Hi! We are Disney World vets thinking of trying the Fort for the first time next November. Spent 10 great days at VWL in Jan and loved the Fort when we saw it on a shared bus trip one morning. We will have 9 kiddos by that time (ages 1-11) and will be renting as big an RV as possible LOL!

We want to be close to the Settlement, won't have a golf cart (we'd need 2!), and really want space and privacy. We looked at some videos and the Preferred loops look so tight and on top of each other. Looked at Premium 700 and it looks much more spread out. We won't have a pet but don't mind being near others that do.

We really liked the end sites 703 and 705 in the video, but I can't figure out if those are on the end closest to the Settlement or on the end furthest away. Does anyone know?

Any other recommendations on a site with space and privacy near the Settlement? :)

Welcome!!! 

I don't have any 700 loop wisdom to share but in case it's helpful, we've got links to the Fort Fiends app (which has specs and photos of all sites) and a Google Earth tool that will help you get a good overview of what's where and how the sites layout here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

I love staying in the 700 loop.  We have been assigned 721, 726, and 701.  There is a water retention pond behind 726 and 721, which could be a little unfortunate if it rains too much.  But both of those sites are quite private; we liked both of them.  However, our favorite spot is 701.  It is neither private, quiet, nor close to the Settlement, but we really like watching the people hustle down to the Settlement or slowly walk back to their site after a day of fun.  It probably wouldn't be a good site for you with 9 children, as the main road is on one side of the site.  But it works for us.

Welcome to the board  :welcome2:

The 700 loop does not have a comfort station in the loop. Guest are directed to the comfort station in the 400 loop which is across the main road that runs through the campground. With a group as large as yours a comfort station near by would be nice.  Speaking of large groups, the Fort has a limit of ten people per site. So they may require you to book 2 sites. They may let you slide if any of your kids will be considered an infant (Under 1 year old) so you may want to recalculate the age of your youngest.   

Welcome to the board :welcome2:

The 700 loop does not have a comfort station in the loop. Guest are directed to the comfort station in the 400 loop which is across the main road that runs through the campground. With a group as large as yours a comfort station near by would be nice. Speaking of large groups, the Fort has a limit of ten people per site. So they may require you to book 2 sites. They may let you slide if any of your kids will be considered an infant (Under 1 year old) so you may want to recalculate the age of your youngest.

There is no charge for a child under 3 I believe. So they would not be counted in the total # of campers at the site.

Someone may be able to find further clarification, but the Fort's internally posted rate sheet does not stipulate 1 year or 3 years old. It just says persons.

So I guess whether it's a 1 day old infant or an 100+ year old person, it's a person, and it's counted as one.

The under 3 year old thing is for the parks.

3 to 9 is considered a child and needs a ticket. Under 3 does not.

Someone may be able to find further clarification, but the Fort's internally posted rate sheet does not stipulate 1 year or 3 years old. It just says persons.

So I guess whether it's a 1 day old infant or an 100+ year old person, it's a person, and it's counted as one.

The under 3 year old thing is for the parks.

3 to 9 is considered a child and needs a ticket. Under 3 does not.

I know at the hotels you are allowed one child under 1 on a reservation to not count towards the room count. Say Pop Century allows 4 in a room. You have 5 but one is under 1 years old. They would still be able to stay in that room. 

For what it's worth (not much) I called reservations and they told me under 3 does not count toward the total persons per site at the campground.  The under 1 year-old rule is what i was told for a room and I made the jump to think it applied to the campground.  

For what it's worth (not much) I called reservations and they told me under 3 does not count toward the total persons per site at the campground.  The under 1 year-old rule is what i was told for a room and I made the jump to think it applied to the campground.  

To be honest I wasnt sure which age limit they applied at the Fort. Thanks Memphis.