Are there ever last minute cancellations at Fort Wildnerness that you wouldn't be able to find on the regular Disney booking site?  I am interested in this weekend (I know crazy 4th of July and everything but hey just found out I have the weekend off and wanted to be spontaneous!)  or actually any other last minute trip we may be able to plan in the future.  We just live 50 miles from Disney so we can get there in a flash but would love to stay at Fort Wilderness just once.  

Any thoughts for booking possible last minute cancellations other guest can't make or do you just have to keep watching the Walt Disney World booking site?  

Thanks, any information is appreciated!

Jennifer

Not very likely at this late date, but keep trying. Your best bet for last minute hard to get weekends is 5-6 days out, because the cancellation policy is 5 days.

Also, try for more days than you need, like two weeks or more.

Also try one night at a time.

Welcome to Fort Fiends! 

Are there ever last minute cancellations at Fort Wildnerness that you wouldn't be able to find on the regular Disney booking site?  I am interested in this weekend (I know crazy 4th of July and everything but hey just found out I have the weekend off and wanted to be spontaneous!)  or actually any other last minute trip we may be able to plan in the future.  We just live 50 miles from Disney so we can get there in a flash but would love to stay at Fort Wilderness just once.  

Any thoughts for booking possible last minute cancellations other guest can't make or do you just have to keep watching the Walt Disney World booking site?  

Thanks, any information is appreciated!

Jennifer

Jason was just able to get me a reservation over the 4th last week. We had to play with dates (book 2 weeks then cancel what I didn't need) to get it to come up, and there were only partials available. 

Airfare is the killer. Even lapping the baby it's $630 for Adam and I! And that's not happening!

Check Frontier out of Wilmington De. but keep in mind they only fly to Orlando on Monday, Wed. and Friday but the rates seem the best and also free parking.

Check Frontier out of Wilmington De. but keep in mind they only fly to Orlando on Monday, Wed. and Friday but the rates seem the best and also free parking.

They fly from Trenton to but their peanut allergy policy was basically don't fly with us (which is another reason I'm loyal to SW)

They fly from Trenton to but their peanut allergy policy was basically don't fly with us (which is another reason I'm loyal to SW)

We book the cheapest rate so we do not even get a snack or a drink. just over a 2 hour flight.