We were at The Fort for our first time last week. We had requested the 1200 or 1300 loop and ended up with a site in the 1300 loop that backed up to the canal across from the sand volley ball court and pool area. During daylight hours it was fairly active and somewhat noisy but not too bad. The afternoon pool party can be annoying but it was over by 5PM. In the morning before people arrive at the pool we saw Ibis, Storks, Egrets and Blue Heron feeding along the canal. Getting to the pool, campfire and movie is very easy and takes about 5 minutes to walk. Both the CS and bus stop are easy to get to from either loop. We found the walk to the docks wasn't bad at all and by the time you calculate waiting for the bus took about as long get there. We're not sure when our next trip will be but will most likely request a site in the same loops.

We've been in 400, 500, 1400, 900, and 1200 in the past few years.  400, 500, and 1400 are progressively further from the Settlement and closer to the Meadows Area.  I would opt for the outer loop of 1400, but some with children say the inner loop is more safe for children playing. 1200 has some bigger sites, but many also back onto a main road with lots of bus traffic.  Rest assured that any site your rig will fit in will be a great place to stay.

• 1 month later...

I am also a first timer here at this site and am planning my first trip to Fort Wilderness next June.  I did download the site app that you have on this site and it looks like some of the preferred sites might be pretty tight.  My fifth wheel is 40+', my brother's is a few feet shorter and then my parent's is around 30'.  Oh yeah, that is the other issue I am traveling with two other campers and we would like to be in the same area.  Two of us will have dogs and the two bigger rigs have sides on both sides. 

I know the original question was about what loop to request but I have not even made a decision on which level of site to book, I guess I am between the premium and the full hook up sites,  I did see where someone suggested against the 1900 loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We love the Premium sites, but they are expensive. Except for 1900, the Full hookup sites are plenty roomy and save you some money. However, I would recommend having bikes or a golf cart if you are in the full hookups, it can be a hike to the bus stop from those loops.

For the mobility issues rent an ECV from an outside Vendor. If you get a Pride 9 or 10, it will scoot along pretty quickly and can go all over the Fort sidewalks and around the themeparks on a single day charge.  Between the ECV and a golf cart we use, we don't worry about the internal busses. 

I am also a first timer here at this site and am planning my first trip to Fort Wilderness next June.  I did download the site app that you have on this site and it looks like some of the preferred sites might be pretty tight.  My fifth wheel is 40+', my brother's is a few feet shorter and then my parent's is around 30'.  Oh yeah, that is the other issue I am traveling with two other campers and we would like to be in the same area.  Two of us will have dogs and the two bigger rigs have sides on both sides. 

I know the original question was about what loop to request but I have not even made a decision on which level of site to book, I guess I am between the premium and the full hook up sites,  I did see where someone suggested against the 1900 loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you're worried about size, I'd get a premium. You're sure to have plenty of room. 

It looks like there are many full sites that would work for my 5th wheel.  What are the other "pros" for the premium sites.  As long as I fit in the site I only need to get it in one time and I will have family there to make fun of me if it is a tight one and takes a few tries.

The picnic tables are bigger. The sites are wider... there is none of the sand pad. They are also in a more desirable part of the campground. 

I've never stayed in a full before, but it seems from memory that some a a good ways from the bus stops if you don't have a cart, and your sister has mobility issues. 

I've never stayed in a full before, but it seems from memory that some a a good ways from the bus stops if you don't have a cart, and your sister has mobility issues. 

True.  If you go with a full, I'd let them know you'd like to be close to the bus stop and why.

Oh and WELCOME!!   :)

The only thing I have to add other than WELCOME is to be sure and link your resis together so they know to keep you together. The premium sites are nice but I am too cheap so I get full hookup and deal with the sand issue by putting an extra welcome mat out and yelling a lot. lol  

Full hookups have all utilities.  The only different between Full and Preferred is location.

The only sites without sewer are partials and all sites have cable, water and electric.

There's a full breakdown here of what's what that might be helpful...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

It looks like there are many full sites that would work for my 5th wheel. What are the other "pros" for the premium sites. As long as I fit in the site I only need to get it in one time and I will have family there to make fun of me if it is a tight one and takes a few tries.

Hey did you steal my wife sounds just like her