I have to say when someone is injured in the parks they are very quick to take care of you.

Our daughter was injured on the Buzz Lightyear ride. She was 6 at the time and as we were getting off the ride the car lurched forward and she banged her face. Her nose immediately started bleeding like crazy. They quickly rushed in to take her backstage and had medics check her out. Her nose wasn't broken and it did stop bleeding after about 10 minutes. They had some big whig types there the entire time, they were very nice to all of us. Her clothes and shoes were covered in blood so they sent someone to get her an outfit in her favorite color with shoes. They asked if we wanted her taken to the hospital, we didn't, it wasn't a bad injury. After they got her all cleaned up and we were done they gave us fastpasses for the rest of the day and we were on our way.

We heard from them later that night, they had someone stop by our campsite to check on her. And we heard from them when we returned home.

It was just an accident, she wasn't doing anything stupid and they didn't do anything wrong but I was very impressed with how professionally the situation was handled. We joke every time we go that one of the kids should sacrifice themselves with a small injury so we can get a days worth of fastpasses.

Anyhow back to the story of the guy who lost his fingertips, it goes to show you that they do have warnings for a reason, I imagine he will always heed those warnings now.

That's exactly how Disney should have acted and exactly how you should have responded.

You said it. It was and accident. Not a lottery ticket.

Bravo to you for not demanding more and bravo to Disney for their actions.

I asked one of our office's attorneys to quickly research Disney's track record to get a sense if they just roll over or actually fight law suits. Hey, I can do this, my last name is on his pay check.

Anyway, Disney has an excellent track record defending itself. While they're a target because of the obvious "deep pockets", "deep pockets" works both ways. They have the resources and time, and they do aggressively fight law suits against them when they feel they are in the right.

So, people can sue all they want, it's unlikely that they'll prevail.

Good news!

People sue yes, but it's the idiots who want to "stick it to the corporations" and grant the large sums that are the problem. If the guy truly takes responsibility for his own actions I'd by him a beverage of his choice and say a toast to him. I may have to help him open it though. 

By the way this is my first post. Perhaps this isn't the best way to introduce myself... Oh well. At least you know where I stand on the topic. ;D

Welcome!

Last time I was on pirates I was accosted by mermaids, shot at by renegade pirates, and threatened by zombie like skeletons. I am surprised no one has lost any fingers before this.