Three questions:

1.  I was washing our camper today and could not wash off a few brown spots.  I'm not quite sure what they are, they kind-of look like large light coffee stains.  I tried some bug and tar remover, just in case that would do the trick... it didn't.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  When I was washing the camper, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in those areas, it just looked dirty.  They are not streak marks, but rather splotches.

2.  I also noticed, while washing, all the "caulk" (most of it looked like a silicone) around windows, trim, etc.  Do I need to re-caulk these areas each year...or just look for bad/weak areas and redo there?

3.  Mosquitoes.  So, I opened the trailer door and was greeted by these special friends.  Somehow, mosquitoes have taken up residency in our small little camper.  I don't know how they are getting in (I try to be very careful about keeping the door closed when I'm going in/out).  Any suggestions on a) how to kill them and B) how to keep them out?  I need to get them out as our youngest as a severe reaction when bitten.  I lather him up when we're outside but would rather not have to cover his pack-n-pla with a bug net in our camper (plus...he's 2.5 so I'm not sure how well that would go over).  We haven't had a problem (earlier this year/summer) with mosquitoes inside before.  I did have the ceiling vents open, but there is screen covering the vent/fan...so I can't imagine they got up that way?  I closed the vents, just in case.  There seemed to be quite a few by the sink/tub drain... could they be coming up that way somehow?

Thanks Fiends!!!

I just check the caulk in various places. In the 7 years I have owned it, had the dealer recaulk twice when I had it in for other modifications.

I usually empty it out totally empty once a year, and clean all the dust bunny's out, and then at night while empty shine a flashlight from the bottom and all around it to see if any light comes in. The wheel wells can be a suspicious area on my camper.

Have your wheel bearings greased and/or repacked once a year.

Clean or replace the filter on your AC

Take the battery out and have it tested.

Check any wiring and plumbing connection to make sure they are tight. (Rolling earthquake)

Take a screwdriver to any screws inside and out and snug them down (cabinets, window awnings, window shades), (again, rolling earthquake)

Check the torque on your lug nuts

Replace tires every 4-5 years

Check air pressure every trip

Check outside vents for nests of any kind, (wasps, mud daubers, etc.)

When I empty it down to the bare nothing, I also take all the dishes inside and run them through the dishwasher on sanitize mode.

I replace my bug spray, sun screen, stick lighter, cleaning fluids (dishwashing soap, bleach, etc) once a year whether used or not. I replace all the spices once a year.

3 questions but 5 posts. LOL

Oh gosh....did that happen?  :)   An admin must have fixed it.   Funny.

Are they Mosquitos or gnats? Pour some vinegar into the drains and that will keep any more bugs from coming up that way.

Definitely mosquitoes...although there were a few gnats; I'll try the vinegar.  Thanks!

Could the coffee spots actually be rust? And, for cleaners- I've found LA's Awesome cleaner to be pretty awesome. It's sold at fancy places like Dollar General and the like. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm...rust.  Can that happen in the middle of the wall (nothing around to rust)?  I could see it looking like a light rust stain though...

I just check the caulk in various places. In the 7 years I have owned it, had the dealer recaulk twice when I had it in for other modifications.

I usually empty it out totally empty once a year, and clean all the dust bunny's out, and then at night while empty shine a flashlight from the bottom and all around it to see if any light comes in. The wheel wells can be a suspicious area on my camper.

Have your wheel bearings greased and/or repacked once a year.

Clean or replace the filter on your AC

Take the battery out and have it tested.

Check any wiring and plumbing connection to make sure they are tight. (Rolling earthquake)

Take a screwdriver to any screws inside and out and snug them down (cabinets, window awnings, window shades), (again, rolling earthquake)

Check the torque on your lug nuts

Replace tires every 4-5 years

Check air pressure every trip

Check outside vents for nests of any kind, (wasps, mud daubers, etc.)

When I empty it down to the bare nothing, I also take all the dishes inside and run them through the dishwasher on sanitize mode.

I replace my bug spray, sun screen, stick lighter, cleaning fluids (dishwashing soap, bleach, etc) once a year whether used or not. I replace all the spices once a year.

Some really great tips... thank you!!!  

You don't need to worry about anything on Carol's list as long as you keep the liquor cabinet well stocked.  

:rofl3:   We don't actually drink that much...but having an RV may drive us to it!  Especially if bugs start to take over!! :blowup:

We had a van we camped in years ago. We camped down at the Everglades and had Mosquitos inside. They came in thru the ceiling vent after us. They figured out how to come in thru the gap between the screen and the crank, and it was a very small gap.

Hmmm...I wonder if they were getting in those vents then.  I hope that was the source as I've now closed them up tight.  I'll check back in a couple of days and see what I find.  I'm also going to try Carol's flashlight trick.