...while at Disney.

I was thinking of this the other day, while in line for Small World and our beautiful two year old was belting out (loudly and with confidence I might add) "It's a Small World... at the mall"   :)  Sissy kept trying to correct him, but I had to tell her to leave him be because it was just so darn cute :)

For our daughter, when she was two, we were watching a parade and a breeze was blowing the leaves on the trees... our daughter was watching the trees and she said, "look mommy, the trees are dancing"   :)

Anyone else have any favorites?

When Drew was little we were visiting family in Kansas City for Thanksgiving.  Shania Twain's song "I Feel like a Woman" was on the radio.  He was singing, "Man I feel like a lemon" then the radio announcer was saying something about seeing her on Thanksgiving night.  Drew all excited said, "Dad! they said I can see her on Thanksgiving Night!"

My son was 4 the first time we travelled to WDW.  We left at night so that the kids could sleep in the car - nice plan, but you know how kids can be.  As soon as we pulled out of the driveway he said "Actually, Mommy I'm not in bed so I don't have to sleep."  For the next three hours he talked non-stop about all the reasons he should stay awake.  Just about the time I thought my ears would fall off he more or less fainted and slept the rest of the night.

The next time we took a long car trip we handed him a tape recorder.  This saved me the need to always respond to everything he said.  The tape is priceless - he talked about everything, recited Green Eggs and Ham, and laughed at himself alot.  Now that he is a teenager, it is great to turn back time and hear that giggle again.

Last summer, we were walking through FantasyLand with our grandchildren having just finished lunch at BOG( hour long wait), enjoying the rides, the crowds and the warm summer weather. When our six year old grandson throughs his hands into the air, spins around and with the exuberance a child says, " Can you believe it Nana! All this and it's FREE!!!"

Love the Memories

Ok, here goes... First, a word of warning - the "4-letter" word version of "poop" shall be contained herein.  Read on at your own disgust and pleasure...

--- really, stop reading if you want ---

Ok, here goes. Daughter is now 10 and this was back in 2007, so that would make her all of about 4.

We were starting to wind down for the night when darling daughter announced that she was hungry.  She was hungry because she didn't eat her dinner, but try telling *her* that.  Anyway, I digress (and so quickly) - off she disappeared upstairs.

She was gone for a while and awfully quiet.  My spidey-sense wasn't tingling, so I figured she was doing fine.  And, once I finally did make it up to check the situation, all was well.  She's eating wheat thins ("chips") and some kind of oyster-cracker-looking things.  So, I returned downstairs.

A few minutes passes, nature's call beckons and I went in to tinkle.  I only closed the door because I was in the downstairs bathroom and it's got a pretty straight view from the outside to my backside.

She yells, "Daddy where are you?"  I hear her start down the steps, about what I figure is half way she shouts, "BIRD SHIT!".  Unfortunately, I was still peeing.  Fortunately, I was able to maintain am and only splashed the tub a little. (ok, I made that part up)

Not quite sure that I heard what I thought I did, I didn't yell anything back.

She's a little closer this time and I hear, "Daddy! BIRD SHIT!  Where are you?"

"I'm in here." I struggle to get out.  All the while thinking, "That can't be what she's saying.  But, there is a lot of bird caca on the deck where the feeder is.  Maybe we said it... did she really just say BIRD SHIT?!"  Of course, while the thoughts are setting in, it's starting to get kind of funny - I don't know, kids swearing (innocently) makes me laugh.  I'm suppressing chuckles.

"Daddy, can I come in and show you the BIRD SHIT?" (Yeah, upper-case & bold each time, somehow it's just louder than the rest of the sentences.)  So, I put my game face on and open the door.

"Daddy, look BURNT CHIP!" and she mashes it into my face.

"Oh, ok - go show your mother."

Who, upon seeing the burnt chip acknowledges that it is quite interesting.  Happy that she's shared her wonderous find, darling daughter makes her way upstairs to the sounds of our roaring laughter.

Last summer, we were walking through FantasyLand with our grandchildren having just finished lunch at BOG( hour long wait), enjoying the rides, the crowds and the warm summer weather. When our six year old grandson throughs his hands into the air, spins around and with the exuberance a child says, " Can you believe it Nana! All this and it's FREE!!!"

