In Ky. right now and a guy pulled in with a 5th wheel and golf cart on a utility trailer behind it, mind you not a large 5th wheel. Once while in the Hershey area I saw a guy with a car behind the 5th wheel, I believe he had Canadian plates, I often wondered if he ever got stopped by the police anywhere.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give Mike all your specs and he'll tell you whether it would work or not.  I would trust him completely....he wouldn't build or sell you something unsafe.  

I'm sorry to be negative, but I can't imagine buying this:
image_zps9f52df7b.jpg

When all you need is this:

01.jpg

...unless you need a parade float, or need to move a few tons of hay when not camping. I see Tandem Tows for sale used quite often on craigslist for 1300-3000.  Seems far more practical, and easier logistically than the big a$$ trailer, unless you need a big a$$ trailer anyhow.

we had a 20' (i believe) PJ trailer that we had the vw and golf cart on.  the cart went on at the front of the trailer (sideways) and the car behind it.  cost us about $2200.  we only needed to take the car the one time and a trailer was more practical for us to buy-as we could sell it later if we wanted and we did.  the nice thing about a trailer is that there is no wear on the vehicle.  we don't take a car with us any other time-that time we went to florida for a month and needed to have one.  a dolly like dave has, is something we considered. not sure if we would be happy with that.

but, we have decided when the time comes that we need a vehicle and the gc - we will probably pull the pick up with the gc in the bed.  

and just an fyi-- our gc has paid for it self.  we do disney once or twice a year and the cost of renting a cart vs owning one (for us) owning is the way to go.

Some vehicles have to be towed four wheels down or are NOT recommended for long term towing of any style (4 down or dolly).

Any front wheel drive car can be towed on a dolly. Also some can be towed 4 down such as our SONIC. MH magazine publishes a new list every year.

http://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/