• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beckers, what did you decide about Space?    You definitely need to FP+ 7DMT, and I think Splash and Thunder would be my other targets. You could head straight to Space at RD and then move on to Fanta

That's perfect. Now you can hit BTMRR and splash at rope drop. Then go to POTC.

Hit fantasyland and SDMT and Peter Pan.

I bet you can do Buzz after Speedway and Space.

Another option is to bring my DW, DD, and myself

With y'all and I'll get FP+ for three other rides on your list and you can use our MBs to hit those rides. It won't cost you much because we have APs.

With y'all and I'll get FP+ for three other rides on your list and you can use our MBs to hit those rides. It won't cost you much because we have APs.

The problem with that plan is the Peter Pan will probably be close to an hour wait by then. It's more walking, but I'd hit Pan first.

Your probably right.

Pan is a pretty popular ride.

Ok hit Pan and then BTMRR, Splash, if you have time hot POTC before riding SDMT then check the wait time for Pooh, Mermaid, and Dumbo. See if you can squeeze one if those in before Speedway. After Speed check the wait for Buzz. Ride it if possible. If not hit Space and try to pick up Buzz as your 4th FP+ Then head back to Fantadyland. Ride what you missed. Then see Mickey as you leave.

Then go back to the fort and have a drink. You'll need it.

Really. I wonder why? You would think it would happen to coaster type rides more. Hmmmm.....

The ride is old, and has some serious deferred maintenance issues.  Or, to put it bluntly-it has been neglected.

Great suggestion. What do you think about doing Peter Pan, POTC, BTMMR, Splash Mountain, and then taking the train to fantasy land and hitting 7DMT, Speedway, and then space with your FP

I was thinking the train ride is fun and it gives you a few minutes to relax.

I like the idea of the train ride, but I don't like the idea of doing POTC second.  Under the best of circumstances, that ride takes a while to get on and off of.  If there's any kind of problem, then the walk there would be a waste of valuable time.  That's why I kept it at #4.  The train station isn't a far walk from there- I think I would take the train to New Fantasyland after POTC. If time is going well, Beckers would have time to ride Dumbo, The Goofy Roller Coaster and/or the Little Mermaid before the Mine Train.

I had to change it around but that is the current plan. I can't believe A&E were gone. I would be really mad if I wanted to see them.

I selected Mine Train and the trio it gave me was LIttle mermaid, space and mine train as option A (I didn't even look at the other options). I just grabbed that and then changed it until I got this. Slight learning curve on the app, I needed to slow down and read the options for changing them.

That's crazy that the A&E FP+'s were already gone.

I like working with MDE on an actual computer better than the app. 

Same here- working on a computer is way easier than working on than the app.

My laptop is still shot. I should have brought it to Ct!

I'm happy with what I got. The speedway seems like a waste but Adam loves it and that line always stinks.

I personally would not use a FP+ for the race cars, but I agree-if it's important to Adam, then it's better to use a FP+ than to ride stand-by.

I agree with trying to ride Buzz after Space. I would go to the FP+ kiosk there, and try for a Buzz FP+.  Depending on the return time, I would ride the People Mover or Astro Orbiter then, and maybe try the Laugh Floor.

The problem with that plan is the Peter Pan will probably be close to an hour wait by then. It's more walking, but I'd hit Pan first.

I agree.  Peter Pan is one of those rides that always has a long wait.  It will be a walk on at rope drop.  The extra steps are worth the effort.

Now, Beckers, I have some thoughts about your FP+ times.

You could go two different ways with this:

1.  Try to move up your Tomorrowland Speedway time, so it's as close to the end of the Mine Train time as possible.  Then, move up the Space time.  That will cut down on any waiting between using those FP+'s, and also get you eligible for the 4th FP+ sooner.  You are still likely to have time in between the FP+'s to do some of the Storybook Circus attractions, or the People Mover or Laugh Floor. If possible, I would even try COP.  Kids seem to like it.  I do.

2.  You could leave the times alone, and use the time in between to hop on some less popular attractions. Maybe Tiki Room or even the carpets in Adventureland.  Or Mermaid, Dumbo and Goofy.  Or the Tommorrowland attractions already mentioned. 

I would try for option 1.  Even with the FP+ times back to back, you still have time in between, since you can be 5 minutes early or 15 minutes late.  To me, it's important that you get to the kiosk for FP+ #4 earlier rather than later.

