For our Empty Nest vacation in June we have decided to try different restaurants at Walt Disney World. I have made reservations for each day except Friday. So far we will be dining at Kona, Be Our Guest, Trails End, Via Napoli, and Akershus Royal Banquet. Does anyone have a favorite place they enjoy? Our plan is to eat lunch except for the Be our Guest,(we have dinner reservations)  and then have dinner at the camper. We enjoy trying different foods and since it will be just the two of us we decided it would be doable to eat out more this trip. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well as food choices. 
I have looked in Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom lodge, any thoughts on it?

I have looked in Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom lodge, any thoughts on it?

I had the pleasure of dining with Lou and Gail at Sanaa last year.

The food is very different.  A lot like Indian food.  It's very good.  The restaurant is gorgeous, and you overlook one of the lodge's savannahs with zebra and such right outside the window.

I think this would be a great choice for a nice lunch.

TCD

We finally tried Sanaa last fall and loved it!  We're planning to go back again this fall.

I would definitely recommend the bread service with all the accompaniments.  If you like spicy, the Durban Shrimp is killer.

Check out this post for some pics and thoughts from our visit...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11485-we-ate-some-stuff/page-7#entry319371

Other restaurants we really enjoy for a really nice meal are Jiko, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Narcoosee's, Kona (particularly the sushi) and California Grill.

Just kidding. The best restaraunt is Biergarten at Epcot.

Yes the yachtmans is great but a bit in the expensive side. And there are a lot of good restaurants at Disney but the bang you get for your buck. Nothing beats the biergarten. The food, the bier, and the entertainment. It just can't be beat. And the prices at lunch can't be beat. You probably won't eat dinner that night.

I really Really REALLY need to find a way to convince DH to go there.

or...

I can just let him drink his way around the World, push him through the door and tell him Trails End hired an oompah band. 

Oh heck, I'll just leave him in his favorite "napping" spot in Italy and go by myself...

317070_2589206496616_2023798451_n.jpg

or...

I can just let him drink his way around the World, push him through the door and tell him Trails End hired an oompah band. 

Oh heck, I'll just leave him in his favorite "napping" spot in Italy and go by myself...

Bier and Drndle's arent enough?

We LOVE the pizza at Via Napoli, and we all really enjoyed Biergarten. Narcoosee's at firework time was awesome. 'Ohana is great. 

With 2 people, it might be fun to do some of the lounges around that serve food. 

It could be potentially a pain to do lunches at resorts if you're going to be in the parks. Just a thought....

It could be potentially a pain to do lunches at resorts if you're going to be in the parks. Just a thought....

Actually for us, that is a PERFECT time to try a resort meal. You are at a park, so hop on transportation to whichever resort, have a relaxing lunch away from the parks, then transportation back to that park or another park.

Going to another resort from the Fort is a pain.

This coming from a mogul who owns multiple businesses and goes on more vacations than our dear prez.

If a lowly feeble old bus driver can afford to go there, you can too.

Our only hobby is traveling and my DW works very hard so we can afford it.

And yes even though you are a lowly feeble old bus driver who's DW supports you also and you get a very generous CM discount Biergarten is still a better deal/Restaraunt.

Actually for us, that is a PERFECT time to try a resort meal. You are at a park, so hop on transportation to whichever resort, have a relaxing lunch away from the parks, then transportation back to that park or another park.

Going to another resort from the Fort is a pain.

OK, good point. We don't hop. For hoppers, a lunch at a resort would be a nice break. 

Our only hobby is traveling and my DW works very hard so we can afford it.

Ok, so I'll expect to see a photo of you taken at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on your next TR. 

What am I saying, I'll never see it.

who's DW supports you

I showed her this, and I quote. "In your dreams will I ever support you old man".

That's gratitude for all I've done for her.

you get a very generous CM discount

Yeah, if you consider a measly 50%, a generous discount.

Ok, so I'll expect to see a photo of you taken at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on your next TR.

What am I saying, I'll never see it.

I showed her this, and I quote. "In your dreams will I ever support you old man".

That's gratitude for all I've done for her.

Yeah, if you consider a measly 50%, a generous discount.

We are thinking of going back to the Beach Club this Christmas and you know I love a good steak. But since you don't read TRs you'll never know.

sometimes our women just don't appreciate all we do for them.

You mean they only give you 50% off! That's ridiculous. You deserve at least 51%.

or...

Lol. I thought that was a picture of me last time I tried to do a beer crawl around the world showcase.