• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dragon was in a cold place and hungry. Everyone knows fat guys in ear muffs make the best eating. He's not controlling her. He's trying to get out before the gears grind him up and feed him to the

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.     Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo

I don't read TRs. And y'all need to stay off the buses!!!

That's too bad.  A dark opera house and a pair of noise canceling headphones make for an awesome nap. 

Noise cancelling headphones?

Is that really a thing?

There was a time I really could have used a pair of those.

But, the girls are all off at college now.

Never too many pictures, TCD!

That's what I say!

Bonus points for an eating dragon pilot. 

I wish.

Not this time.

But, I'll keep trying.

I like your name for the french building.

I would have guessed it was the Ministry for Wussification but your name will do.

You might be right.

I'm not an expert on Opera Houses and such.

Like DIT.

TCD

Noise cancelling headphones?

Is that really a thing?

There was a time I really could have used a pair of those.

But, the girls are all off at college now.

Yes, they are really a thing, really popular with frequent fliers, to drown out the airplane noise

I don't own a pair, cause the airplane noise doesn't bother me.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=34-180802956-2&perfsourceid=K22350&src=K22350

Twin #2 is a rule breaker! No photos allowed there. Or at least they weren't when we went.

Gulp!

I can't believe that a child of mine would break a rule.

We are big rule followers in the TCD gang.

Maybe they make an exception for selfies?

According to the respected journalism website Buzzfeed, the Eminem with Mona Lisa selfie is the 18th greatest selfie in the history of the universe: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-absolute-best-selfies-of-all-time

Can't argue with that authoritative source.

Yes, they are really a thing, really popular with frequent fliers, to drown out the airplane noise

I don't own a pair, cause the airplane noise doesn't bother me.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=34-180802956-2&perfsourceid=K22350&src=K22350

Actually, I have seen the ads for these.  I just wondered if they really work.

I went in 1999 and it was no flash photography. *i think*

As far as I can tell, the official rules now prohibit all photography.  But, it is well known that the rules are not enforced.

Kind of like only licensed drivers over the age of 16 can operate golf carts rule at the Fort.

TCD

If i went all the way to the land of rolling over like a wuss, I would disobey the rules and get a selfie too.

I say Twin#1 is well within the rules.

" land of rolling over like a wuss"

:rofl2:

That is awesome!!!!!

Agreed.

She loved it, too.  She has shared a bit about how different, yet strangely familiar, things were there.  Enough to convince me that I need to go.

Some day there will be many photos to share, but she is relying on free wi-fi to keep in touch, and hasn't had a chance to upload many photos.  Not to mention, that she's been going full speed since she arrived in Paris.

TCD

She loved it, too.  She has shared a bit about how different, yet strangely familiar, things were there.  Enough to convince me that I need to go.

Some day there will be many photos to share, but she is relying on free wi-fi to keep in touch, and hasn't had a chance to upload many photos.  Not to mention, that she's been going full speed since she arrived in Paris.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Caught up after being offline for a week(ish)

It appears we missed you at BOG by about 45 minutes on Sunday. That's some good grub in there.

So close!

Did you have a FP+, or did you wait in that line?

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I will share what I can.  We are just getting a photo or two a day, and other limited information.  Which is fine- I want her to use her time seeing and doing all that she can, not keeping us up to date.  So far, she's having a blast.  It's going fast though, tomorrow she will be there for a week already.

TCD

Back to the photos from the May 4th trip.

Looking into the old photo bucket, it looks like this update is going to be all FOF parade, and then there will only be a few photos left from that day trip.

There was no day trip this past weekend, so it looks like this TR is coming to an end.

But not quite yet.  So don't go anywhere.

The last update ended with our first glimpse of the mechanical dragon.

And we will begin this one right where we left off.  If you remember, I wanted a nice fire shot.  This one would have been great, but there was no fire forthcoming:

5414140_zpsf008e085.jpg

OK.  How about now?:

5414141_zpsc650f0f6.jpg

It was a no-go on the fire today.  I guess it was too windy.  Which stinks, because it wasn't all that windy.  The dragon breathing fire is the coolest thing in the whole parade.

So fail on the fire breathing dragon photo.

The other photo I wanted was of the dragon pilot.

Check:

5414142_zps7573a40a.jpg

Let's take a closer look:

girldragonpilot_zpsa5942ac3.jpg

Is that a girl?

I think it is.

A girl dragon pilot!

How progressive.

She still has those same stupid earmuffs.  But, I don't see her lunch bag.

