Fast pass and child swap?

Don't know if it clears anything up and for what it's worth, below is the full description regarding "Rider Switch" currently on the HUB. Take it with a grain of salt.

Whatever the policy is and like so many other policies at WDW, it's probably up to the CMs that are working the attraction at the time.

Chad the CM sees 3 people, sure come on in. Thirty minutes later, Becky the CM sees 3 people and says, sorry, only 2 people allowed.

Description
Parties with more than 2 Guests may be able to take advantage of the attraction Rider Switch program, which enables you to experience an attraction while another member of your party waits with the Guest who does not ride.  You then "swap" to enable the other party member to enjoy the attraction without having to wait in line again.

Oh, duh on me.

I didn't know they had rider switch there, and apparently neither does Disney. It's not on the list. But, then neither is the Mine Train (it's only been open for two months though) :

That's the official list from the Disney site. No Mine Train?

TCD

I don't think they really consider it a ride, but we swap there every visit and have always gotten printed swap passes.

Don't know if it clears anything up and for what it's worth, below is the full description regarding "Rider Switch" currently on the HUB. Take it with a grain of salt.

Whatever the policy is and like so many other policies at WDW, it's probably up to the CMs that are working the attraction at the time.

Chad the CM sees 3 people, sure come on in. Thirty minutes later, Becky the CM sees 3 people and says, sorry, only 2 people allowed.

Description

Parties with more than 2 Guests may be able to take advantage of the attraction Rider Switch program, which enables you to experience an attraction while another member of your party waits with the Guest who does not ride.  You then "swap" to enable the other party member to enjoy the attraction without having to wait in line again.

It is described in much more detail on the official Disney site:

riderswitch_zps192a69d6.jpg

The official site makes it clear that one adult who didn't get to ride and one other guest can use the rider switch.

But, there are consistent reports that this policy is not followed.  Also, the official site makes no mention of a pass that can be used later, but those are, in fact, being distributed.

It seems that Disney is intentionally putting false information on the website to cut down on possible abuse and complaints from guests who do not have a short kid to bring along to get double Fastpasses.

SOAT= best ride at Epcot

As the bar is set very low at Epcot, a lot of people would agree.

Even though they messed it up pretty badly with the recent updates, I still like Test Track better.

TCD

It seems that Disney is intentionally putting false information on the website to cut down on possible abuse and complaints from guests who do not have a short kid to bring along to get double Fastpasses.

But it doesn't have to be a short kid, it can be an adult with a cognitive disability and most of us on here would fit that description.

Rider Switch is listed as a feature on the "Services for Guests with Cognitive Disabilities" page.

It is described in much more detail on the official Disney site:

Maybe too much detail. It reads like a legal document. Party1 agrees that Party2 will not board the attraction until Party3 , yada, yada, yada.

If that's the case, then I think what you want to do is use the group to spread out the FP+ reservations.  Just one or two guests should use the FP+ for each of the rider switch eligible rides, and get the rider switch passes.  Those passes can then be used by four members of the party later on.

To see Tinkerbell the best, you want to be on the bridge to Tomorrowland or in the FP+ viewing area.  He will fly right over your heads.

TCD

Your logic is flawed a bit. To use rider switch, you have to wait in line just like normal or use a FP+ just like normal. You have to have 3 people to be eligible for a rider switch. One rides and one stays behind with the non rider. Its not an instant FP that you didnt have before. Just asking for a rider switch doesnt get you a pass. They will verify that the person waiting with the non rider has a FP+ or is present and waited in line.

Your logic is flawed a bit. To use rider switch, you have to wait in line just like normal or use a FP+ just like normal. You have to have 3 people to be eligible for a rider switch. One rides and one stays behind with the non rider. Its not an instant FP that you didnt have before. Just asking for a rider switch doesnt get you a pass. They will verify that the person waiting with the non rider has a FP+ or is present and waited in line.

It depends on what really is happening. If it is being enforced as the website says, then you're right.

But, if they're passing out rider switch passes that are good for 4 people, then there's a bonus.

Let's say there's a family of five, one of whom is an infant.  Two people can reserve a FP+ for one attraction.  The whole family comes up to the ride, and gets the Rider Switch pass, which is good for four.  The two with the FP+ ride this time.  And the family walks away with a FP+ good for four of them to be used at another time.  They go to the next ride- two different members can use their FP+ for that one.  Same scenario.  They get a FP+ for four.  They could do this for six separate attractions, and accumulate six FP+'s to use at any time. And they don't have to be used the day of.  Those rider switch passes are usually good for a week. This family could come back to the park another day, and leave the baby with a sitter,  and four of them could ride six FP+ rides that day.  Whenever they want.  If they wanted to, they could use the 3 FP+ reservations they're entitled to on top of those six, and have nine FP+ rides on one day. Or, they can do like one member did here and just let the kids all ride a second time.

Those rider switch passes could even be given to another family and used by them.  As reported in Jmaul's trip report:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12634-the-maul-gang-goes-to-wdw/?p=364508

Why does the website describe it so differently?

Because people would be pissed if they knew that this giant loophole existed.

TCD

From my experience in June and other times TCD's idea would work. They never asked if we all had FPs. We just walked up. Said the little guy wasn't riding and asked if we could have a rider switch pass. Besides if every member in your group had a FastPass for that attraction why would you need a rider switch pass.

Guest 1 stays with kid while guest 2 rides the ride using his FP. And then guest 2 stays with kid while guest 1 uses their FP.

From my experience in June and other times TCD's idea would work. They never asked if we all had FPs. We just walked up. Said the little guy wasn't riding and asked if we could have a rider switch pass.

I'm glad to hear that. From everything I could find and read that's always the case but I was a little worried about trying to take advantage of it.

My thinking is that me and CP while traveling with our baby could (if we wanted to) book 6 separate FP+ rides. I could have three and she could have three different ones, at each spot we could ask for a child swap and one person would ride with FP+ and the other could ride with the child swap pass. Realistically we probably won't do that for all our FP+ but it sure sounds like we could.

Besides if every member in your group had a FastPass for that attraction why would you need a rider switch pass.

Guest 1 stays with kid while guest 2 rides the ride using his FP. And then guest 2 stays with kid while guest 1 uses their FP.

That's exactly what I was wondering, but I guess the child swap was originally meant to go with the standby line not FP or FP+.

Thanks for all the good info everyone.

WBI

I'm glad to hear that. From everything I could find and read that's always the case but I was a little worried about trying to take advantage of it.

My thinking is that me and CP while traveling with our baby could (if we wanted to) book 6 separate FP+ rides. I could have three and she could have three different ones, at each spot we could ask for a child swap and one person would ride with FP+ and the other could ride with the child swap pass. Realistically we probably won't do that for all our FP+ but it sure sounds like we could.

That's exactly what I was wondering, but I guess the child swap was originally meant to go with the standby line not FP or FP+.

Thanks for all the good info everyone.

WBI

What you are describing is how Jason and I used to use the paper FP system. If my stepdaughter was with us, she would ride twice.... or sometimes she wouldn't want to ride at all, and Jason and I would both ride twice. 

I haven't tried it with FP+ because Z is now tall enough to ride most things, and he's a daredevil.