I don't recall seeing any info on this upcoming movie yet.

From the Disney site...

Into the Woods is an unfamiliar take on our favorite fairy tales, and is based on the musical by Stephen Sondheim (a member of our editorial team once played a tree in a production of the show, so we’re extra excited for this movie). The film comes to theaters December 25.

Walt Disney Studios has released new images from the set of Into the Woods and we are too impatient to wait until December to see the film, so we’re packing up and moving to said woods immediately.

Why, you ask?  Well just LOOK at these images:

Into-The-Woods-00670_R.jpg
James Corden as the Baker and Meryl Streep as the Witch.

Into-The-Woods-01562_R.jpg
Daniel Huttlestone as Jack and Tracy Ullman as his mother. 

Into-The-Woods-01037_R.jpg
Emily Blunt as the Baker’s Wife, and James Corden as her on-screen hubby.

Into-The-Woods-00972_R.jpg
Billy Magnussen as Rapunzel’s Prince.

Into-The-Woods-00754_RC.jpg
Corden with Lilla Crawford as Red Riding Hood.

Into-The-Woods-07188_R.jpg
Anna Kendrick looks less than thrilled to be polishing silver, as Cinderella.

Into-The-Woods-04979_R.jpg
Chris Pine as Prince Charming.

Into-The-Woods-08930_R.jpg
MacKenzie Mauzy as Rapunzel.

Into-The-Woods-07150_R.jpg
Lucy Punch and Tammy Blanchard as Cinderella’s evil stepsisters and Christine Baranski as her evil stepmother.

Into-The-Woods-Teaser-Trailer-Wolf.jpg
Johnny Depp (and a pretty great hat) as the Wolf.

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/07/30/were-moving-into-the-woods-after-seeing-these-first-look-images/

The trailer is that was just released is here...

http://video.disney.com/watch/disney-s-into-the-woods-trailer-4ff6e45bd3b3e7809be4d010

I am definitely looking forward to it.  Rumor has it that some parts will be changed from the musical script.  Loving the stage version as I do, I am not sure how I feel about that.  Thrill directed it and I stage managed it when I was 8 months pregnant with our oldest.  Working on the show while expecting our first child - a son- was a very moving experience for us. 

However, I really did like Maleficent - changes and all.

Either way, hopefully people will see the movie and then be open to seeing the live stage version.  Nothing beats live theatre - in the audience or behind the scenes!

We had a school trip to see Into the woods and that hooked me too it. I'd love to see it on stage again. Haven't been to a play/musical in a long time. The local theater was doing Urinetown but we had plans, I was bummed because that's another fantastic show.

• 2 months later...

This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview

By EW staff on Oct 22, 2014 at 10:00AM

depp-into-the-woods-1335.jpg

Ever since Chicago ushered the movie-musical back to the big screen with panache, the song-and-dance genre has had a bumpy road in Hollywood (here’s lookin’ at you, Rock of Ages). But the man behind the 2002 Best Picture winner hopes to turn the trend around with another tuner, this time based on one of Broadway’s most beloved Stephen Sondheim musicals. Director Rob Marshall takes the reins on Disney’s Into the Woods, and he’s gathered an A-list cast and creative team to conjure up a glossy adaptation of the 1987 fairy tale fantasy that’s decidedly different from any storybooks you might have gathering dust on the shelf.

In this week’s Entertainment Weekly—which features four exclusive covers of the fairy tale epic’s all-star cast—we dive headfirst into the design of the dark, sprawling world of Into the Woods, the musical tale about a childless Baker (James Corden) and his wife (Emily Blunt) who attempt to lift a witch’s curse by venturing into an enchanted forest filled with classic characters like Cinderella (Anna Kendrick) and Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy). But this isn’t your mother’s Cinderella VHS—nor your daughter’s DVD, for that matter. “I didn’t want this to look like a cartoon world,” says Marshall. “It’s not sunny, sunny, sunny—we wanted a sense of danger.”

With the chance to re-invent the iconic musical, it wasn’t hard for Marshall to reunite members of his Chicago design team and lure top acting talent to the project—including Johnny Depp as the big bad Wolf and Meryl Streep as the Witch. “I’ve been offered many witches over the years, starting when I was 40, and I said no to all of them,” the actress tells EW. “But this was really fun because it played with the notion of what witches mean. They represented age and ugliness and scary powers we don’t understand. So here’s my opportunity to say, here’s what you wish for when you’re getting old.”

Come for the woods (and your first look at Depp’s Tex Avery-style lupine), but stay for the rest of our annual holiday movie preview, which includes candid chats with season stand-outs Julianne Moore and Eddie Redmayne, a behind-the-scenes look at Exodus: Gods and Kings, The Imitation Game, and the final Hobbit film, and of course, the calendar that will guide you through it all. The only question is, which cover will you pick?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/22/this-weeks-cover-into-the-woods/