So that's good.

I guess she is wearing some kind of costume:

5414143_zps4f7b6286.jpg

I still don't get it, though.

The modern earmuffs need to go.

I think this photo is kind of cool- it shows the dragon looking at the stilt walkers:

5414144_zps16449ec0.jpg

The big spinning wheel in the center of the dragon actually spins- which you can't tell from looking at this photo:

5414145_zpsbfd41180.jpg

One of my favorite performers in the parade is the guy in charge of the dragon's tail.  The guys who play this role always try to get the crowd to pay attention to them:

5414146_zpsc77db491.jpg

5414147_zps35418194.jpg

Dude, you're holding a dragon's tail, give it a rest, will you?

Here comes DIT's favorite part of the parade- look- it's all the dwarfs.  But wait- I only see six pairs of feet:

5414148_zpsb8c62b99.jpg

Ha! Those tricky dwarfs- one of them is hiding under Dopey's trenchcoat.  I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but it kind of gives off a creepy vibe to me:

5414149_zpsacbf2245.jpg

We got some good dwarf action for this parade.  Here we have Grumpy, Sleepy, Doc and Bashful.  And there's the Mad Hatter across the street.  Which is fine with me #annoying:

5414151_zps7325a6ea.jpg

I think this is Sleepy- and you can also see the white rabbit and the Mad Hatter again in this shot:

5414152_zps998fd47b.jpg

Here's a good shot of Grumpy:

5414153_zps7cbbd8b8.jpg

And Jiminy Cricket:

5414154_zps8438e82b.jpg

Here's something I never knew- the Mad Hatter can kick like a showgirl:

5414155_zpsb0dd8ace.jpg

I am not going to lie-there's something about this that makes me uncomfortable:

5414156_zpsf51abe02.jpg

For DIT:

5414157_zpsb0857651.jpg

The Pinocchio float was also spewing out the bubbles- which I also don't remember from prior parades:

5414158_zps52381d77.jpg

Could it be that they turn the bubble machines on when the dragon can't breath fire?

The 2nd half of the Pinocchio float:

5414159_zpscbd4f474.jpg

Donald and Daisy:

5414160_zpsa6941a16.jpg

A lot of Pegasusi and Gators:

5414161_zps727d95fe.jpg

5414163_zps00a1e9ea.jpg

5414164_zps24c9fd0d.jpg

Goofy and the chipmunks:

5414165_zpsbe050e03.jpg

Just the chipmunks:

5414166_zps5ded7589.jpg

The back of Chip's cape says Charming Chip.  The back of Dale's says Dazzling Dale:

5414167_zpsc928f906.jpg

A circus tent girl:

5414171_zps23dbfc27.jpg

The last float with the mice:

5414173_zps10506281.jpg

The last parade photo you'll have to look at in this report:

5414174_zps1d3673be.jpg

From here, we had to make our way over to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain.  We head there next.

TCD

Boo on the no fire breathing!

Agreed.

I guess it was for safety reasons.

Or maybe the lady dragon pilot didn't know where the fire button was?

More great parade photos!  I don't envy those performers having to be in the blazing summer sun in those costumes.

Thanks, Gwen.

You're right- those costumes do not seem to have been designed with Florida heat and humidity in mind.

All officially caught up and loving it! 

Glad you're caught up.

But, it looks like only a couple more updates and we're done.

I'm excited to see that parade. Weird about the bubbles. I don't see why they couldn't do bubbles and fire in the same parade. Maybe they're still working out the kinks. 

I looked through some old photos, and I saw bubbles from the Ariel float, just not as many.  None from the Pinocchio one though.

Maybe the breezes that caused the dragon not to breath fire were blowing the bubbles around more than I had seen in the past.

TCD

Agreed.

Thanks, Gwen.

You're right- those costumes do not seem to have been designed with Florida heat and humidity in mind.

Glad you're caught up.

But, it looks like only a couple more updates and we're done.

I looked through some old photos, and I saw bubbles from the Ariel float, just not as many. None from the Pinocchio one though.

Maybe the breezes that caused the dragon not to breath fire were blowing the bubbles around more than I had seen in the past.

TCD

Usually you have watched on Main St or near the hub or am I remembering wrong. If so maybe they are running out of bubble liquid by the time they get there?

Agreed.

I looked through some old photos, and I saw bubbles from the Ariel float, just not as many.  None from the Pinocchio one though.

TCD

Guess the dragon didn't have 'Ohana the night before.....