It does speed up the process once you get to the window, but there is no dedicated camper line, so won't shorten that part if the checkin lanes are full.

One thing it does do, is you put your CC into the computer instead of handing it to a person, so if you have room charging, no human at Disney ever handles your actual CC or sees the full number.

We have never used online checkin, but we have pulled into a checkin line and Judy has gone in to the desk to checkin with mixed results.  Once she was ready before we reached the CM, and once we had to pull through and wait for her to come back out..  

Just a bit of info I recently learned when helping a customer who was not going to make it on his check in day due to TT issues.

He had done online check in and when I called to try and push the ressie back a day they had to get Guest Relations and the some one at the Fort involved. Because he had online check in they ran the card the morning of his check in. The agent line and guest relations could not modify it at that point because it is controlled by the Fort.

The Fort ended up adding another day to his ressie with out billing in some way. Took a while to get it done but it was do able.

As I said just some info in case any one runs into trouble on the way to the Fort.

If you are staying in the cabins do you just park and go inside to check-in? I have completed the online check-in already.

Yes.  The guard at the shack will direct you to park outside of the Reception Outpost, and you will go inside to check in.  Most of the time, one of the spaces at the counter will have an on-line check-in sign.  At other resorts, they have started to have CM's greet guests as they enter the resort lobby, and one of these CM's may take you up to the counter to check you in.  I am not sure if they have started to do that at the Fort.  In any event, you do need to park and go in.

Just a bit of info I recently learned when helping a customer who was not going to make it on his check in day due to TT issues.

He had done online check in and when I called to try and push the ressie back a day they had to get Guest Relations and the some one at the Fort involved. Because he had online check in they ran the card the morning of his check in. The agent line and guest relations could not modify it at that point because it is controlled by the Fort.

The Fort ended up adding another day to his ressie with out billing in some way. Took a while to get it done but it was do able.

As I said just some info in case any one runs into trouble on the way to the Fort.

That's an interesting issue.

I thought your card didn't get run until you check-in.  No wonder they bombard guests with on-line check-in reminders.

TCD

When I went to the Reception Outpost last year to see a manager, I was greeted outside by a CM with a tablet (iPad?) asking how she could help.

I'm guessing if I was checking in she could've helped me outside or taken me in to get checked in.

Guess the Fort is moving out of the 19th Century.