DW and I were talking at lunch today about our Christmas 2014 trip. We bought APs for the first time this last Christmas. They expire December 30, 2014. So we could potentially be without tickets for 4-5 days of our trip. I've read before that Disney offers discounts for renewing AP.

Do they? And if so how much?

Looks like the discount is about $100 on a regular AP.  A bit more for a Premium Annual Pass.

I found this info on the AP Renewal page on the Disney site.  Check out the bolded purple part for info on timing of your renewal...

Renewal Information

When you renew your Walt Disney World Annual Pass, you can keep the fun going all year long and enjoy exclusive events, Passholder discounts and all the magic of our Disney theme parks.

Renew Online

To renew online:
1. Create a Disney account if you don't already have one.
2. Link your passes to your Disney account.
3. Select a pass below to renew.

Renew in Person or by Phone

You can also renew at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or by calling (407) 560-PASS or (407) 560-7277. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

When to Renew

Passes can be renewed up to 60 days before or up to 30 days after your expiration date, and you receive a discount when you renew! But don't delay, because whether you renew by your expiration date or any time up to 30 days after, your renewal pass will still expire 12 months after your original expiration date.

See Florida Resident Pricing

PREMIUM ANNUAL PASS:
(Ages 3 & Older)

Regular Price $803.01

Renewal Price $680.54

You Save $122.47

ANNUAL PASS:
(Ages 3 & Older)

Regular Price $675.21

Renewal Price $574.04

You Save $101.17

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/renewal-information/

With the girls all at college now can I move in. At least on paper. I want the FL discounts. LOL. I will pay rent. 

It's not a bad idea.

What does Disney require to prove Florida residency?  A lease?  A utility bill?  I'll put my electric bill in your name if you'll pay it.  It gets pretty bad in the summer with the AC.

TCD

It's not a bad idea.

What does Disney require to prove Florida residency?  A lease?  A utility bill?  I'll put my electric bill in your name if you'll pay it.  It gets pretty bad in the summer with the AC.

TCD

Sure why not. I will just have a huge electric bill all year along instead of a cheaper one when the weather gets warmer. LOL

David and I have looked into establishing our residency in Florida.  It's not simple.  First, you have to prove that you live in the state over half the year.  Then you have to either own property in FL or be a verifiable renter.  You have to register all your vehicles in FL and have FL insurance on them.  And there are other issues.

The upside for us would be no state income tax (several thousand) and no $1,100+ motorhome tax.  In FL you pay a vehicle fee of less than $60 per year.  Even after the Homestead Exemption, property taxes are higher in FL.  Even after all that, huge savings for us.

Our downside is that my mother is still living and we because of that we have huge obligations here in NC.  Therefore we can't be in FL over six months each year.

David and I have looked into establishing our residency in Florida. It's not simple. First, you have to prove that you live in the state over half the year. Then you have to either own property in FL or be a verifiable renter. You have to register all your vehicles in FL and have FL insurance on them. And there are other issues.

The upside for us would be no state income tax (several thousand) and no $1,100+ motorhome tax. In FL you pay a vehicle fee of less than $60 per year. Even after the Homestead Exemption, property taxes are higher in FL. Even after all that, huge savings for us.

Our downside is that my mother is still living and we because of that we have huge obligations here in NC. Therefore we can't be in FL over six months each year.

I also looked into it and your right it's not easy to get the tax benefits but I don't think Disney is going to require you to jump thru all those hoops. Best I can tell is that you need a Florida drivers license. If we all chip in and by a small condo in Kissimmee we can get a drivers license and then a residence AP. Who's with me?

Florida Resident Prices...

Premium Annual Pass (ages 3+)

Purchase $644.33

Renewal $542.09

Save $102.24

Annual Pass (ages 3+)

Purchase $516.53

Renewal $435.59

Save $80.94

Seasonal Pass (ages 3+) - blockout dates apply

Purchase $339.74

Renewal $286.49