TCD

That might be a little tight in her parent truck camper.  :rofl2:

Following TCD's guidance, this is the new plan.

0CE087E2-E09F-49DC-886D-38A50F21A3BF-441

That's better.

Can you move the Space time up any more?

This gives you a good cushion to do some things before Mine Train.  Depending on what time it is when you finish up with POTC, you could head right to Mine Train and ride at 10:35.   And then you potentially would have an hour and a half or even two hours between that ride and the end of your  Speedway return time to do some extra things around New Fantasyland.  Or, you could hang around Adventureland for a bit, then hit Storybook Circus,  and head to the Mine Train and ride it at the last minute.  They give you 15 minutes leeway at the end, so you could do stuff all the way up until 11:55, and then go on the Mine Train.  After that, you can proceed immediately to the Speedway, and then you'll have a bit of time between Space, which should be enough time for the People Mover or COP.  You want to ride Space at 12:50, if you can, because you can then immediately go to the Buzz FP+ kiosk to get your 4th FP after that.  Again, if you move up Space 15 minutes, that gets you to the kiosk 15 minutes sooner.

Also, if your parents can bring the baby over and go with you to the entrances of the Mine Train, Speedway, and Space, you could get Rider Switch passes for them, which would allow Adam and you or your parents another ride on those attractions through the FP+ line later in the day.  That would be sweet.

I love it when a plan comes together.

TCD

That's better.

Can you move the Space time up any more?

This gives you a good cushion to do some things before Mine Train.  Depending on what time it is when you finish up with POTC, you could head right to Mine Train and ride at 10:35.   And then you potentially would have an hour and a half or even two hours between that ride and the end of your  Speedway return time to do some extra things around New Fantasyland.  Or, you could hang around Adventureland for a bit, then hit Storybook Circus,  and head to the Mine Train and ride it at the last minute.  They give you 15 minutes leeway at the end, so you could do stuff all the way up until 11:55, and then go on the Mine Train.  After that, you can proceed immediately to the Speedway, and then you'll have a bit of time between Space, which should be enough time for the People Mover or COP.  You want to ride Space at 12:50, if you can, because you can then immediately go to the Buzz FP+ kiosk to get your 4th FP after that.  Again, if you move up Space 15 minutes, that gets you to the kiosk 15 minutes sooner.

Also, if your parents can bring the baby over and go with you to the entrances of the Mine Train, Speedway, and Space, you could get Rider Switch passes for them, which would allow Adam and you or your parents another ride on those attractions through the FP+ line later in the day.  That would be sweet.

I love it when a plan comes together.

TCD

I've found that they won't let you close that 15 minute gap by selecting an alternate time just a little different even when there are times available. She's have to cancel Space and try to get it again. Not sure if my explanation makes sense though. 

I can't move space. There seems to be a big missing gap of time choices for mid morning.

Thank you so much for the help! I'm taking notes lol!

Just an idea... I use the note function in my phone to make my list in order of how we'll ride in advance. That way, I can remember what the plan is. I also add or delete things as we go with the flow a bit... and then I've got an outline for my TR. 

Because you will be writing one, RIGHT?

Just an idea... I use the note function in my phone to make my list in order of how we'll ride in advance. That way, I can remember what the plan is. I also add or delete things as we go with the flow a bit... and then I've got an outline for my TR.

Because you will be writing one, RIGHT?

I was going old school with one and paper but using my phone is brilliant! That will help keep things straight.

There will be a TR, flying by myself with 2 kids? How could I not write one lol.

I've found that they won't let you close that 15 minute gap by selecting an alternate time just a little different even when there are times available. She's have to cancel Space and try to get it again. Not sure if my explanation makes sense though. 

Hmmm.  I haven't encountered that.  But, I never go to this degree of planning either, so it's not something that I ever worry about.

If it can't be moved, then so be it.  I think that Beckers should just be ready to use the dead time in between to fill in some of the lesser attractions on the maybe list.  There are plenty around that area.  Then ride Space at the very beginning of the return time, and head right to the FP+ kiosk after that.

I was going old school with one and paper but using my phone is brilliant! That will help keep things straight.

There will be a TR, flying by myself with 2 kids? How could I not write one lol.

I think you already have, but make sure you've got a screen shot of your return times on the phone- you don't want to be messing with the slow Wi-Fi there to prove you have a FP+ if there's any kind of glitch.

