Fort Wilderness Tire Cover for sale on Ebay

hmmmm.... anybody else look at that and think to themselves "nice, but it'd look so much better in purple with a fiendmingo on it?" just saying...

That is an idea - since we are a camping board and pretty much everybody has a spare tire on their camper, how about a Fort Fiend spare tire cover?

That is an idea - since we are a camping board and pretty much everybody has a spare tire on their camper, how about a Fort Fiend spare tire cover?

That is exactly what I spoke to Jen about at the beginning of the week. At first I was looking into custom spare tire cover places online & found some outrageous prices & some that were cheaper. Funny thing is the place that makes or made the Disney ones was the cheapest but they have a minimum of 100. I don't think we could get 100 members to agree up front to but them & I'm not in a situation where I can front the expense & hope to sell them in the store. So then I spoke Jen about using her vinyl on a cover which I would provide. That gets a bit costly also at probably $80 after all the shipping back & forth. Jen says what concerns her is how the vinyls adhesion will hold up in a lot direct sunlight. So from what understand she may try it herself as a test. If her test works or someone comes up with screen printed ones at a decent price I'll definitely buy one. 

I am working on one.  Steve got my juices runnin' on it so I am going to try to get one going here.  I am still worried about the heat with the vinyl to vinyl.  I would feel much better with a canvas to vinyl, but I am testing theories out right now.  I have this popup sitting in the back yard that gets some nice afternoon sunlight...and since my RV is out of commission for the near future, I shall play with the popup for a while until all the pennies go to the marine guys who are working on the bus.

So, off to the store I go again to buy supplies.  I just got back from JoAnn's fabrics with 40 bucks of fabric dye in my hands.  Toddler jerseys are my life blood these days.  They are definitely paying for the RV payments! :banana:

I will keep you posted on the progress.

I lost  :rofl2:      I went out to butcher my lawn & forgot to get back & do my 'last 40-second slam' bid.  Hopefully another will show up.  They sold for $50-ish new a couple of years ago, so not a bad rate considering.

Holy Crap!  They sold for 54 and 58 dollars.  I want one, but I would rather spend that type of cash on a half a day at the Fort itself.

How goes the quest for a Snarky cover?

I will post the picture of the Snarky cover this evening.  All the vinyl is cut and put together.  I have to put it on the tire cover itself this evening.  :rofl2:

The way I am looking at it is this...if the vinyl holds, I can sell them and replace the vinyl if it comes off after a while.  I just can't afford 100 tire covers per size screen printed.  I can always send you another Snarky to put on if he comes off. :D

I lost  :D      I went out to butcher my lawn & forgot to get back & do my 'last 40-second slam' bid.  Hopefully another will show up.  They sold for $50-ish new a couple of years ago, so not a bad rate considering.

Use esnipe.com than you don't have to be there. It is what I use.

Best Regards,

Norm

Holy Crap!  They sold for 54 and 58 dollars.  I want one, but I would rather spend that type of cash on a half a day at the Fort itself.

How goes the quest for a Snarky cover?

I will post the picture of the Snarky cover this evening.  All the vinyl is cut and put together.  I have to put it on the tire cover itself this evening.  :dance:

The way I am looking at it is this...if the vinyl holds, I can sell them and replace the vinyl if it comes off after a while.  I just can't afford 100 tire covers per size screen printed.  I can always send you another Snarky to put on if he comes off. ::)

:))

I have it sitting in the direct sun, so we will see how it goes.  My seamstress has even volunteered to make them in whatever sizes we need to help us out so we don't have to order a boat load in all the sizes.