Is a wallet that important when traveling?

Time to move on.

For Dinner we went to HDDR.  My DD loves this show.  It was a whole different cast.  There was only one person that was the same.  However, they all did a great job.  They even threw in some Frozen jokes.  Six Bits asked Jim Handy if he wanted to build a snowman, then when he got in trouble for asking that, told to just "Let It Go!"  It was nice seeing them being able to improvise and add that to the show.

No pictures from that night since we have been so many times.

The next day was departure day.  We had a LONG drive to Winchester, Va.  We were going to drive most of the way and finish it off the next day.

The DD and DW went to the park in the morning to go get a parasol.  While waiting they went to go see Aladdin and Jasmine

DSC_1449_zps0ee5d6e7.jpg

Unfortunately that ends the Disney part of the trip report.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microwave Stouffer's.  

Oh c'mon, you've tasted the food.  I'm not far off.  

Also....pony rides are good.  I'm glad I still have one small enough to do it. 

Yep, that is why I only eat there because of the characters.  Beats spending in line at the parks.

I guess I should finish off the rest of the trip report.

We left off on Thursday morning, the Thursday before Memorial Weekend and right before the 24 Hour Event.  I would have stayed for the 24 Hour event however I had to go to Winchester, Va.  That is a long drive from Walt Disney World, especially driving in an RV.  Luckily we do not have to drive through DC to get there, but there is no highway that is direct once you get into Virginia, unless you want to add on miles.  So we took 17 with the traffic lights.  We stayed overnight someplace in Virginia and finished the drive on Friday Morning.

I forgot to mention that the ice maker we got at Christmas decided to die.  Less than 6 months and it was no longer working.  So, the place we were going was right next to a Camping World and I decided to stop there first.  I brought the ice maker in and they normally do not take them back in, but I probably looked worse than I did in the Chef Mickeys picture.  They were going to exchange the Ice Maker, but did not have it in stock.  So they gave me a gift card for $260.  I bought it for $180.  Since I have a Camping World close to my house this was not an issue.  The Ice Maker always goes on sale and I knew I would be able to get it and have money left of the gift card.  It did go on sale and I was able to buy many more things with the remaining money.

Why would I be going to Winchester, Va on Memorial Weekend.  Well, my dogs play a sport called Flyball.  http://www.flyball.org/

Here is an example on youtube this was 6 years ago, but these two dogs that are featured are mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olzKeiU--Z8

I am running Daisy and my wife is running Scamp.

Daisy no longer runs, she is 13.  Scamp is still running and Jewel has been running for just under a year. 

It is a relay race for dogs.  They go over 4 jumps, get a ball that triggers from the box and then have to go back over the 4 jumps with the ball in its mouth.  There are 4 dogs per team and the fastest to complete the race wins.

I am now a judge and my wife runs Scamp and Jewel.

So on Saturday and Sunday she ran our dogs and I judged the tournament.

That is it till next time.  Which my vacation starts on August 7th.  I hope to have my wallet and everything else I need without having to drive back anywhere.

Thanks everyone for reading and commenting and sorry it took so long to finish.

Thanks for this report!  Thanks also for the flyball video - I've never seen that but it sure looks like fun!

Glad y'all had a good trip.  Beautiful family.

Thanks, it is fun.

Sweet deal on the  icemaker.  That's a big win.

I never heard of Flyball.  Wow.  Those dogs must be wiped out after that.

TCD

They sleep well on Saturday and Sunday night, but most dogs are back at being their energetic selves on Monday.