Welcome to the United Kingdom....  In the US, we would have bulldozed the street  and had it recreated somewhere else where we charge $25.00 for the photo.  

She also got to Ireland ?   that is so awesome...   I have spent many days there.   It's like my alternate to Disney.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dragon was in a cold place and hungry. Everyone knows fat guys in ear muffs make the best eating. He's not controlling her. He's trying to get out before the gears grind him up and feed him to the

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.     Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo

I don't read TRs. And y'all need to stay off the buses!!!

Welcome to the United Kingdom....  In the US, we would have bulldozed the street  and had it recreated somewhere else where we charge $25.00 for the photo.  

She also got to Ireland ?   that is so awesome...   I have spent many days there.   It's like my alternate to Disney.

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.

TCD, that's a great picture.  They should post it on http://www.abbeyroadcrossing.com/

Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo is actually very good compared to what most people end up with.

She and her friends spent a couple of hours there.  She said it was better people watching than Disney.

Great picture.

Ireland?

She is living the dream.

Yes, Ireland.

The story:

She knew going in that she had a free weekend in the middle of the London part of the trip.  Another girl and her tried to get a group together to make a side trip to Ireland.  Nobody else thought it was a good idea.  Actually, it wasn't a good idea.  But that never stops us.  So she and the other girl went.  Mrs. TCD and I didn't know they were actually going to go until the night before-they planned the whole thing on their own.  All I know is that it involved a train ride, a ferry, and two nights in Ireland.  From the video she sent, it also involved a lot of Guinness and sunglasses and Advil in the morning.  And this:

cliff_zps573ff4ba.jpg

Twin #1 said it was totally worth it.  And that she wants to go back.

TCD

OK, totally amazing picture. Love the side trip! I know I've said it before, but Twin #1 reminds me a lot of myself. I once coordinated a weekend trip for a few teachers to Veracruz Beach, Mexico (not a tourist place) when our group had a free weekend. It involved a public bus and some other interesting experiences. It was totally worth it. And Ireland is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. And think how munch money she saved you by seeing another country while already in Europe! 

Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo is actually very good compared to what most people end up with.

I saw that they had a webcam but didn't check it out this morning.  Twin #1's photo is so much better than 99% of what I saw.  That's why I said she should post it.

Love the Ireland picture.

Disney ought to buy the rights to that road crossing, tear it up and place it in Epcot so us folk can get a picture without jumping across the pond.

Ireland side trip for the win.

If your kids haven't done so already, they better thank you and Mrs TCD for all you're giving them.

I pray my kids become mentally responsible enough and me financially responsible enough to do similar things.

OK, totally amazing picture. Love the side trip! I know I've said it before, but Twin #1 reminds me a lot of myself. I once coordinated a weekend trip for a few teachers to Veracruz Beach, Mexico (not a tourist place) when our group had a free weekend. It involved a public bus and some other interesting experiences. It was totally worth it. And Ireland is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. And think how munch money she saved you by seeing another country while already in Europe! 

Good for you.  I didn't have much interest in traveling when I was younger.  Now, I wish I had done it when I had less responsibilities.  I have a feeling that Twin #1 is already planning her next trip.

So jealous!

That is one of my top two bucket list trips.

That is a great picture and props to her for making it happen!

I have heard nothing but good things about Ireland.  Twin #1 was blown away.  It was much more beautiful than she expected.  And the people are great.

Wow - both those last two pics are awesome.  The Ireland pic, though, is absolutely breathtaking.  So great that she's having such an awesome trip!

I agree-that Ireland photo doesn't even look like it's a real place.

I saw that they had a webcam but didn't check it out this morning.  Twin #1's photo is so much better than 99% of what I saw.  That's why I said she should post it.

Love the Ireland picture.

In case anyone wants to see what we're talking about, here's a link to the Abbey Road Studios webcam.  They're 5 hours ahead of us over there, so it's getting to be night time now, but if you look during the day, you will see what kind of craziness goes on over there: http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

Twin #1 and her friends did an outstanding job getting that photo.  And, they had a blast doing it.

TCD

In case anyone wants to see what we're talking about, here's a link to the Abbey Road Studios webcam.  They're 5 hours ahead of us over there, so it's getting to be night time now, but if you look during the day, you will see what kind of craziness goes on over there: http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

Twin #1 and her friends did an outstanding job getting that photo.  And, they had a blast doing it.

TCD

WOW, that is crazy.  I'm surprised there's no accidents with those fools Brits driving on the wrong side of the road...

WOW, that is crazy.  I'm surprised there's no accidents with those fools Brits driving on the wrong side of the road...

I told Twin #1 that if I had been there, that photo would not have happened.

She reassured me by telling me that no one has ever been killed there (I am sure there must be a cover-up).

Seriously, I am surprised that the bobbies (or whatever their cops are called) don't chase these kids off.

TCD

I'm a bit behind on Twin #1's photos.  This one came in last week- apparently she's on a Ferris wheel (maybe at a carnival?).  I think I see that clock from Peter Pan there over her arm?  Did those brits copy this from Disney World or something?

londoneye_zpsc4d8ddde.jpg

TCD

I've been there!  That's "The Eye".  It's a very big permanent ferris wheel on The Thames River opposite Parliament.  The first time I rode it was "Lord Mayor's Day" and we made reservations specifically to ride it during the fireworks.  It was fantastic!

Right behind Parliament is Westminster Abbey.  A few blocks further is Buckingham Palace.  Down river to the right is The Tower of London.  Behind it is St Paul's Cathedral. You can see all of the major London sites from up there.

I've been there!  That's "The Eye".  It's a very big permanent ferris wheel on The Thames River opposite Parliament.  The first time I rode it was "Lord Mayor's Day" and we made reservations specifically to ride it during the fireworks.  It was fantastic!

Right behind Parliament is Westminster Abbey.  A few blocks further is Buckingham Palace.  Down river to the right is The Tower of London.  Behind it is St Paul's Cathedral. You can see all of the major London sites from up there.

Yes, that's exactly where she was- The Eye.  I was only joking about the carnival.  I saw The Eye plenty when we watched the Olympics on TV.

That must have been cool to be up there for fireworks!

Her photographers know about "the rule of thirds." I'm impressed. 

I'm sure that Twin #1 set up all of the photos that we've looked at. She was the photo editor for her high school yearbook last year, and has won many awards.  She's in the UF School of Journalism, and one of the classes she's taking over in Europe is related to photography.  We have always thought that she will end up in a career where she can put her creative abilities to use.

Look kids....Big Ben...Parliament......,

You are the best!

I'm going to need to get that movie and watch it with Twin #1 when she gets back.

TCD

OK- here's another photo from last week.  I believe this may have been a day that it was in the 90's here.  Twin #1 reported that it was raining and 40 degrees when she saw this pile of rocks in a field.  I am not sure what this is all about, but it's obviously the work of ancient aliens:

stonehenge_zps35d61016.jpg

TCD

I know this one too...   This is the preliminary work for the official Fort Fiends Mini Collosseum and play ground, at our top secret camprground that we're building for grand gatherings.....   Oops....   Maybe it is not so secret now ?

I know this one too...   This is the preliminary work for the official Fort Fiends Mini Collosseum and play ground, at our top secret camprground that we're building for grand gatherings.....   Oops....   Maybe it is not so secret now ?

:rofl2: