Second Fort Trip!: trip report

I'm in!  Hope the weather cleared up for you and you didn't get sick again.  That salad at CHH looks terrific.

Still rainy here! I think it's gonna start to clear up by tomorrow morning. That salad is very good. I got it the last time we were there, and Kenneth had tried some. This time, we both just had to have one!

Sorry to hear you started off to a bumpy start but it sounds like you are settling in and having some fun. I love that picture of the dogs at Best Friends with Dakota just chillin in the corner, so cute! Disney trips are even exhausting for them!

We love Kona Cafe, we always have a good meal there. Any updates on how the construction is going there?

Have fun!

We are having a lot of fun now, rain or not! You know, we were in such a hurry to get to the boat that I didn't get any pictures of the construction. I think they had about six structures up, but they have to be finished out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are at Epcot now. Showered and then had oatmeal and coffee in the tent, before heading over. Oh, and I finally got my sign out!

6222DEC4-A26E-4A12-8EBA-0FB8C4456631.jpg

We rode the Nemo ride and Spaceship Earth and then browsed in the art shop. We are in France right now for a snack:

Lemon tart:

B7B3AD90-41EF-4658-BCC3-F45C8C6D5B64.jpg

Macaroon:

5304A0C4-EE91-486B-BAF0-544EA4DFE9A8.jpg

This guy is loving the weather!

378A7178-A4EA-4315-A4F2-24C97D9318FD.jpg

They were cleaning the manatee tanks this morning:

21BAD61A-C631-4BE4-A14F-0C7B37ACF0C4.jpg

Flowers and monorail!

5339BFFD-6666-42AB-9634-BC30A8556597.jpg

LOVE the shot of the monorail and flowers. The F&G Festival is so pretty!

I wish they'd keep flowers in the water year-round.

That lemon tart looks great!

I had a bite - it was pretty good. Like a small lemon meringue pie!

Went by Best Friends to play with Buzz and Dakota for a while. We wanted to bring them to the dog park at the Fort, but we knew it would be too wet. At Best Friends the dog park is mostly artificial grass, so the dogs don't get very dirty playing there. We think we might bring them to the Fort tomorrow to play. Now, we're back at the campsite eating and being lazy. Here are some pictures from our visit at Best Friends.

D4248B38-B297-4EBF-9B04-DFD47D3DBFC0.jpg

58FB3FB7-1DBE-4B9E-8929-8BC53524FE04.jpg

B665726A-1DB7-4924-87F3-2C9CBCDFAD27.jpg

AFD136AF-B218-4D8E-8FDA-D09383C27380.jpg

CBDD57B2-EC05-46C1-93BB-7593343DBE17.jpg

97668EB2-A686-4C4E-8E67-7CF40C9C6DB9.jpg

95F016E0-784A-4230-8416-491181667FCF.jpg

2F5E278B-EE09-48A1-9E36-6AE3DAE47170.jpg

FD198845-D7E9-459B-96C2-05C4A31CDA72.jpg

C4F9EE49-AF28-44A1-824D-36286ABCEFA8.jpg

Looks like your dogs are having a great time!

Was going to say this same thing....they sure are living it up on their vacation!! 

Looks like you are having a great time.

Love the pics of your dogs.

We're having a great time!

I think I want to stay at best friends lol

You should see the room they stayed in on their first trip. It was nice! It's gotten very pricey, though.

I'm begining to think the fur babies are getting the better of this trip........

Liking the lemon tart.

Oh, and yes, the Flowers and Monorail pic is top notch.

Jeff

I'm begining to think the fur babies are getting the better of this trip........

Liking the lemon tart.

Oh, and yes, the Flowers and Monorail pic is top notch.

Jeff

We try to make sure they have a good time while they're down here. The lemon tart was yummers!

I am in.

Enjoying your TR so far!

Thanks!

So tonight we were waiting for a Settlement bus, when a cast member pulled up on a golf cart. He asked where we were going and we told him the marina. He told us to get on and he'd give us a ride. He took us all the way to the sidewalk and there was a Magic Kingdom boat unloading. It was awesome! I wish we would have gotten his name.

We stayed in the Magic Kingdom until closing time. On the way out, we stopped at Casey's to get some corn dog nuggets (we wanted a snack to eat while we were walking out). The guy in front of us asked if we were paying cash. He told us he had dining plan meal credits that wouldn't be used and told us to go ahead and order a meal. So, we got an entire meal (with dessert) for free! He and his wife wouldn't accept any money from us. He said it was a good opportunity to teach his daughters about sharing. It was very much appreciated!

So tonight we were waiting for a Settlement bus, when a cast member pulled up on a golf cart. He asked where we were going and we told him the marina. He told us to get on and he'd give us a ride. He took us all the way to the sidewalk and there was a Magic Kingdom boat unloading. It was awesome! I wish we would have gotten his name. We stayed in the Magic Kingdom until closing time. On the way out, we stopped at Casey's to get some corn dog nuggets (we wanted a snack to eat while we were walking out). The guy in front of us asked if we were paying cash. He told us he had dining plan meal credits that wouldn't be used and told us to go ahead and order a meal. So, we got an entire meal (with dessert) for free! He and his wife wouldn't accept any money from us. He said it was a good opportunity to teach his daughters about sharing. It was very much appreciated!

That is a double dose of pixie dust.
Pixie dust!!! Very nice!

It was really cool!

That's great they paid it fwd to you with their dining credit!

I think we were both sort of in shock, because it wasn't a cheap meal! They insisted that the credits would just go to waste.

So tonight we were waiting for a Settlement bus, when a cast member pulled up on a golf cart. He asked where we were going and we told him the marina. He told us to get on and he'd give us a ride. He took us all the way to the sidewalk and there was a Magic Kingdom boat unloading. It was awesome! I wish we would have gotten his name. We stayed in the Magic Kingdom until closing time. On the way out, we stopped at Casey's to get some corn dog nuggets (we wanted a snack to eat while we were walking out). The guy in front of us asked if we were paying cash. He told us he had dining plan meal credits that wouldn't be used and told us to go ahead and order a meal. So, we got an entire meal (with dessert) for free! He and his wife wouldn't accept any money from us. He said it was a good opportunity to teach his daughters about sharing. It was very much appreciated!
That is a double dose of pixie dust.

For sure!

Wonderful evening!  

So...I have to ask.  Did you get a picture of the meal?   :rofl3:

Dang it! I totally forgot to take a picture! I think we were so hungry, we just tore into it! It was quite the hot dog, too! It was the barbecue slaw dog.....a hot dog piled high with pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and slaw. It had to be eaten with a fork.

Ah...  You've experienced the famous southern smothered hot dog.    We made them last year at the Gettysburg Grand gathering and they have become a staple in our home.   They are delicious...

The dogs seem to be having a great time.  Seeing them run around reminded me of my childhood.  My aunt had poodles and we used to run after them.  To this day, I have never found a breed that can be on a full out sprint and turn on a dime like a poodle can.   They were great times and thanks for firing up those great memories....

I'm loving this TR..