Lol. I thought that was a picture of me last time I tried to do a beer crawl around the world showcase.

That would be during F&W and if you look closely, you'll see he is holding both a commemorative beer stein AND another cup.  Judging by the look on his face and his proximity to the ground, I would venture a guess that other cup contained a Singapore Sling.  :rofl2:

Just kidding. The best restaraunt is Biergarten at Epcot.

I agree about Biergarten. We actually dinner there this past weekend. The grand baby loved the music.

True, although we've found that if we order a couple of appetizers or sides, we can split an entree and still be plenty full without breaking the bank.  That 28oz Porterhouse is gigantic... and delicious.  :)

This is our plan. We figure we can save a little by doing lunch and splitting something that way we can try different cuisines and not break the bank. :)

Actually for us, that is a PERFECT time to try a resort meal. You are at a park, so hop on transportation to whichever resort, have a relaxing lunch away from the parks, then transportation back to that park or another park.

Going to another resort from the Fort is a pain.

The better half doesn't ride very many rides. So we will spend most of our time at the Fort. All of our reservations are either at MK or Epcot and the Poly so except for Sanaa (and we have a FP to do A Bugs Life at 1030 and lunch @ 1230) so we will just hop the bus to the resort. Thank you all for your replies.

Favorite eatin places for FWG at the World.

Biergarten

Cosmic Rays for chicken. Dinner and a show for 10 bucks.

Biergarten

50's Prime Time

Biergarten

Flame Tree

Sommerfest if you can't get into Biergarten

Sanaa (yes, I do go to fancy eatin places sometimes)

Biergarten

Trails end

Biergarten

Roaring Fork

Biergarten

Kona Cafe

Biergarten

Stop reading on, and forget anything else anybody said. This is the only list you need.

Actually for us, that is a PERFECT time to try a resort meal. You are at a park, so hop on transportation to whichever resort, have a relaxing lunch away from the parks, then transportation back to that park or another park.

We do this a lot.  Trying to hit up a quick serve restaurant at a park at lunchtime usually is not a pleasant experience.  More than likely, you will stand in line to order, then stand at the counter to wait for your tray, then try to navigate through a crowded restaurant, trying to not let some ding-dong who isn't paying attention knock it out of your hand, and try to find a place to sit.  Not so fun. If you hop a bus to a resort, you are likely to find a much more relaxed atmosphere, and if you hit up one of the resorts with a food court, a lot more choices.  After lunch, transportation to your next destination is right outside the door.

TCD

I never thought of doing that. What a great break from the crowds.

Thanks you for the idea.

• 2 months later...

This last trip for me was all about resort hopping and visiting my DD. We enjoyed a Kona lunch one day and breakfast on another. (Love the food and press pot java there)

A new treat we enjoyed was the banana-chocolate Creme brûlée. Oooooo, it went soooo well with my java...

C725D684-A1B0-40B5-8F4A-1B33B1897DD7.jpg

This last trip for me was all about resort hopping and visiting my DD. We enjoyed a Kona lunch one day and breakfast on another. (Love the food and press pot java there)

A new treat we enjoyed was the banana-chocolate Creme brûlée. Oooooo, it went soooo well with my java...

I've tried a few creme brûlées on property, and this is absolutely my favorite!