Jason really wants a golf cart. One of the hold-ups (besides cash) on that is having a way to tow both it and our Jeep behind our Class C. I know some people use lifts and others use trailers. I'd love to hear from people that do this about the pros and cons of their method. Please also share the cost if you're comfortable with that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give Mike all your specs and he'll tell you whether it would work or not.  I would trust him completely....he wouldn't build or sell you something unsafe.  

Why did you choose that particular one? Do you have issues storing it at campgrounds?

Don't think any one else makes anything like it. Not yet. It fit in back of our site at WDW and so far it has also fit in all the other sites we've been in.

I like that solution Dave....looks like the weight of the golf cart is distributed amongst both the wheels of the dolly as well as the tongue weight on the motorhome receiver.

And when the car is on the dolly it actually reduces the tongue weight. The swivel is adjustable (one bolt) for what ever type car being towed, right now since I am towing the SONIC it is set to the rear of the dolly axle. You can see that in the pic, without the cart the swivel is moved forward directly over the axle.

I really like the Tandem Tow dolly, but a Mighty Hauler is another good option. No trailer storage issues. But your dinghy has to be flat-towable and the combined cost of the hauler and blue ox would be costlier than a Tandem Tow (depending on options). If I were going to do the Tandem Tow, I'd want the dinghy to be beefy enough to hitch the trailer to with the golf cart on it. I would not want to get caught in a difficult situation.

You mentioned you have a jeep. If it is 4wd, you always have to tow it flat. I wish I could use a trailer like Dave has but my jeep is 4wd.

Yes, we have a Jeep. And it is 4WD... the fact that all aren't is something I just don't understand. So if we can't tow using something like Dave's trailer, and according to Dave, our Super C won't work with a Mighty Hauler... there are no options for us?!?!

I really like the Tandem Tow dolly, but a Mighty Hauler is another good option. No trailer storage issues. But your dinghy has to be flat-towable and the combined cost of the hauler and blue ox would be costlier than a Tandem Tow (depending on options). If I were going to do the Tandem Tow, I'd want the dinghy to be beefy enough to hitch the trailer to with the golf cart on it. I would not want to get caught in a difficult situation.

We currently tow our Wrangler 4 down with a Blue Ox, not sure if we could use the same system with the Mighty Hauler. But according to Dave, the Mighty Hauler might not work for us. UGH.... guess we will rent forever. 

We currently tow our Wrangler 4 down with a Blue Ox, not sure if we could use the same system with the Mighty Hauler. But according to Dave, the Mighty Hauler might not work for us. UGH.... guess we will rent forever. 

I wonder if you could have a custom trailer made? Cart on the front jeep on the back. 

There are trailers you can have made that are not that big since you have a jeep and the cart could be put sideways. I am like your hubby, I use the Jeep for my daily driver and I would never give it up. The custom trailer is about the only way to go unless you triple towed and to me that is just a no go.

There are trailers you can have made that are not that big since you have a jeep and the cart could be put sideways. I am like your hubby, I use the Jeep for my daily driver and I would never give it up. The custom trailer is about the only way to go unless you triple towed and to me that is just a no go.

No WAY are we triple towing. 

Mike (of Doodle and Mike), built a trailer that holds their cart sideways and the car drives up on on it. He builds custom trailers for a living.

I've been in contact with them tonight. That might be the way we have to go. I'm a little concerned about the weight of a large trailer behind the RV... We need to do some research and make sure that would work for us.

I've been in contact with them tonight. That might be the way we have to go. I'm a little concerned about the weight of a large trailer behind the RV... We need to do some research and make sure that would work for us.

Give Mike all your specs and he'll tell you whether it would work or not.  I would trust him completely....he wouldn't build or sell you something unsafe.  

I have been thinking about all this as well. I have thought about trading our toy hauler for a motorhome. My wife's daily driver is a 4x4 wrangler unlimited so I know we can flat tow. But then there is the cart. I already have a 20' lowboy trailer that I can put the jeep on but I would have to modify it to side load a cart which is no big deal. But then I started thinking about triple towing. Really it wouldn't be that bad. Because if you get in a bad spot just un hook the jeep and it pulls the small trailer with the cart. Plus while camping it would be easier to store a trailer built to haul a cart then one to haul a cart and a jeep. My daily driver is a 4x4 crew cab f350 so I could put a cart in the bed and flat tow the truck. But I would rather have the wife's jeep while camping then my truck. Which has started me thinking about a motorhome in the first place. With all that said though I think I would go with a trailer to haul both. But I think triple towing would be nice because you wouldn't have to load and strap down the jeep. I really didn't help you any but I figured I would tell you what I have been thinking about.

My friend brings his Jeep wrangler as golf cart with him on a car hauler trailer. It has tie downs and ramps for the jeep and the same ramps he hooks on the front(side) of the trailer to drive his cart on to. I found this one on Craigslist, brand new for $2650. It has ramps and two 3500# axles.

Problem solved. Except where to put the trailer at your campsite.

image_zps9f52df7b.jpg