Love the Memories

Oh my gosh...that is GREAT :)

My son was 4 the first time we travelled to WDW.  We left at night so that the kids could sleep in the car - nice plan, but you know how kids can be.  As soon as we pulled out of the driveway he said "Actually, Mommy I'm not in bed so I don't have to sleep."  For the next three hours he talked non-stop about all the reasons he should stay awake.  Just about the time I thought my ears would fall off he more or less fainted and slept the rest of the night.

The next time we took a long car trip we handed him a tape recorder.  This saved me the need to always respond to everything he said.  The tape is priceless - he talked about everything, recited Green Eggs and Ham, and laughed at himself alot.  Now that he is a teenager, it is great to turn back time and hear that giggle again.

Okay... that made me tear up.  My little ones are only 7 and 2.5 but it's already gone way, way too fast.  My little guy has the sweetest baby voice that I will desperately miss one day.

Ok, here goes... First, a word of warning - the "4-letter" word version of "poop" shall be contained herein.  Read on at your own disgust and pleasure...

--- really, stop reading if you want ---

Ok, here goes. Daughter is now 10 and this was back in 2007, so that would make her all of about 4.

We were starting to wind down for the night when darling daughter announced that she was hungry.  She was hungry because she didn't eat her dinner, but try telling *her* that.  Anyway, I digress (and so quickly) - off she disappeared upstairs.

She was gone for a while and awfully quiet.  My spidey-sense wasn't tingling, so I figured she was doing fine.  And, once I finally did make it up to check the situation, all was well.  She's eating wheat thins ("chips") and some kind of oyster-cracker-looking things.  So, I returned downstairs.

A few minutes passes, nature's call beckons and I went in to tinkle.  I only closed the door because I was in the downstairs bathroom and it's got a pretty straight view from the outside to my backside.

She yells, "Daddy where are you?"  I hear her start down the steps, about what I figure is half way she shouts, "BIRD SHIT!".  Unfortunately, I was still peeing.  Fortunately, I was able to maintain am and only splashed the tub a little. (ok, I made that part up)

Not quite sure that I heard what I thought I did, I didn't yell anything back.

She's a little closer this time and I hear, "Daddy! BIRD SHIT!  Where are you?"

"I'm in here." I struggle to get out.  All the while thinking, "That can't be what she's saying.  But, there is a lot of bird caca on the deck where the feeder is.  Maybe we said it... did she really just say BIRD SHIT?!"  Of course, while the thoughts are setting in, it's starting to get kind of funny - I don't know, kids swearing (innocently) makes me laugh.  I'm suppressing chuckles.

"Daddy, can I come in and show you the BIRD SHIT?" (Yeah, upper-case & bold each time, somehow it's just louder than the rest of the sentences.)  So, I put my game face on and open the door.

"Daddy, look BURNT CHIP!" and she mashes it into my face.

"Oh, ok - go show your mother."

Who, upon seeing the burnt chip acknowledges that it is quite interesting.  Happy that she's shared her wonderous find, darling daughter makes her way upstairs to the sounds of our roaring laughter.

:rofl3:   Seriously... "crying" again.  Love it.

There are two distinct memories with my boys....

One Christmas morning, me and DH were still snoozing and my youngest, probably about 7 at the time comes running into our room and bounces like a ping pong ball to both sides of the bed "Santa Came"..... runs to the other side of the bed "Santa Came"..... repeat several times :)

Then the other was my older son as a teenager. Rick fixes these huge deserts for me, more than I can usually eat. After a few bites, just can't eat any more, so I would holler at my son in his room, and got this sarcastic "WHAT", from the direction of his room, then I would insist he come grace us with his presence, he would wander in the living room finally, and I would hand him the desert, and he would get this silly look on his face, and say, "weeeeelllllll, if I haaaaaaave to" and then literally bounce back to his room.

Oh, and from our first trip to Disney World, my youngest had to write a trip report for school. We sent the boys to the "Kids Adventures" from the old Disney Institute for a day. The youngest went to some nature class, one of his comments was , "we went to the edge of Disney World, all the way to fence" (I think they went to the Disney Nature Preserve)