So now it will be "Hello Crabby Tour Guide"...

Actually it should say "Crabby Convention Guide".

You have given of yourself for the enjoyment of others and for that I say thank you.

It was a 2 way street, I enjoyed doing it.

You forgot MagicBus.

Fixed it.

Lou, I forget....did you grow up speaking Portuguese?  I'm seeing a wonderful opportunity to lead the chanting flag wavers through the World Showcase as they try to find the Brazil Pavilion.  

I was fluent in it until I moved away from my Portuguese neighborhood. I can understand certain dialects, but can no longer speak it. Too much time has passed.

It wouldn't work anyway because Brazilian Portuguese is much different than European Portuguese. I can barely understand it.

While the words are the same, pronunciation and the  speech patterns are very much different than what I spoke.

Ah, Lou, that was beautifully written.  As I said previously, I will miss the hope of ever seeing you as I board one of those big ol' people haulers.  Although I never was lucky enough to be chauffeured by you, I would like to thank you for safely getting your passengers to their destinations, your conscientiousness as a driver, and the part you played in "making the magic" come alive at Disney.

I know you are eagerly awaiting your new position, as there is always such excitement with a new job on the horizon, and I know you will be wonderful; but sometimes endings are just a little bit sad.  

Best of everything to you!

Thank you very much Jean Ann. Very nicely put.

I tried to think of just what I wanted to say on this thread, and Okieheart beat me to it.

Jean Ann is very eloquent.

I dub you Partyman, you are too old for Partyboy so there ya have it, from this day forward you are the Partyman

I believe you were the first one to call me Busman, so who knows, maybe this name will stick too.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you have.

My new title is "Convention Guide".

I'll be facilitating the attendee experience at Disney and private events held at the parks and resorts throughout WDW.

Sweet gig. I hope it all works out for you

My new title is "Convention Guide".

I'll be facilitating the attendee experience at Disney and private events held at the parks and resorts throughout WDW.

Does that mean you will be working the D23 events?  If so maybe you can straighten those morons out.

Sweet gig. I hope it all works out for you

Thanks

Does that mean you will be working the D23 events?  If so maybe you can straighten those morons out.

There are so many events going on at the same time at the parks, resorts, WWOS, etc, that I might, or might not, work a specific event.

But if I do, and if I run into morons, I will not try to straighten them out. I don't get paid enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever jobs WDW pushes on you

Actually Disney doesn't push you, you push them.

we expect you will always be a Fiend and will regularly haunt the Fort....spikes aplenty

Unfortunately for you, that will be the case.

and sniffing out apple pies.

I'm still waiting for a Ken apple pie. I'll settle for an apple turnover.

Congratulations Lou - long before I actually joined this merry band I used to read all the postings and wondered if you were ever our bus driver.  Now I'll watch and see if I can spot you taking people  around.  Would we ever get you when we do the backstage tours?

long before I actually joined this merry band I used to read all the postings and wondered if you were ever our bus driver.

We'll never know now.

Now I'll watch and see if I can spot you taking people  around.  Would we ever get you when we do the backstage tours?

Actually I'm not a tour guide, I'm a convention guide, so no tours.

We'll sometimes guide groups from one event venue to another, but that's about all the guiding we do.

We're the CMs walking or standing around with light sabers and telling you that you can't come into an event.