Doubt it.  Disney transportation is supposedly meant for all Disney guests - including those not staying at Disney resorts.

Doubt it, I guarantee it.

If by Disney guests, you're including everyone that is at WDW for any reason, or no reason whatsoever, that's correct.

The other reason is that it's not practical to verify every rider.

Can you imagine how long it would take to load buses at peak times. And what if the rider doesn't have a card and refuses to get off, do you think the bus driver should confront them? I wouldn't.

I wish they would. I remember the days you had to show a resort card to board the bus.

It was many years ago when there were a lot fewer resorts and buses. 

And to me it is a much safer idea to help keeping trouble makers out of the resorts.

I'm missing the connection between having to show a card to board a bus and being safe from trouble makers.

It was many years ago when there were a lot fewer resorts and buses. 

I'm missing the connection between having to show a card to board a bus and being safe from trouble makers.

I am just saying you would only have resort paying guest allowed on the bus. So it would be harder for the general public to just show up at a resort with no one knowing.

I am just saying you would only have resort paying guest allowed on the bus.

So it would be harder for the general public to just show up at a resort with no one knowing.

Disney want's, advertises, and encourages locals and other non-WDW resort guests to visit WDW. It's good for business.

It was just a thought. I will say the resort monorail needs to be for resort guest only. This has even mentioned numerous times. It was like that long ago. My mistake on the buses. I thought buses were for resort guest only

I will say the resort monorail needs to be for resort guest only.

No, for the same reason not to keep us low-lifes off the buses.

How do I resort hop? How do I get from MK for dinner at the Poly or GF?

I'm assuming the boats are also restricted to paying guests.

No, for the same reason not to keep us low-lifes off the buses.

How do I resort hop? How do I get from MK for dinner at the Poly or GF?

I'm assuming the boats are also restricted to paying guests.

All but the ferry boats. And that would be resort guest

So what are the perks of staying at a Disney resort? Over priced food, packed transportation due to non resort staying guest, packed pools (with non resort guest), over priced concrete pads and rooms. There are more non magical reasons than magical. But were the ones that still come

All but the ferry boats. And that would be resort guest

So no resort hoping or leaving MK for ADRs for me and all of the thousands of freeloaders locals and out of state non-WDW resort guests that currently spend mucho $$$$ visiting the monorail resorts? 

Of course Disney will have to make up the difference somewhere and that somewhere might be you. Are you ok with that?

The perks for resort guests are getting fewer and fewer all the time - they even shaved an hour off PM EMH last year.

That said, I don't think transportation will ever be something exclusive to resort guests. As Lou said, Disney wants not just resort guests, but all WDW guests able to freely and easily move about WDW so that they can fill the restaurants and shops in all the resorts as well as the parks.

So no resort hoping or leaving MK for ADRs for me and all of the thousands of freeloaders locals and out of state non-WDW resort guests that currently spend mucho $$$$ visiting the monorail resorts? 

Of course Disney will have to make up the difference somewhere and that somewhere might be you. Are you ok with that?

I have no choice. They have you by the ears. If there is money to be made they will do it. Just venting today...lol

I also think that the shift away from perks for resort guests just might have something to do with the fact that they've found an even better way to put "heads in beds."

Why deal with the hassle (for Disney) of juggling multiple levels of service based on where a guest is staying, when you can better and more specifically manage your slow resort periods using things like room discounts and free dining (which we all know isn't really "free")?  I think at one point the resort guest perks really were a big draw for people, but these days I suspect if you asked people if they'd rather have a designated bus or a 20% off discount, they'd go with the discount.  8)

packed transportation due to non resort staying guest

I can't speak to the non-guest monorail ridership, but I can tell you with certainty that the buses are not packed because of non-resort guests.

There are some, but the numbers are small.

Just venting today...lol

Venting is good, as long as it's done above the waste.