Trip Within a Trip (or Any Excuse to Go To Disney)

Hello everyone!  DramaMama just talked me out of working on my dissertation this evening to post some pictures from our trip.  Truth be told, I didn't need much convincing.  So here we go, for those who always prefered the pictures in their books to all of those words...

DisneyJuly01.jpg

A stop at the Florida welcome station on I-75 is a required part of any Disney trip!

DisneyJuly02.jpg

Our first close-up look at the Mine Train from the queue.

DisneyJuly03.jpg

More Mine Train goodness.

DisneyJuly04.jpg

And more.  I have been waiting TOO long for a close look at this thing.

DisneyJuly05.jpg

Luke posing while the train comes by.

DisneyJuly06.jpg

Indeed, the key to the vault is right by the door where it should be.

But wait...there's more!

DisneyJuly07.jpg

The enchanted rose in Be Our Guest's west wing.

DisneyJuly08.jpg

Such disrespect for fine art.

DisneyJuly09.jpg

Note that the boys have accidentally recreated the pose from the Be Our Guest mosaic.

DisneyJuly10.jpg

Taking the boys for a "family reunion".

DisneyJuly11.jpg

I love the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.  There's a great picture at every turn.

DisneyJuly12.jpg

Am I the only person who wanted to rig one of these up on my own house?

Can't...stop...posting...pictures.

DisneyJuly13.jpg

What to do waiting in line for Jungle Cruise during some hard rain? Queue selfies!

DisneyJuly14.jpg

The rest of the family joins the selfie fun.  Not the guy in blue.  He's an accidental photo bomber.

DisneyJuly15.jpg

Luke is quite attached to Pluto.  We sometimes think he is more like Donald.  In a good way.  Mostly.

DisneyJuly16a.jpg

Ah...the Dole Whip float selfie.  Note how melted they are -- we had some trouble finding a seat.  Wound up on a bench in front of Diamond Horseshoe.

DisneyJuly16b.jpg

Speaking of Dole Whips, check out the shirt.  No, I didn't buy one.  The Dole Whips broke me.  Just kidding.  Mostly.

Just a few more.  I can stop anytime I want.  Really.

DisneyJuly17.jpg

I took this picture to try and scan it with my barcode reader.  No luck.  However, the Tinkertoy set in the queue scans perfectly and pulls up...a Tinkertoy set.  Love the details.

DisneyJuly18.jpg

Best picture of the trip.  Caedmon wasn't taken with his first ride on Tower of Terror.

DisneyJuly19.jpg

It's cool how we manage to hover horizontally like this.  The magic of Fantasmic, I guess.

DisneyJuly20.jpg

I realized as we were leaving Epcot that we had parked under the monorail track.  Seemed like a good omen -- and a cool picture.

Okay, that's all of the pictures for now.  Everything else will appear over on the Where in the World? thread eventually.  I now return you to your regularly scheduled trip report hostess...

We kept telling ourselves that we could wait until October and the Tower of Terror Ten Miler that Andy has registered for.  We kept saying "It will be too hot.  It will be too crowded".  Our annual passes (that we won't be able to get again for a long time) kept whispering "Use us.  This money is slipping away.  You'll be going right by on your trip"........

I'm in!  So funny... we have a trip planned in October as well, but we too made a quick trip to the Fort (just last week) "to use our annual pass" :)  

I'm in!  So funny... we have a trip planned in October as well, but we too made a quick trip to the Fort (just last week) "to use our annual pass" :)

I'd love to be able to make quick trips too, but it costs us $600 in diesel fuel to get there and back.  So we go less often but stay longer.  We plan to have 5 weeks in the parks on this round of APs.  Not too shabby.

I'd love to be able to make quick trips too, but it costs us $600 in diesel fuel to get there and back.  So we go less often but stay longer.  We plan to have 5 weeks in the parks on this round of APs.  Not too shabby.

5 weeks... awesome! :)    $600, ouch.  Our truck is good ole' gas and the $350 really hurt.  This was our second trip with the truck and the first trip I must not have been paying attention, because the $350 tally really surprised me  :dropjaw:  :bugeyes:

This is awesome guys! Thanks for posting! Cody

Thanks!

Ouch! We live 5 1/2 hours away and don't tow anything yet (someday!) - for now when we camp we put the tent and stuff in the back of the truck.  Just going at all is pricey!  Would love to stay for an extended time and not feel like we need to pack experiences in.

Excellent job on your first TR!

Glad you got to ride the Mine Train.  And no line for lunch at BOG?  That's a huge win right there!

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, and tanks to TS for posting the photos.

TCD

Thanks, TCD!

Great pictures.  But do you have any of the crazy Argentinian teens popping their balloons?

Sadly, no, I didn't take their picture.  BUT, when we got back to South Florida we went out for lunch at an Argentinian steak house.  The food was amazing, so my feelings toward the country have improved....

I will try to finish this up later today.  Home again, home again, much laundry and unpacking!

5 weeks... awesome! :)    $600, ouch.  Our truck is good ole' gas and the $350 really hurt.  This was our second trip with the truck and the first trip I must not have been paying attention, because the $350 tally really surprised me  :dropjaw:  :bugeyes:

Ouch! We live 5 1/2 hours away and don't tow anything yet (someday!) - for now when we camp we put the tent and stuff in the back of the truck.  Just going at all is pricey!  Would love to stay for an extended time and not feel like we need to pack experiences in.

Sadly (for me) you both live a lot closer to the Fort than we do.  It's 619.7 miles from our driveway to the Outpost.

Hey, I forgot!  In addition to those 5 weeks on this AP, I also spent 5 days there for WWW.  So that's 40 days in the parks for me in one 12-month period.  That's $15.25 per day of park admission.  What a deal!

Sadly (for me) you both live a lot closer to the Fort than we do.  It's 619.7 miles from our driveway to the Outpost.

Hey, I forgot!  In addition to those 5 weeks on this AP, I also spent 5 days there for WWW.  So that's 40 days in the parks for me in one 12-month period.  That's $15.25 per day of park admission.  What a deal!

Haha...that's the same justification I give my hubby for our trips (this October will make 5 in a 12 month period).  Of course he just laughs and says that we could have saved ourselves on "the deal" and not gone at all.  Yeah...that's not acceptable ;)

Haha...that's the same justification I give my hubby for our trips (this October will make 5 in a 12 month period).  Of course he just laughs and says that we could have saved ourselves on "the deal" and not gone at all.  Yeah...that's not acceptable ;)

I can't imagine being able to go 5 times in one year!  

And no, that's not acceptable.  I'm lucky DH enjoys WDW as much as I do.  He just wants to save money on things like not going to HDDR, not attending MVMCP or MNSSHP.

I can't imagine being able to go 5 times in one year!  

And no, that's not acceptable.  I'm lucky DH enjoys WDW as much as I do.  He just wants to save money on things like not going to HDDR, not attending MVMCP or MNSSHP.

I know.. the first 3 times, we drove our van so the gas was half the price (if that).  Can't imagine that I'll get 5 trips out him next year...but I'm hoping for two (fingers crossed!).  I'm from Washington State and my family is still back there.  We've been in Atlanta for 11 years now and I hope to move us out West, in the next 2 to 3 years...so I keep reminding him that 1) our children really do love it (even the baby knows/understands WDW!) and 2) we won't always be taking these trips as we won't always live this "close".

We use the same reasoning. Now how can I convince him we need to go in September. It is only a measly 850 miles one way.

Hmmm...sounds like you may need to bring on some extra   :hugsmiley: 'ing to make that happen ;)

I know.. the first 3 times, we drove our van so the gas was half the price (if that).  Can't imagine that I'll get 5 trips out him next year...but I'm hoping for two (fingers crossed!).  I'm from Washington State and my family is still back there.  We've been in Atlanta for 11 years now and I hope to move us out West, in the next 2 to 3 years...so I keep reminding him that 1) our children really do love it (even the baby knows/understands WDW!) and 2) we won't always be taking these trips as we won't always live this "close".

Hmmm ... family versus close to WDW.  I'd vote for WDW!  Don't judge.  You don't know what I'm dealing with on the family front.  It's really ugly.  I've gained 25 pounds and seen a 50% increase in my blood pressure because of it.

Hmmm ... family versus close to WDW.  I'd vote for WDW!  Don't judge.  You don't know what I'm dealing with on the family front.  It's really ugly.  I've gained 25 pounds and seen a 50% increase in my blood pressure because of it.

Not good, not good.  I am not a doctor, but I would prescribe a medicinal trip to the Fort and some relaxing strolls through MK, Epcot, HS, and AK.  Strictly for your health, of course.    SmileyFace_doctor.jpg

Not good, not good.  I am not a doctor, but I would prescribe a medicinal trip to the Fort and some relaxing strolls through MK, Epcot, HS, and AK.  Strictly for your health, of course.    SmileyFace_doctor.jpg

If you need a second opinion, I agree.

TY, TY!  I'll be there in October for three blissful, stress-free weeks.  Can't wait!