 4 times a year. We are going to the fort in June for a 4 day weekend and am only going to DHS on a sat for a star was weekend. I'm going to enjoy the peace of the fort the rest of the time.

As far as Epcot, as someone else said, future world needs to be revamped BAD. Innovations east and west or whatever they were called back in the day were cool when not even everybody had a Commodore 64 in their home yet and the technology at these pavilions were awesome. Now we walk right by them. I do know a lot of people who buy the "Epcot after 4 pass" just to dine in WS. I really like Epcot and have recently took a liking to DHS which I never cared for. I hope they do something cool with Epcot down the road

Animal kingdom in my opinion is a whole other ball game. This past January was our first time at AK. I just couldn't feel the Disney vibe at that park. The roadways are small in the park compared to the others, I wasn't overly thrilled with the ride selection and things like rakifi station is a total waste of a train ride. I think Busch gardens smokes it. For me, I hope Avatar land puts AK on the map.

Nice to see another take and someone reviewing another venue.

Looking at the Morocco venue, I have to say that for the amount of food and drink they got, $35 isn't all that terrible by WDW standards. And in general I like that you can get things that aren't on the regular menu.

I could definitely see making this a late late dinner option.

...As I said earlier, this event isn't going to be around for long.

It'll be interesting to see how long they're going to be willing to give this to catch on... or not.  Not sure how much/well they're promoting it - certainly not everyone that visits WDW does a ton of online research to even know this exists.

They might also have to offer a little something more or lower the price a bit to entice people.

That said, for giggles I tried to find an opening the Friday night that MK is open 24 hours and nothing comes up.  

It'll be interesting to see how long they're going to be willing to give this to catch on... or not.  Not sure how much/well they're promoting it - certainly not everyone that visits WDW does a ton of online research to even know this exists.

They might also have to offer a little something more or lower the price a bit to entice people.

That said, for giggles I tried to find an opening the Friday night that MK is open 24 hours and nothing comes up.  

Agreed.

It seems like the restaurants are all approaching this differently too.  The Mexico one actually sounds like it's interesting.  In Morocco, though, there's nothing extra.

I meant to comment on something the blogger said about the price.  According to him, the price for what his wife got at Morocco was the same as what it would have been had she ordered straight off the menu.  So, basically, they aren't charging guests extra for the privilege of sticking around.  On the other hand, they aren't offering any kind of deal to make the prices attractive.

I don't understand why Disney does things the way it does most of the time.

So, why are you checking for the night of the 24 hour event?  Is that some kind of hint?

TCD

Thanks for the link.

Did you catch the part about how that blogger was the only guest who signed up for that night?

As I said earlier, this event isn't going to be around for long.

TCD

Yep! It COULD actually be a cool experience if all were more like the La Cava experience and had more food. 

Agreed.

It seems like the restaurants are all approaching this differently too.  The Mexico one actually sounds like it's interesting.  In Morocco, though, there's nothing extra.

I meant to comment on something the blogger said about the price.  According to him, the price for what his wife got at Morocco was the same as what it would have been had she ordered straight off the menu.  So, basically, they aren't charging guests extra for the privilege of sticking around.  On the other hand, they aren't offering any kind of deal to make the prices attractive.

I don't understand why Disney does things the way it does most of the time.

Agreed across the boards.

Yep! It COULD actually be a cool experience if all were more like the La Cava experience and had more food. 

Definitely. 

...So, why are you checking for the night of the 24 hour event?  Is that some kind of hint?

Just dreaming out loud.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

A review has been posted on the Disney Food Blog for the Rose and Crown venue of the Epcot After Hours Wind Down...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/05/07/guest-review-after-hours-wind-down-at-rose-crown-pub-in-disney-worlds-epcot/

Some excerpts...

he food items were quite good. It was a three part sampler with the Pork and Apple Sausage Roll with House-made Piccalilli (same as at the Flower and Garden booth, but a notch better — probably because it was fresher and the Piccalilli wasn’t over-vinegared; you could still see color in the vegetables), Cotswolds Cheddar with honey and onion jam, and a Scotch Egg with mustard.

after-hours-event-food-at-rose-and-crown

Food Sampler

The beers were Bass, Harp, Guinness, and Strongbow.

after-hours-epcot-beer-flight-and-chair-

Imperial Sampler

• 1 month later...

We were just looking at this as something we might plan to do for our trip and November.  As of now, you can't book anything past September 14th on the Disney site.

I wonder if that means this is not going to continue to be offered?

I haven't heard any more about it past those first few reviews.

I am having an after hours wind down right now.

A little NASCAR, a little Levi Garrett, some Miller Lite, and fireworks literally exploding all around me.

God Bless America.

And it cost me next to nothing.

:)

Drinks around the World sounds really good right now though!

I say a Rope Drop Mo needs to check it out an report back.......sooner than later!

• 2 weeks later...

Well apparently the After Hours Wind Down is doing well enough that they've extended the dates.  From the Disney Food Blog...

The Epcot After Hours Wind Down event has been extended at all four of the original venues: La Cava del Tequila, Rose & Crown, Spice Road Table, and Tutto Gusto.

Originally slated to run through mid-September, bookings are now available through November 9thon Thursdays through Sundays (with the exception of Saturday, November 8, due to the Wine & Dine Half Marathon).

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/15/whats-new-around-disney-world-july-16th-2014/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...