Not sure if this is the right place for this or not.

I'm not sure about everyone else's dinette cushions but ours are about 3 inches of flimsy foam. Fine for sitting and having a quick meal but for hanging out on rainy days or sleeping ha forget about it. A while back I bought some upholstery fabric at Joannes on a going out of business sale. Had been planning on making removable covers for both the dinette and couch to save the original fabric and make it easier to clean. After using the dinette as a bed for the first time last month I decided a foam mattress top was a much needed purchase. After a look online I found some of the nice cooling memory foam mattress toppers for a good price on over stock.

Then it donned on me where was I going to store that (18 ft tt). Which got me thinking if I'm already going to make covers why not just cut the memory foam and make add that to the foam that is already there. Making the new covers to fit over both.

Has anyone done this, any suggestions or better ideas?

Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Would there be any clearance issues with the thicker cushions?

You might want to use some sort of glue to keep the topper from drifting/sliding around on the current foam.

We have a mattress topper on our bed at home and after a while we have to yank it back into position.

Sounds like a statement from the Dolly thread.  

:rofl3:

I'm not sure about everyone else's dinette cushions but ours are about 3 inches of flimsy foam. Fine for sitting and having a quick meal but for hanging out on rainy days or sleeping ha forget about it. A while back I bought some upholstery fabric at Joannes on a going out of business sale. Had been planning on making removable covers for both the dinette and couch to save the original fabric and make it easier to clean. After using the dinette as a bed for the first time last month I decided a foam mattress top was a much needed purchase. After a look online I found some of the nice cooling memory foam mattress toppers for a good price on over stock.

Then it donned on me where was I going to store that (18 ft tt). Which got me thinking if I'm already going to make covers why not just cut the memory foam and make add that to the foam that is already there. Making the new covers to fit over both.

Sorry... don't have anything to add here, except to say...when you're done, pictures please!! :)

Why don't you just cut new foam to fit and throw away the old foam. If the memory foam is an inch, buy two inch regular or high density foam to use as a base and put the memory foam on top. Should make comfortable seating and a good mattress for sleeping. Joann's sells all the base foam.