Rumor: Anna and Elsa going back to Norway

I'd put Russia on the list - could be very interesting in terms of culture and architecture.  Although I'm not sure about a QS serving borscht.  B)

I'd love to see some place like Nepal or India, and something from South America - Chile or Peru?

I'm not sure Peru would be much better than Russia on the culinary front. While I can see the  Guinea Pig population needs to be controlled I'm not sure cooking them up is the best way to handle it. Not to mention I don't think I could eat anything that has been the subject of two South Park episodes.

While Disney paid for the buildings, the pavillions are sponsored by corporations or governments (i.e. Morocco).

That's the way it's supposed to work, but from what I've heard- most of the pavilions lack sponsors, and Morocco is the only pavilion sponsored by an actual government.

The same site posting this latest news has an article titled "Epcot has Failed" http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm

TCD

That's the way it's supposed to work, but from what I've heard- most of the pavilions lack sponsors, and Morocco is the only pavilion sponsored by an actual government.

The same site posting this latest news has an article titled "Epcot has Failed" http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm

TCD

I would love to have a Matterhorn on this coast. I was always one of my favorites at Disney Land. 

Man someone was on the ball, it was submitted yesterday and I didn't get the SFWMD notice about this application until this morning.

They were the first ones to break it too... which resulted in their site crashing for a few hours, presumably from all the traffic.

I'm not sure Peru would be much better than Russia on the culinary front. While I can see the  Guinea Pig population needs to be controlled I'm not sure cooking them up is the best way to handle it. Not to mention I don't think I could eat anything that has been the subject of two South Park episodes.

:rofl2:

I've learned over the years to take anything posted on Screamscape with a healthy grain of salt.  8)

Arrendelle?

i think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Still, if it does happen.....they better serve beer in mugs that Elsa has "frozen".

If they put Arrendelle next to Star Wars Land in DHS, I would not have as much of an issue with it.

I mean they did build a Cars Land at DL and I don't think that movie has any more staying power than Frozen.

Frozen will be to this generation of girls what Beauty and the Beast was a couple generations before.......and WDW just added an attraction and restaurant based on that movie.

One thing is for sure, it still makes more sense than James Cameron's Ode to Blue People Land.

Frozen will be to this generation of girls what Beauty and the Beast was a couple generations before.......and WDW just added an attraction and restaurant based on that movie

A good point - although I wonder if Frozen will be considered the same type of "classic" story as Beauty and the Beast down the road?  The difference I see is that stories like Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella and Snow White, all became classics over time, and were based on old and beloved stories, that eventually became movies, musicals/stage shows, etc. over the years. 

In the case of Frozen, it feels like they're trying really hard to force it to be an instant classic, by piling everything on as much and as quickly as possible.

I guess time will tell if it really holds up.

A good point - although I wonder if Frozen will be considered the same type of "classic" story as Beauty and the Beast down the road?  The difference I see is that stories like Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella and Snow White, all became classics over time, and were based on old and beloved stories, that eventually became movies, musicals/stage shows, etc. over the years. 

In the case of Frozen, it feels like they're trying really hard to force it to be an instant classic, by piling everything on as much and as quickly as possible.

I guess time will tell if it really holds up.

My take on it is that those in charge looked back and saw that they had dropped the ball by failing to cash in on all the merchandise and other opportunities with some of their earlier films.  When they realized what a hit they had with Frozen, they shifted into high gear, and did everything that they could do to grab as much cash as they possibly could.  I'd say they did a good job with that.  I think they went a little too far, but I'm sure they raked in the dough.

Creating a permanent attraction is another matter.  But, I think Aaron is right- Frozen will at least have the staying power of Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

TCD

I've been thinking about this and think Disney is making a mistake. Yes, I know they could care less about my opinion. Rightly or wrongly I've always looked at Epcot as the adult park. Many of the rides are geared to older kids and adults. The World Showcase has always reminded of a global party the few times I've been there and not really something I would have wanted my kids around when they were little. It is also the place where I go when I want to get away from Disney so to speak. Adding a new non-existant country geared to a Disney movie ruins some of the best features of the park for me and depending upon how over the top it is, would be enough to stop me from visiting in the future (even if they build a Matterhorn).

I've been thinking about this and think Disney is making a mistake. Yes, I know they could care less about my opinion. Rightly or wrongly I've always looked at Epcot as the adult park. Many of the rides are geared to older kids and adults. The World Showcase has always reminded of a global party the few times I've been there and not really something I would have wanted my kids around when they were little. It is also the place where I go when I want to get away from Disney so to speak. Adding a new non-existant country geared to a Disney movie ruins some of the best features of the park for me and depending upon how over the top it is, would be enough to stop me from visiting in the future (even if they build a Matterhorn).

If nothing else, there will be a whole lot of parents explaining to their little Annas and Elsas what "drunk" means on the weekends during Food & Wine.  :blink:

I'm not sure Peru would be much better than Russia on the culinary front. While I can see the Guinea Pig population needs to be controlled I'm not sure cooking them up is the best way to handle it. Not to mention I don't think I could eat anything that has been the subject of two South Park episodes.

My sister-in-law went to Peru and actually tried Guinea Pig.

No way could I do that.

My sister-in-law went to Peru and actually tried Guinea Pig.

No way could I do that.

We went to a zoo-ish place in the fall and in the barn, the one stall had like 100 guinea pigs in it. It was really, really creepy and looked like a scene from hoarders. I can't shake that image from my head and it's been months. No way could I eat one of them either.

I like to pretend meat just magically grows from a plant and not think about what it really is.