• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beckers, what did you decide about Space?    You definitely need to FP+ 7DMT, and I think Splash and Thunder would be my other targets. You could head straight to Space at RD and then move on to Fanta

That's a tough one.

Are you planning to stay all day? Or leave by lunch time?

I would book my FPs starting an hour or so after rope drop and try to hit the rides I don't have FPs for at rope drop.

I would try to make SDMT FP+ first. It's going to have the longest lines.

Mickey was a walk in, back in June and we've never really had a wait to see him. We didn't try at Christmas.

In a perfect world I would walk to Space mountain at rope drop(without a FP) and then hit Buzz, again no FP.

I would have FP+ for SDMT, BTMMR, and Splash mountain all before lunch. And then after I used my 3 FPs I would pick up a 4th afternoon FP for Mickey. Go eat lunch and head to adventure land and ride the Jungle cruise and POTC. And on my way out I would use my FP to go see Mickey.

Oh I forgot Peter Pan, LM, barnstormer isn't too much of a priority if we hit SDMT and big thunder. I'm not sure if he would like Enchanted story time, so I think I will skip it because it takes awhile.

The morning will just be Adam and I. So I want to knock out the big kid stuff.

This is assuming you survive the flight down flying alone with the kids right? How are you getting from the airport ME? Another thrilling experience alone with children........... getting you more nervous with your travel plans Just checking :panic:

I'll be happy to add my $.02, but I will initially defer to GDF.  Z is around Adam's age, and I know she did a great job attacking the MK one morning over the 4th of July holiday.

You definitely want to maximize the advantage of rope drop.  I think you would want to knock out all of the Fantasyland things you want to do first.  As a resort guest, you should be able to get FP+'s for the Mine Train, so you probably don't want to go there first.

TCD

Beckers, what did you decide about Space? 

You definitely need to FP+ 7DMT, and I think Splash and Thunder would be my other targets. You could head straight to Space at RD and then move on to Fantasyland, but that means it would be Adam's first ride of the day. 

This is assuming you survive the flight down flying alone with the kids right? How are you getting from the airport ME? Another thrilling experience alone with children........... getting you more nervous with your travel plans Just checking :panic:

The more I think about it, the crazier I think I am, or possibly just flat out stupid. Did I mention I am lapping the baby on the plane?

We are taking ME. I think that will be easier to handle the Disney busses because they will stow the stroller under it. I'm still working out a plan in my head of carrying the baby and the stroller on and off the bus.

Pretty sure my TR will be interesting.

I want to do space but not first ride of the day.

Since you're only going for one day, make a list of the things you think you really want to do.

With that, someone can guide you on how to maximize your time in that first hour, and suggest what big rides you can do with FP+.

You don't want to waste that first hour on any attraction that you can easily do later in the day- and you also don't want to be running all over the park.  At the MK,  I'm a big believer in focusing on one land right at rope drop.  Get everything you want to do there done, and then move on.  The land you start in should be the one with the most "must do's" on your list.

TCD

Will make my must do list in a few and post!

Thanks everyone!

That would be helpful. Also, since you only have 1 day you're going to have to make some choices. If you're REALLY brave, you could RD 7DMT like I did and do FP+ for the mountains. BUT, you need to make sure you get to the park really early.  

Like I wouldn't RD Splash because it's a 20 minute ride even without a wait.

Since you're only going for one day, make a list of the things you think you really want to do.

With that, someone can guide you on how to maximize your time in that first hour, and suggest what big rides you can do with FP+.

You don't want to waste that first hour on any attraction that you can easily do later in the day- and you also don't want to be running all over the park.  At the MK,  I'm a big believer in focusing on one land right at rope drop.  Get everything you want to do there done, and then move on.  The land you start in should be the one with the most "must do's" on your list.

TCD

I agree with this. I would basically focus on Fantasyland OR Tomorrow Land at RD.

This is Josh's One Day Touring Plan.... I'm not sure I would do it just like this though. One change I would make for sure is to give up the JC FP+ (especially because it's not a must do) and schedule Space. I'm not sure a mountain would be available the day of like he's suggesting.

Ideal 1-Day Plan

 Use FastPass+ at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (9am-10am), Jungle Cruise (10am-11am), Pirates of

the Caribbean(1am-12pm)

1. Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 9am – 9:10am

2. Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 9:15am – 9:25am

3. Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FastPass+: 9:27am – 9:40am

4. Ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 9:55am – 10:15am

5. Ride Splash Mountain: 10:17am – 10:40am

6. Ride Jungle Cruise with FastPass+: 10:50am – 11:10am

7. Ride Pirates of the Caribbean with FastPass+: 11:15am – 11:35am

8. Visit Jungle Cruise FP+ kiosk and schedule Space Mountain FP+ for around 1pm

9. Have lunch: Pecos Bill is closest. Tortuga Tavern + Columbia Harbour House are nearby.

10. See Enchanted Tiki Room or walk Swiss Family Treehouse: 12:30pm – 12:50pm

11. Ride Space Mountain with FastPass+: 1:05pm – 1:30pm

12. Visit Buzz Lightyear FP+ kiosk and select Buzz Lightyear that includes 2:10pm

13. Ride PeopleMover or see Monsters Inc Laugh Floor: 1:40pm – 2:05pm

14. Ride Buzz Lightyear with FastPass+: 2:10pm – 2:25pm

15. Visit Buzz Lightyear FastPass+ kiosk and select Haunted Mansion that includes 3:45pm

16. See Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade from Frontierland: 2:40pm – 3:15pm

17. See Country Bear Jamboree: 3:20pm – 3:40pm

18. Ride Haunted Mansion with FastPass+: 3:45pm – 4:05pm

19. Visit Fantasyland FastPass+ kiosk and select it’s a small world that includes 5:05pm

20. See Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 4:15pm – 4:35pm

21. Ride Prince Regal Royal Carrousel: 4:40pm – 5pm

22. Ride it’s a small world with FastPass+: 5:05pm – 5:25pm

23. Visit Fantasyland FP+ kiosk and select another FastPass+ experience

24. Have dinner: Pinocchio Village Haus is closest. Be Our Guest Restaurant would be perfect if

you’ve snagged reservations. Cosmic Ray’s is relatively close.

With the popularity of mine train, I would FP it. If you can't get it, head there first from the front of the rope drop line. We were there at opening and still stood in line for an hour to ride it. Wondering if Space's stand-by line at opening has chilled some because of it? Anyone?