Hey, Ho, Fiendom!

We are heading to the Fort in November and I have a dining question.

We are spending most of our excess cash on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, but still want to have one or two fun dining experiences on the cheap.

Was thinking maybe we would hit two different places and split a couple of appetizers at each.

Any recommendations?  We are two adults and a picky 10-year old (and I am not opposed to just shoving a PBJ at her if she won't eat what we order).

The Tune-In Lounge is attached to 50s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios is fun.  It's first come, first serve, and not a ton of seats at the bar, but you can order off the full menu and you don't need an ADR. We've gone a few times and just ordered a bunch of apps to share, and because it's the full restaurant menu, there's a kid menu as well.

There's also the new-ish outside lounge area at Brown Derby (also HS).  Another first come, first serve, but there are quite a few tables there. Quite a few interesting appetizers and "small plates" type of things... I'm not sure about a kids menu.

DTD also has a bunch of cool places that are pretty laid back and good for popping in and grabbing some apps.  We like Paradiso 37 (deck seating is great on a nice day).

The Tune-In Lounge is attached to 50s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios is fun.  It's first come, first serve, and not a ton of seats at the bar, but you can order off the full menu and you don't need an ADR. We've gone a few times and just ordered a bunch of apps to share, and because it's the full restaurant menu, there's a kid menu as well.

There's also the new-ish outside lounge area at Brown Derby (also HS).  Another first come, first serve, but there are quite a few tables there. Quite a few interesting appetizers and "small plates" type of things... I'm not sure about a kids menu.

DTD also has a bunch of cool places that are pretty laid back and good for popping in and grabbing some apps.  We like Paradiso 37 (deck seating is great on a nice day).

All good suggestions.

The Brown Derby lounge menu is here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-brown-derby-lounge/menus/

That is a very odd menu.

TCD

All good suggestions.

The Brown Derby lounge menu is here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-brown-derby-lounge/menus/

That is a very odd menu.

TCD

It changes from time to time and I think they play with specials as well.

When I ate their in May they had a burger with a fried egg on it.  The waiter was recommending it to everyone, as it turns out for VERY good reason.  It may have been the best burger I've ever had.

It changes from time to time and I think they play with specials as well.

When I ate their in May they had a burger with a fried egg on it.  The waiter was recommending it to everyone, as it turns out for VERY good reason.  It may have been the best burger I've ever had.

A burger with a fried egg on it?  Bring it on!

As far as I can tell, that has since been replaced with these sliders, which are described as "Wagyu Beef with Cognac-Mustard Aïoli, Smoked Gouda, Bacon, and Avocado served with Duck Confit, Taleggio Cheese, Chipotle Vegetable Slaw, Sweet Onion and Orange Conserve, and crispy Leeks."

What the Fort is that?

TCD

As far as I can tell, that has since been replaced with these sliders, which are described as "Wagyu Beef with Cognac-Mustard Aïoli, Smoked Gouda, Bacon, and Avocado served with Duck Confit, Taleggio Cheese, Chipotle Vegetable Slaw, Sweet Onion and Orange Conserve, and crispy Leeks."

What the Fort is that?

TCD

That sounds disgusting. 

What the Fort is that?

TCD

What is Duck Confit?  I always picture duck confetti (something else I have never seen).

Sounds like my kind of place, then. 

Just checked to be sure, and the Disney site still says that the Dining Plan is not accepted there. They have a separate lunch and dinner menu (although they appear to be the same).  If you like Moroccan food, this is your place.  It's a nice looking place, with a great view of the water: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/spice-road-table/

TCD