Our grandkids have done cookie decorating, rubbings, the campfire, and used the craft room at AKL without any issues.  They have also used the playground.  One time they both got picked as the Ambassadors of the Day.

And thats just some of the kid activities.

That's good to know. I've always wanted to check out AKL! :jumpforjoy

Agreed on the night vision thing at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that was really neat.

The Monorail to/from Epcot goes pretty deep into the park so you can check it out.

We drove to one hotel and then used Disney transportation to get to others.

We were total scuff laws- my daughter put her feet into a few pools!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have your Fort parking pass and magic bands it shouldn't be any problem. We went to visit relatives at Saratoga and they scanned my band said you're a Fort guest, and welcome home.

Just tell them you want to tour the resort and have something to eat, plus it's a DVC. They are looking for potential buyers so they won't turn you away.

If you have your Fort parking pass and magic bands it shouldn't be any problem. We went to visit relatives at Saratoga and they scanned my band said you're a Fort guest, and welcome home.

Just tell them you want to tour the resort and have something to eat, plus it's a DVC. They are looking for potential buyers so they won't turn you away.

All due respect Travisma, but in Sept, you shouldn't have to do any of that. Just tell them why you're there.

On the off chance that you get a wannabe Barney Fife, then go to plan B.

There may be an issue during the very busy holiday periods where they may restrict visitors to some of the Monorail resorts, but not in Sept.

All due respect Travisma, but in Sept, you shouldn't have to do any of that. Just tell them why you're there.

On the off chance that you get a wannabe Barney Fife, then go to plan B.

There may be an issue during the very busy holiday periods where they may restrict visitors to some of the Monorail resorts, but not in Sept.

We've never had any problems during the non-holidays.

Just tell them you want to tour the resort...

^THIS^

You won't have any problems.  We drove to the Poly in May for dinner but got there over much earlier (there were pineapple drinks calling our names). 

The guard asked to scan our MB, we told him we were going to hang out for a while before dinner.  Easy peasy.

The guard asked to scan our MB, we told him we were going to hang out for a while before dinner.  Easy peasy.

Even if I had a MB, I wouldn't let them scan it.

Disney doesn't need to know my every move and you don't need a MB to get into a resort.

I just show them my license and just say "visiting" and I'm waved through every time. Have a magical day Barney.

Even if I had a MB, I wouldn't let them scan it.

Disney doesn't need to know my every move and you don't need a MB to get into a resort.

I just show them my license and just say "visiting" and I'm waved through every time. Have a magical day Barney.

Lou see if you can get a blue & white card from some one that works at Disney, I hear it works wonders. :rofl3:

We use Disney Transportation and do a lot of resort touring.

We combine it with a couple hours in a park, then take the bus to that resort. Usually planned around dinner, then we bus back to a park for fireworks and dessert, then back to the Fort.

That way we are not taking two buses just for the sake of taking two buses.

Now, on the other hand, when I'm solo, especially when I don't have park tickets, I've been know to play "bus roulette" for dinner.  I'll go to the bus stop, and whichever bus comes first, I get on. And as we know, the bus will usually go to another resort destination after leaving the park. So I'll stay on, and whichever resort the bus stops at, is where I have dinner.  Only once that didn't work, as the bus was going off duty when it reached Epcot, but I was able to very quickly grab the first bus I saw (Caribbean Beach).