The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of T-Rex at Downtown Disney...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/13/review-t-rex-at-walt-disney-worlds-downtown-disney/

Some excerpts...

T-Rex-Menu-2-383x625.jpg

Beverage Menu — Click to Enlarge

Category-5-Table-Tent-T-Rex-356x625.jpg

Category 5 Table Tent

Cottontini-Menu-T-Rex-600x363.jpg

Cotton-Tini Menu — Click to Enlarge

Lava-Tomato-Basil-Soup-T-Rex-600x400.jpg

Lava Tomato Basil Soup

Megalosaurus-Mozzarella-T-Rex-600x400.jp

Megalosaurus Mozzarella

Bronto-Burger-T-Rex-600x521.jpg

Bronto Burger

Cretaceous-Chicken-Fried-Steak-T-Rex-600

Cretaceous Chicken Fried Steak

Wooly-Mammoth-Chicken-T-Rex-600x406.jpg

Wooly Mammoth Chicken

Neanderthal-New-York-Strip-T-Rex-600x488

Neanderthal New York Strip

Chocolate-Extinction-T-Rex-600x469.jpg

Chocolate Extinction

We've been in the store here, and made "Build-a-Dinos" once, but have never eaten here.  I have heard that it's very LOUD.  Has anyone here got any experiences to share?

We were just there a week or so ago. The food was decent chain-restaurant quality. A bit expensive for what it is, but we expected that being at Downtown Disney and figured we were paying for the experience.

There is a play area just inside to the right. My son didn't like the feeling of the "sand"/pebbles and was overwhelmed by everything at first. Daughter enjoyed it. I made the mistake of walking in it in my sandals and picked same out from my toes for hours. Son ultimately loved the decorations and animatronic dinosaurs.

I wouldn't want to be in the blue/ice room as the lights were either always blue or red. My wife didn't want us in the ocean part as she wanted our son to see dinosaurs as he expected them (giant lizards vs. water animals).

For the beer drinkers, the difference between a small and large beer is a dollar and you get 6-more ounces (or so said our waitress).

All said, son liked it enough that we would go back.

qa5upaja.jpguvy5ame3.jpg6ajehyhy.jpgremyjyra.jpgaqe4e7ut.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Kelly, it can be loud (it's ran by the same parent company as Rainforest) however, kind-of expected with the theme.   I do think their portions are large, but still pretty expensive.  Tom and I usually share a burger (with fries) and a salad and our two kids get their own kid's meal....last time I think we paid around $46 w/tip and tax (that was with Tom and I drinking water).   

I've got a kid with sensory issues....don't think this would work for us.  We ate at Rainforest many years ago and it was a disaster. 

Anyone with sensory issues, would have a tough time at either restaurant.  Heck, even without sensory issues, these places can be a bit tough to take ;)

AND... Plans changed. Now eating at Wilderness Lodge for their family style dinner so she tells me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's a different thread, but we still want to hear about it!  :)

Also doing breakfast at the Boardwalk Beach Club (is it?). I'll post after our day of Disney dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk