Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I think it's worth doing at least once. 

Especially if you have young children.

The parade, fireworks, and snow on Main Street are awesome.  And, the short lines at the attractions are nice.

The thing about the Christmas parties is that you can see all of the special things with a regular park admission the week before and after Christmas.  Just with much bigger crowds.

TCD

We did it a few years ago when my DW won a pair of tickets off the radio.  It was at a time that we had taken a couple of years off from our APs.  We really really enjoyed it. It turned out to be a very cold (for Florida) night and that really added to the Christmas feeling.  However, since we started buying AP again we haven't been.  It's a great way to do the MK for almost 1/2 price. They will let you in the park at 4PM.

We have APs. Just trying to decide whether to spend the extra dough. My daughter is 10 and loves Disneyworld characters and Christmas...so it seems like a perfect match...decision, decisions. It's either the MVMCP or a dinner show! What to do?????

I think it's worth doing at least once. 

The parade, fireworks, and snow on Main Street are awesome.  And, the short lines at the attractions are nice.

^THIS^

Although it seems like they're selling more tickets to the parties than when we first went, and they're a bit busier these days.  Still much smaller crowds than more normal days though.  In addition to the parade, fireworks and shows, you'll also get to see the characters in their holiday attire, and sometimes also some characters that are rare to see in the parks.

We've gone twice - we only went the 2nd time because we had family with us that wanted to go.  We enjoyed it, but we probably won't spend the money again.

It's not as great a deal as when you went.

A 4 day PH ticket will average about $94 a day. A MVMCP ticket is about $70.

Wow your right.  I was thing $56 vrs $100 one day ticket. I did not realize the party ticket had gone up that much. 

We have APs. Just trying to decide whether to spend the extra dough. My daughter is 10 and loves Disneyworld characters and Christmas...so it seems like a perfect match...decision, decisions. It's either the MVMCP or a dinner show! What to do? ????

I love how the site automatically put the little confused face in place of my second "what to do?"

The technology has obviously infiltrated my very brain and has SEEN first hand my natural state of being!! :rofl3:

We did it for a "cheap" park day the day that we arrived in Orlando 2 years ago. We knew we wouldn't spend the whole day, so the 4pm arrival worked well for us. The lack of crowds and lines were really nice.

I thought our price was closer to the $56 than $70, but my wife took care of arrangements that trip.

I'm not sure that I would pay extra otherwise for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I thought our price was closer to the $56 than $70

It's possible.  The price has gone up pretty much every year, and depending on what night you go and if you manage to get discounted tickets, some nights are cheaper than others. Tickets for ages 10+ this year run $67-$74. DVC tickets are $57.

Military tickets are available the day of the party at MK guest services for $20 less... even on days the party is sold out! Just a note for those eligible.

As for worth-while-ness, I love the party. And since I don't have an AP it's a pretty good value. I can hit all my fav MK attractions with little to no line, see the parade, and special fireworks. I've done it three or four times and am going again this year!