I want to see a Josh-style schedule for you so we can critique it.  After you type it, post it.

TCD

If it helps, I used to fly alone with Z all the time when he was a baby (and still do some). I didn't also have a 5 year old, but I survived. You will too. It's an adventure! LOL! I've found people are quick to help out (like in the security line). 

I will post my detailed plan once I have it figured out.

I'm trying to figure out what things will be hard to a manage and come up with a solution now instead of on the fly. The biggest challenge that I can think of is once I check the stroller at the gate for the plane and getting on the plane and settled and everything wiped down. My friend has a seatbelt harness that I am borrowing and plan on harnessing the baby while I wipe and Adam stands still.

For me the hardest part was folding the stroller to get thru security. How do you fold, get it on the belt, and hold a baby? I started intentionally flying with my stroller that wouldn't fold down enough to fit. Then I'd just tell them I fly with it often, and it won't fit. They get someone over to wand it.

Make sure the flight attendants know about the allergies. The person in the aisle seat of my row (I was the widow seat) had a peanut butter sandwich. I could strongly smell it when he unwrapped it. I have been on flights were flight attendants have told several rows not to open or eat certain foods.

Hope you have a great trip! I enjoyed reading everyone's advice as I will be making the same decisions in a few weeks. We' ve done MK many times but this is our first with FP+ and I do hope it goes well. Unfortunately A&E is on our list and we will be there the week of Thanksgiving!

Make sure that you're up at midnight on the 60th day before you arrive.

One challenge that Beckers had is that she only had one day to play with.  If you are going for multiple days- look for FP+'s toward the end of your trip first.  Once you're logged in, you can go to days beyond the 60th day, which means you're competing against less people for those spots.  If A&E is your number one priority, check for those for every day of your trip first.  When you find those, grab them.  Let the computer pick your 2nd and 3rd choices, you can choose those later.  You want the A&E FP+'s locked in first, and then you can build your day around those.  If you're lucky, you might even be able to get Mine Train FP+'s for the same day.

TCD

Our plan is more like:

Breakfast - when we get up

Go to the park till we get tired or hungry. 

Come back to the camper for lunch and a nap.

Go back to the park.

Come back to the camper when we get tired or hungry.

I have a similar plan which I have been using from the very beginning.

For you over planners like me, I will be putting it into a spreadsheet format.

1. Slow casual breakfast. CMs wearing rodent costumes will not be present.

2. Go to some amusement park, any amusement park, maybe by 10am. There will be no ropes involved.

3. Do whatever as I will not have any FPs and couldn't care less what I do or don't do.

4. Just enjoy being at the park.

5. When I've had enough, which is probably after a whopping four hours, leave.

Make sure that you're up at midnight on the 60th day before you arrive.

One challenge that Beckers had is that she only had one day to play with.  If you are going for multiple days- look for FP+'s toward the end of your trip first.  Once you're logged in, you can go to days beyond the 60th day, which means you're competing against less people for those spots.  If A&E is your number one priority, check for those for every day of your trip first.  When you find those, grab them.  Let the computer pick your 2nd and 3rd choices, you can choose those later.  You want the A&E FP+'s locked in first, and then you can build your day around those.  If you're lucky, you might even be able to get Mine Train FP+'s for the same day.

TCD

Thanks for the advice TCD those are great tips! We are counting down to midnight on the 23rd. Hopefully all will go well! We are making several lists in case A&E doesn't work out. Mine train is second on our list!

Even though you are a Gamecock fan, I have some advise to add.

When you check for A&E FP+, check first for the last day you will be in parks and work backwards.  If you find one for the last day, grab it, and then see if you can find one earlier, if that would work better for you.  You can always change the later one to something else.

Also, if there are more than 2 of you in your party, see if you can break it up and get overlapping FP+ for A&E.  In my case, I got A&E for my two girls, and that was good enough for me.  I booked the rest of us on Haunted Mansion for an overlapping time.

Hope you have a great trip!

Beckers- I just thought of something.  Your mom and dad have AP's and are going to be with you on this trip, right?   You need to make some FP+ reservations using their MB's for the morning you're going to be at the MK.  Assuming your folks will be watching the baby that morning, you can take and use their MB"s for you and Adam, and have another set of 3 FP+'s to use.  I use this cheat all the time, and it works like a charm. That would give you 6 FP+'s each.  Which makes a huge difference.

TCD